Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I am so frustrated right now. I just visited my local Corporate Sprint store. I went to the one in Amherst on Niagara Falls Blvd here in WNY.

Totally blown off about the Pre. I felt like they dont even want my business. The guy at the store at first pretended to know nothing when I asked about early store hours. Then he said well yes, but only for premier customers, everyone else is at 10. Then when I told him I'm a 8 year Sprint Customer who is on the Everything Data Share 1500 Plan, with 4 phones, about to add a 5th, so I know I'm a premier member, he said I had to have the email to be there early.

I have clicked on the link that says "tell me when its out", sent my info on it, like months ago, when it first showed up. Sent it again. Still nothing.

This is so frustrating. I want to buy this phone, and its like I"m not good enough to be there at 8 to buy it. Maybe I should just hold out till this comes out for another carrier. It sucks not getting any info at all from Sprint.

Ok, /vent off.

It did **** me off tho.
    Another lying Sprint worker...they're terrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by welance View Post
    I am so frustrated right now. I just visited my local Corporate Sprint store. I went to the one in Amherst on Niagara Falls Blvd here in WNY.

Totally blown off about the Pre. I felt like they dont even want my business. The guy at the store at first pretended to know nothing when I asked about early store hours. Then he said well yes, but only for premier customers, everyone else is at 10. Then when I told him I'm a 8 year Sprint Customer who is on the Everything Data Share 1500 Plan, with 4 phones, about to add a 5th, so I know I'm a premier member, he said I had to have the email to be there early.

I have clicked on the link that says "tell me when its out", sent my info on it, like months ago, when it first showed up. Sent it again. Still nothing.

This is so frustrating. I want to buy this phone, and its like I"m not good enough to be there at 8 to buy it. Maybe I should just hold out till this comes out for another carrier. It sucks not getting any info at all from Sprint.

Ok, /vent off.

It did **** me off tho.
    I would try going to another Sprint store. I personally dislike Sprint Corporate and only go to a authorized rep since they're more friendly and help to get me a good deal on phones and such.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I'd also try an authorized rep. Although I'm not sure I trust ANY of them right now, at least the dealer was well informed and took my name and "promised" me a phone. Sprint corporate told me the "tell me when it's out e-mail" would tell me which store has reserved one for me and where to show up on the 6th--total wrong info according to the sprint customer service that I e-mailed!!
    i don't think we can chalk this all up to poor customer service. keep in mind that a lot about the launch of this phone is still top secret and many of the sprint employees don't know much yet - and even if they do - they were told not to say much - for whatever reasons - this is what palm/sprint desires. those reasons may become clearer to us in hindsight long after the launch. palm/sprint have a method to their madness - so don't go to the sprint store and expect the employees to present you with a new Pre to play with and a bunch of new launch info. it's probably not going to happen and if you expect it you're in for a big let down. so let's all try to relax and lower our anxiety level. we've waited a long time - we can wait a few more days. good luck to all.
    That's no excuse or justificaton for incompetent customer service reps to give misleading or false information to good customers.
    Who cares? Sleep in and go get one at 10:00.
    Id still go at 8am.. they aren't going to refuse a sale to you, if they do, complain to the manager and explain that you are a premier customer and you deserve a Pre just like everyone else. Don't let the employees run over you. Some of it isn't their fault, Sprint has put the fear of the devil in their corporate employee's by threats of termination if they mention anything about the pre before launch.

Ok, /vent off.

It did **** me off tho.
    They didn't send the email to everyone. Those that didn't get one, didn't get one (myself included). The guy at the store did nothing wrong. When you asked about early store hours, what did you want him to do, say "Sure, but it's only randomly selected premier customers, and if you don't know, that means you're not one of them"?

I'm surprised if you didn't get an email letting you know it's out on Saturday. Those seemed to have gone to just about everyone that wanted one.
    Does anyone really know for sure whether or not you need this email to get it at 8:00am on Saturday? I am a Premier Customer as well and I did not receive this email.
    i will be very disappointed if i don't get a "come in friday and buy early" email by this thursday. i'm going to try to be patient for this email though. if it doesn't come, it's a bad case of not delivering on your promises and sprint should be embarrassed and ashamed.

First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available.

Sprint | News Release: Sprint Thanks Customers with Launch of Exclusive Program that Provides Unique Perks and Instant Rewards to Loyal Customers
    I totally agree. How can customers trust this company if they don't honor their policies?
    I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience. I haven't set foot in my Sprint Store for an entire YEAR because they are just awful employees. Last year I flat out asked an employee, "do they train you to be rude?" I left the store and went to Best Buy to buy my Instinct. I plan on going to BB for my Pre. I suggest you do the same.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience. I haven't set foot in my Sprint Store for an entire YEAR because they are just awful employees. Last year I flat out asked an employee, "do they train you to be rude?" I left the store and went to Best Buy to buy my Instinct. I plan on going to BB for my Pre. I suggest you do the same.
    i thought everyone was nice in Eugene?
    I've had bad experiences calling my local Sprint store as well. I get different answers to the the same questions from different people, they are very unprofessional on the phone and almost seem annoyed that they have to talk to me.
    This is the 3rd thread where I've read Sprint may not have cleaned up their CS. I really hope Palm chose the right carrier.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Aargh, now I'm back on the fence about giving up my iPhone 3G.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I am the OP on this thread and sent an email to sprint asking about the email to premier customers that will allow 8 a.m. shopping for the Pre. This is my reply back from Sprint. According to him, there is no such thing as these emails that people recieved.

Seems the left hand doesnt know what the right has is doing.

Dear ****** *****

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am understand your concern about the
    Palm Pre phone.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused due to not being able to get
    early access to the Palm Pre phone.

Palm Pre phone will be launched on June 06, 2009. I am sorry that you
    didn't receive any response to your email regarding the Palm Pre.
    Currently, there is no promotion under which the Premier Customer can
    shop the Palm Pre in early hours. You can directly get the Palm Pre
    phone from Sprint Retail Stores, Best Buy, RadioShack or Wal-Mart.

Please click on the following link to locate the nearest store:

Sprint Store Locator

The web page reflects map directions to the store, offered services and
    timings of the store. It also reflects phone numbers of the stores. For
    your convenience, you can also fix an appointment by clicking at ‘Make
    an Appointment’ link before your visit to the store to save your
    precious time.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your
    concerns. Visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Steve M.
    Sprint

Its like he didnt even read my email.... but thanks for teaching me how to find where a store is, the store I just told you I was at. Gotta hate these "form" letters.
    Last edited by welance; 06/01/2009 at 05:15 AM.
    ^ I signed up on Sprint's Palm Pre page to be notified 'as soon as the Pre is available'. Well, I have not received anything. I know that some people in select markets received an invitation to a Pre Party. But are people saying they've received the notification that the Pre will be available on the 6th? If that's the case, it really annoys me that I didn't receive anything.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard

Ok, /vent off.

It did **** me off tho.
    Looks like I'm camping out earlier. Thats the store I was planning on going to!
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast