Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    See above in BOLD. Hope this helps.

Next!
    For the turn signal one, you answered a question with another question. I'm confused.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    1 credit card
    If you're buying in California, be ready for a HUGE sales tax hit - CA charges sales tax on the FULL RETAIL (Pre-rebate) price. Thus, in CA, the sales tax is calculated off of the $549.99 retail price ($849.99 at Best Buy), not the $299.99 out the door price. UGHH! So bring extra cash!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    don't forget to bring more if you buy a touchstone charger.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    How long will I have to wait in line?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hopefully not long!
    Cash? isn't cash only needed for special events, and all ones?
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    If you're buying in California, be ready for a HUGE sales tax hit - CA charges sales tax on the FULL RETAIL (Pre-rebate) price. Thus, in CA, the sales tax is calculated off of the $549.99 retail price ($849.99 at Best Buy), not the $299.99 out the door price. UGHH! So bring extra cash!
    Never had that happen when I went to buy phones in all my years and I we have 9.25% sales tax here...

To stick on topic, I'm just charging it to my account since I have no spending limit. Think they'll let me do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Never had that happen when I went to buy phones in all my years and I we have 9.25% sales tax here...

To stick on topic, I'm just charging it to my account since I have no spending limit. Think they'll let me do that?
    maybe? not sure since it's been almost 2 years since my last new phone purchase. I made the purchase on account, but only after the sales rep first stated it could not be done anymore, but then he checked my account history (8 yrs at that time) and then said, oh sure you can charge it.
    That said, I'm planning on charging it to my account (CC for backup though)
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    maybe? not sure since it's been almost 2 years since my last new phone purchase. I made the purchase on account, but only after the sales rep first stated it could not be done anymore, but then he checked my account history (8 yrs at that time) and then said, oh sure you can charge it.
    That said, I'm planning on charging it to my account (CC for backup though)
    Yup same here. Just gonna bring a CC for backup but it's just so much easier to charge it to my account and pay it with my service bill. I'm excited though! Finally getting my mother into the 21st Century(she's been on a RAZR for god knows how long)
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post

Here's the link to the CA Board of Equalization publication on the subject:

http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/pub120.pdf

Just don't want you to be shocked when you get hit with $50+ in sales tax!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12