Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    >P.S. They also mentioned that you will be REQUIRED to setup the Palm Profile in the store with them so bring your hand sanitizer and a micro-fiber cloth, looks like you're phone will get fondled.

    this is odd since telesales/online wouldn't require this. also, this requires my password - not sure how they will enforce it.
    I will have my purell handy.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    They also mentioned that you will be REQUIRED to setup the Palm Profile in the store with them so bring your hand sanitizer and a micro-fiber cloth, looks like you're phone will get fondled.
    Isn't a micro-fiber cloth included in the box? Anyways thanks for the idea! I will try this prior to Saturday!!!
  3. Bumble's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i do think they get paid on new activations too though - maybe a combo? surveys???
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    That's what I've been told. They ditched sales-based commissions. They now get paid according to how well customers evaluate their experiences with them.
    That's kind of true. They are tracked on new activations, total opportunities (upgrades), features, accessories, ready now and customer satisfaction. 60% of their commission is from sales (new, upgrades, features and accessories) and the remaining 40% is C-Sat (customer satisfaction). The nice thing is that with this pay plan new lines and upgrades pay out the same commission, so there shouldn't be any stock saved just for new lines.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkell View Post
    They may be likely to waive it, maybe without even telling you that they did, if you end up with a phone that is more expensive than the one you first bought. Not likely to be the case if anyone is returning the pre, but much more likely if you are returning something for the pre.

    I've also never had a jerk sales person at the local sprint store I frequent, so that may play in to it as well. Every experience there (aside from them not having a pre for me to look at when I went in yesterday) has been great.
    That's a good point. My wife is leaning toward the Instinct (don't ask me why ) so I wonder if they'd be willing to waive the fee if she brought that back and upgraded to the Pre. I'll call the store and ask about that. That would be ideal because then she could try out my Pre first and upgrade if she likes it.
  5. #25  
    We really wont know if it has 4G in it until someone gets hold of it & rips its guts out.

    There were some rumors a few months ago that it would ship with both 3G & 4G, but 4G would be "asleep" until Sprint activated it with a firmware update.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    We really wont know if it has 4G in it until someone gets hold of it & rips its guts out.

    There were some rumors a few months ago that it would ship with both 3G & 4G, but 4G would be "asleep" until Sprint activated it with a firmware update.
    If this is the case, that would mean that the $299 w/ $100 MIR price isn't a bad deal after all. However, I don't truly think this is the case and if it is, they are bungling it like crazy. Releasing a phone to customers and not using a major technical feature as a selling point would be nuts, IMO.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    That's what I've been told. They ditched sales-based commissions. They now get paid according to how well customers evaluate their experiences with them.
    I agree with this. I was in Sprint this weekend upgrading one of my lines and the Rep said that I will be getting a call and he would appreciate my giving him a 5 since that is how they make money now. (I'd give the guy a 10 if I could)
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Perhaps they mean backwards-compatible, like using 802.11b on a newer 802.11n router. The Pre will operate on the 4G network, but at it's older 3G speeds.
    There is no 4G radio on the Pre, as attested by the FCC filing. Also, 4G and 3G are in no way backwards-compatible, specially in the way you explained above.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions