View Poll Results: Will you let people play with your PRE or will you try to hide it from them?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO! I don't want people playing with my new PRE! Go buy your own!!!

36 35.29%
  • Yes. I'll share the PRE love and goodness with the peoples.

66 64.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Will you let people play with your PRE or will you try to hide it from them? you know, the clumsy knucklehead friend that always drops and spills things, the other friend that always picks his nose and doesn't wash his hands, the other friend who insists on pressing every button and the screen real hard and will open and close the slider almost breaking it?????? you know that everyone that sees it is going to want to play with it!!!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    My thought was to strap my Pre on my forehead and cruise thought Starbucks

Then let the Pre-envy begin!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    ..the other friend who insists on pressing every button and the screen real hard and will open and close the slider almost breaking it??????
    Those are the friends I always hide my phone from.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I think I might require an environment and hygiene inspection before allowing my precious to be handled...
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I think I might require an environment and hygiene inspection before allowing my precious to be handled...
    Oh - a new come on line for women. Very inventive
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    NO ONE is touching my precioussssssssss!
    At first hell no! Later, after I've gotten my fill of long awaited pre goodness and put my IS on maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by My Precious View Post
    NO ONE is touching my precioussssssssss!
    Last edited by Grim; 05/31/2009 at 10:49 AM.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I'll be flashing my junk all over town
    Will you let people play with your PRE or will you try to hide it from them? you know, the clumsy knucklehead friend that always drops and spills things, the other friend that always picks his nose and doesn't wash his hands, the other friend who insists on pressing every button and the screen real hard and will open and close the slider almost breaking it?????? you know that everyone that sees it is going to want to play with it!!!
    I won't have to hide it. I'll just tell them, "No."

They can be pissed if they want.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    **** all that.. Last time I let someone mess with my phone, they dropped it, picked it up and gave it back to me... saying "sorry bro". I should have went, "I'm sorry too..." Why? *bam* "that I just broke your face..."
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Depends who they are.
    Depends on what security the Pre has. As long as I can lock down my data so some dope doesn't enter his own password as a "joke" or something silly like that, I plan to give folks a shot to play with it. Supervised, of course! The benefit of syncing with the cloud is that if they delete a contact I can restore it on the spot.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    The benefit of syncing with the cloud is that if they delete a contact I can restore it on the spot.
    I'd be carefule about that until we see how it works.... My understanding was that Synergy isn't 'Syncing' like we're used to, but rather showing you your 'live' data from the cloud - ie, if your buddy deletes the contact, it's not being deleted on the Pre, it's being deleted from the cloud.

Is that how others understand it as well?

rotello

P.S. Holy cow, I just noticed your location. I live in Rockaway!
    Last edited by rotello; 05/31/2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Added my the P.S.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post
    I'd be carefule about that until we see how it works.... My understanding was that Synergy isn't 'Syncing' like we're used to, but rather showing you your 'live' data from the cloud - ie, if your buddy deletes the contact, it's not being deleted on the Pre, it's being deleted from the cloud.

Is that how others understand it as well?

rotello

not sure about Google or FB, but on EAS if a Contact is deleted on the device, it's deleted on the server.
    not sure about Google or FB, but on EAS if a Contact is deleted on the device, it's deleted on the server.
    Google yes, Facebook no.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Google yes, Facebook no.
    is the Google<>----<>PRE connection done via EAS? i would think so because they both have that protocol.

i wonder what protocol FB<>----<>PRE uses?
    I'll keep it out in the open playing with it. If they ask to try it... NO GO GET YOUR OWN DAMN IT!
    I don't believe it would be EAS. Google has likely worked out their own solution instead of licensing Microsoft's
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post
    I was just at the Sprint Store at the Rockaway Mall. The two reps I spoke to there didn't have much info. There is a tiny independent store in Boonton but they're closed Sundays, and anyway I don't think they're getting any Pre's for launch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast