1.    #1  
    So I have been reading and posting on this site, as wel as watching videos on youtube etc. I was thinking on the pre when using the browser would it be possible to change to another website without a direct link? I know we can utilize the great smart search by just typing on the keyboard to open up a new browser. I am wondering if it is possible to change to a different site while on the current web browser. Im just wondering because I have seen videos and there arent any signs of a address bar so I am just wondering if its possible.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    You can just open up a new card which is basically like opening a new window on a pc. To get to the url address bar simply type on the keyboard.
    To go to an address, you just start typing (when not in a text entry field on a site, I assume).
    I *think* I read somewhere that when in a web page..

you "drag downward" so the address bar will appear at the top, its normally hidden.

Then you just type it in...

But that could have been on another phone... I can't remember...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by fry8 View Post
    You can just open up a new card which is basically like opening a new window on a pc. To get to the url address bar simply type on the keyboard.
    uhh i said could it be possible to go to a web address without opening a new card or typing to use universal search.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    To go to an address, you just start typing (when not in a text entry field on a site, I assume).
    I guess i will just have to get my hands on one to find out.
    Like I said, when in the browser (and not already in a text entry field), typing doesn't start Universal Search, it jumps directly to the address bar.

To do Universal Search when in an application, you have to hit the center button first.

From the user manual:

Display the address bar: Start typing a search term or Web address, or scroll to the top of
    the page.
    testing this right now in the emu.....

CONFIRMED!

when you start typing when in a webpage it just puts it into that pages address bar!

AND

as you start typing it gives you the option of google searching it, or wikipedia searching it*
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    testing this right now in the emu.....
    Feel like leaking that to the rest of us?

... No, just kidding.... mostly.