Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    That's what I hear when I tell people I'm getting the Pre next week. It's a week away & 95% of the people I talk to have no idea what the Pre is. Sprint a ton of money advertising their 3G Now Network and even the 4G network (which is available in ONE f'ing city!) - why have they not had a dedicated Pre commercial?! Their lives (Palm/Sprint) depend on the Pre.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I'm perfectly happy with the lack of advertisement. IMO 7 June (after I’ve already bought it) would be the best time to flood every television channel, newspaper and magazine cover with the PRE.
    I just tell people the Pre is the phone at the end of sprint's now network commericals. Which still dont help.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    That's what I hear when I tell people I'm getting the Pre next week. It's a week away & 95% of the people I talk to have no idea what the Pre is. Sprint a ton of money advertising their 3G Now Network and even the 4G network (which is available in ONE f'ing city!) - why have they not had a dedicated Pre commercial?! Their lives (Palm/Sprint) depend on the Pre.
    Uh...do you want a Pre? Or do you want people to be knowledgeable so they'll be impressed when you buy a Pre? Or are you simply a Sprint stockholder?

If it's options 2 or 3, I can see why you'd care. Otherwise, enjoy the fact that you MAY not have a line at your local store and you'll be able to get one. THEN, let the advertising begin!!

bj
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah, they can throw up all the commercials and advertising they want after june 6th. Less people in line to compete with then.
    sprint/palm aren't as dumb as we think they are. think of it this way. sprint shouldn't have any problems moving their initial batch of phones due to the short supply + the internet hype machine. Within the first few days of release, reviews (hopefully positive) will flood the blogs, internet forums, twitter, and facebook. Add to that the media surrounding apple's wwdc, which will inevitably mention the palm pre along with its positive reviews. this will garner even more public attention.

So now you've got glowing, positive reviews on the internet, mentions on CNN and the like comparing the pre to the new iphone, combined with a short supply which increases perceived value. At this point, sprint can launch its pre advertising campaign, pushing pre fervor even higher.

of course, this all hinges on the pre being a product worthy of positive reviews...
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    What's a Palm Pre? It's a name that makes you ask, "A Palm wha?" It's a device with no tag line we Palm freaks can parrot to snag people's interest. It's a device without a snazzy, ready answer to the question, "What is it?"

Anyone want to try answering the question, "What's a Palm Pre?" in 3 no-run-on sentences or fewer?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Anyone want to try answering the question, "What's a Palm Pre?" in 3 no-run-on sentences or fewer?
    The Palm Pre is the latest, and possibly greatest, cellphone and mobile internet device from veteran handheld creator, Palm. It contains many new and intuitive features that allows you to sync all aspects of your life, whether that be from Work, School, or Social Networks, in one easy to use and understand user interface. With it's Gorgeous 3.1 inch touchscreen and dedicated keyboard, which together allows you to interact with each other and the internet, you will never be out of Sync with your life again.

How's that?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    How's that?
    Pretty good, actually! But can we get snazzier? More riveting details?
    Just a few months back all the Reps thought we were talking about the Palm Pro.

People will know soon enough.
    And then their eyes will melt within their sockets and their insides will rot away with envy.
    Just because they aren't doing an advertising blitz for the pre now, doesn't mean they aren't going to in a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Just a few months back all the Reps thought we were talking about the Palm Pro.

People will know soon enough.
    And then their eyes will melt within their sockets and their insides will rot away with envy.
    I'm thinking the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I wonder if Spielberg knows about the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Pretty good, actually! But can we get snazzier? More riveting details?
    The Palm Pre is the latest, and possibly greatest, cellphone and mobile internet device from veteran handheld creator, Palm; creators of the groundbreaking Palm Pilot. It contains many new and intuitive features, such as syncing your Gmail, Facebook, and Exchange contacts seamlessly, that allow you to bring together all aspects of your life, whether that be from Work, School, or even Play, into one easy to use and understand user interface. With it's Gorgeous 3.1" capacitive touchscreen and dedicated QWERTY keyboard, which together allows you to interact with each other and the internet like never before, you will never be out of Sync with your life again.

Better? lol Although I think I like the vague one better.
    Last edited by LightofHonor; 05/31/2009 at 08:05 PM.
    I just say it is the new BlackBerry LOL.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Yeah, they can throw up all the commercials and advertising they want after june 6th. Less people in line to compete with then.
    I think that's a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Sprint will not succeed or fail as a company by the Pre's success or failure, anyone saying this is saying nonsense. Palm on the other hand...

But yeah, they keep saying that they'll be shortages and that they won't even have enough to meet demand now, so why bother advertising. They can start later.