1.    #1  
    Well, if my experience is any indication of Sprint's "turnaround" in customer service, it's not looking good. Anyway, I've been very excited for 6 months now about the Palm Pre. I called a few stores in my area to just double check the store hours for next Saturday. One store told me that they have a waitlist and in their words "there's no reason for you to show up on Saturday.." Huh??? Never heard that one before at product launch. The other store said they have a waiting list and they'd call me back because they're too busy now. Still waiting after 3 days. I guess I was under the impression that waitlists were not allowed. Even if they were, you could still come and wait in line. Called Sprint up - two reps said yes you can order online at sprint.com on the 6th, one other rep said absolutely not, no online orders. Anybody else experiencing this confusion??
    The waiting list nonsense has nothing to do with Sprint. These are employees taking matters into their own hands. Sprint's policy is strictly first come, first serve.
    This confusion is not limited to Sprint. Knowledgeable reps are hit-or-miss with every carrier, and it seems mostly *miss*.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Yeah, take anything any rep tells you at any cell carrier with a grain of salt. Customer service centers for carriers generally have pretty high turnover. The year I worked at Cingular my center alone had near 75% turnover. That's horrendously high, but it was as horrible job and they hired anyone so, sort of makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by southflguy View Post
    Well, if my experience is any indication of Sprint's "turnaround" in customer service, it's not looking good. Anyway, I've been very excited for 6 months now about the Palm Pre. I called a few stores in my area to just double check the store hours for next Saturday. One store told me that they have a waitlist and in their words "there's no reason for you to show up on Saturday.." Huh??? Never heard that one before at product launch. The other store said they have a waiting list and they'd call me back because they're too busy now. Still waiting after 3 days. I guess I was under the impression that waitlists were not allowed. Even if they were, you could still come and wait in line. Called Sprint up - two reps said yes you can order online at sprint.com on the 6th, one other rep said absolutely not, no online orders. Anybody else experiencing this confusion??
    tell it to dan@sprint
    Well, if my experience is any indication of Sprint's "turnaround" in customer service, it's not looking good. Anyway, I've been very excited for 6 months now about the Palm Pre.
    Interesting to me that you have been excited for 6 months about the Pre and today is your first post -- slamming Sprint's CS...
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I've been a Sprint customer for far longer than I can remember. I've also had AT&T and Verizon for landline service. I wanted an iPhone but stuck with Sprint because Sprint's customer service has only ever been a dream for me, while AT&T has been a nightmare.

See this review I wrote of Sprint customer service in another discussion forum.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I've been a Sprint customer for far longer than I can remember. I've also had AT&T and Verizon for landline service. I wanted an iPhone but stuck with Sprint because Sprint's customer service has only ever been a dream for me, while AT&T has been a nightmare.

See this review I wrote of Sprint customer service in another discussion forum.
    Here's another stab at that link. Not sure what went wrong.

If this doesn't work, go to the "CDMA North America" forum and visit page 2 of "Is Sprints Service / 3G Good? honestly?"
    talked to my Sprint store rep --

He said that the store might open at its regular hours of 10 am or they might open at 8 am bright and early like some other stores to get a head start on the day. But he also said that they get there at 8 am to set up and so the store wouldn't open until 9 am. Some stores are getting more inventory than others and that your Sprint store should have plenty of units to last all day. But then it might run out of units because it wasn't one of the stores designated to get more supply, so if you're not on the waiting list or in line when the store opens, you probably won't be getting a Pre. And make sure you're on a waiting list. Some stores don't have them but others do, and you need to be on one to get a Pre. Although sometimes the wait lists are invalid and cannot be used on launch day, so if you think you are secured because you are on a wait list, you might want to verify when your store is opening so you can get there 2 hours early and get in line. If you are an existing Sprint customer, new customers will be put ahead of you unless you are there 2 hours early and on a wait list, that is of course if your store has a wait list. If not, you need to wear two different colored shoes and your shirt inside out to get ahead of the line and be sure to get a Pre.
    Last edited by jcydon; 05/31/2009 at 04:13 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Interesting to me that you have been excited for 6 months about the Pre and today is your first post -- slamming Sprint's CS...
    Excited does not necessarily equal posting on forums. To each his own as I have been reading precentral, everythingpre and so forth for several months. I have had all the major carriers at some point or another - the purpose of my post is that if Sprint wants to turnaround their business it's going to have to start with each representative and each store. Telling someone to not bother coming in to buy a Pre on release date is just plain stupid.
    They need to kiss **** to keep customers in such a competitive business to stay ahead.
    Excited does not necessarily equal posting on forums. To each his own as I have been reading precentral, everythingpre and so forth for several months. I have had all the major carriers at some point or another - the purpose of my post is that if Sprint wants to turnaround their business it's going to have to start with each representative and each store. Telling someone to not bother coming in to buy a Pre on release date is just plain stupid.
    I haven't felt the urge to call Sprint whether its a store or whatever. Anyone following this knows June 6th and knows what plan they need. If you're complaining about bad service, then stop bugging em about stuff you should easily know?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I find customer service to be overrated because when it comes down to it I probably spend less than 10min a year talking to a rep. If I need computer support, info, updates or anything then I'll find it on an unofficial fan site because they usually have better info anyway.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I haven't felt the urge to call Sprint whether its a store or whatever. Anyone following this knows June 6th and knows what plan they need. If you're complaining about bad service, then stop bugging em about stuff you should easily know?
    Do I know that there is a waitlist at a particular store? Do I know whether it's sold online or not? These are all unanswered questions that I still don't know for sure. What's your problem???
    Do I know that there is a waitlist at a particular store? Do I know whether it's sold online or not? These are all unanswered questions that I still don't know for sure. What's your problem???
    Really, fanboy, if it is stressing you out too much, just keep your iphone
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Really, fanboy, if it is stressing you out too much, just keep your iphone
    This is exactly why I rarely post on forums. People peg you as a fanboy the minute you question anything. FYI, no iPhone here. I thought the purpose of a forum is to discuss and not insult?
    Sprint's problem is two things:

Lack of a decent flag ship device. This can be overcome as Verizon has with a great network despite higher costs. The Storm doesn't count IMO.

Consistency. This is really Sprints bigger issue. Customers shouldn't be forced to play CSR roulette and they should have strict adherence to what reps say, do and the benefits they dole out to customers. Stupid things like Fav 3 or 5 whatever it is not being on plans to begin with, getting such large discrepancies in what you get from retentions, allowing customers to play the retentions game at all, the whole SERO debacle, ERP its all just stupid. etc...

They need to pick a stance, Yes or No, not sometimes or maybe if the rep is in a good mood or you catch the right department that isn't graded on giving a discount so they freely drop them on everyone's account to shut you up. It shouldn't be like that. People can accept NO for an answer so long as the next guy isn't posting on the web that his rep said YES.