Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I did a quick search of this but couldn't find nothing on it.

How much money should I take to the Sprint store saturday? I was thinking $350 just for the phone including taxes but I don't know if that would be enough. And will I need to pay an activation fee if Im already a sprint customer?
    Why not just use your ATM Visa Check card?
    cash? ¿cuál es éste?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4.    #4  
    I cant find my atm card.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I cant find my atm card.
    Maybe you should be more worried about trying to find that, before you purchase a Pre (seeing if you still have money left after losing the card lol)

Na, just bring $375. All you need to do is, grab a recepit from somewhere, see what your tax is, and just factor that percentage into the mix. I think you'll be fine with $350, but I would do $375.
    This forum is turning to crap.. Are people really this clueless?

How many blankets should i use at night?
    How much toilet paper should one use per wipe?
    How many fingers should i use when adding 2 +2?
    Should i use my turn signal if i'm in a turning lane?
    How long should i stop at stop signs?
    What should i eat first if i order a hamburger and fries? How much money should i bring? How much ice should i put in my drink?
    Don't forget about accessories!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    This forum is turning to crap.. Are people really this clueless?

How many blankets should i use at night? 1
    How much toilet paper should one use per wipe? 8-10 sheets
    How many fingers should i use when adding 2 +2? Duh, 4!
    Should i use my turn signal if i'm in a turning lane? Does anyone any more??
    How long should i stop at stop signs? Long enough
    What should i eat first if i order a hamburger and fries? Always the burger
    How much money should i bring? Again, just enough
    How much ice should i put in my drink? 3-4 cubes or you begin to get the water effect
    See above in BOLD. Hope this helps.

Next!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    How much you take will depend on the accessories you intend to buy. Personally, I expect to drop about $475 including accessories and tax. Of course I'll get the $100 MIR back in a few weeks. The math (all numbers rounded off):

Pre = $300
    Touchstone Kit = $53 (25% S|P discount applied to the $70 price tag)
    Car charger = $30
    Travel charger = $30
    Case = $30
    Sub Total = $443
    Tax (NJ 7%) = 31
    Total = $476

Finally having the Pre.... Priceless.

And it might not hurt to take along an extra Benjamin or two that you could use to grease the wheels at the Sprint store, if you take my meaning. You do want to be first in line, don't you?
    Last edited by rotello; 05/31/2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Edited for typo in the price of the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post
    How much you take will depend on the accessories you intend to buy. Personally, I expect to drop a little under $370 including accessories and tax. Of course I'll get the $100 MIR back in a few weeks. The math (all numbers rounded off):

Pre = $200
    Car charger = $30
    Travel charger = $30
    Case = $30
    Sub Total = $343
    Tax (NJ 7%) = 24
    Total = $367

And it might not hurt to take along an extra Benjamin or two that you could use to grease the wheels at the Sprint store, if you take my meaning. You do want to be first in line, don't you?
    You do realize that if you're going to a Sprint store, you'll be paying $299 out of pocket, not $199, don't you? The last $100 is from a mail-in rebate, so if this is how you're planning you'll be in trouble.

Edit: I see you realize that it's a mail-in rebate, but the way you worded it makes it seem that you wouldn't need that extra $100 initially.
    299 for first line - which is at upgrade status
    549 for 2nd line - Sprint will credit my bill and give me this line at new customer price(I have the email and employee number and have called customer service 5 times to confer)
    69.99 for one toucstone (25% off coupon for this)
    19.99 for extra back cover for the other phone.

937.98 + 8.25% = 1016.00 All on a credit card.

Of course after rebates, bill credits and the 100.00 I get back for donating my two Rumors, I should be close to only having a net loss of around 150.00. My wife sells hairbows for play money and we just had a killer garage sale.

It pays to have 768 credit score!
    Last edited by tripsbacks; 05/31/2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: typo
    Enough to buy one too....
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post
    How much you take will depend on the accessories you intend to buy. Personally, I expect to drop a little under $370 including accessories and tax. Of course I'll get the $100 MIR back in a few weeks. The math (all numbers rounded off):

Pre = $200
    Car charger = $30
    Travel charger = $30
    Case = $30
    Sub Total = $343
    Tax (NJ 7%) = 24
    Total = $367

Sorry to ask, but what is a S|P discount?

How much money should I take to the Sprint store saturday? I was thinking $350 just for the phone including taxes but I don't know if that would be enough. And will I need to pay an activation fee if Im already a sprint customer?
    $400 cash - in four, crisp, clean, unmarked $100 bills.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    It is for Sprint Premier customers
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Sprint Premier
    you never eat the burger first. It's the blend of flavors with the burger and fries that makes it. You do make sure though that there are always a few fries left when the burger is done. Fries are the lasting flavor you want.

As far as ice cubes, when dining in you can always go a little extra on the cubes. You'll be drinking quick and having it ice cold is a plus. When you refill for the road, you go light on the ice since it'll be sitting in the cup holder for a bit, so you will get the water effect.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    to put in plain and simple.... A LOT!!

I'm going to be purchasing 2 pres as well as at least 1 touchstone kit and the side case. Going to purchase vehicle charger from ebay today. I'm looking at dropping around $700-$750 in the store though.

The more I look at that number, ouch!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute

Just play it safe and bring $500.00. Any money you don't use you can take back home and stuff under your mattress, put back in your bank account, or buy a new pair of shoes to match your Pre.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You do realize that if you're going to a Sprint store, you'll be paying $299 out of pocket, not $199, don't you? The last $100 is from a mail-in rebate, so if this is how you're planning you'll be in trouble.

Edit: I see you realize that it's a mail-in rebate, but the way you worded it makes it seem that you wouldn't need that extra $100 initially.

Oh Snap! I see the error I made. Indeed I do expect to pay $300 in store, then get the rebate.... must have just hit the '2' by mistake and then added it all up... I'm gonna go edit my post to reflect this.... thanks for catching it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast