1.    #1  
    I have read as much as my pee-brain will allow on the Pre, but I have not seen anything on system font size control/adjustibility. It appears right now the system font on the Pre will be locked(?). I like being able to adjust to fit my eyes - have done so on my WM and iPhone devices.

Anyone seem anything on this or can anyone comment?
    Wouldn't that be handled by zooming in or out with the "pinch" gestures?
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Wouldn't that be handled by zooming in or out with the "pinch" gestures?
    In the browser, sure, but those gestures don't exist in the Contacts app or Calendar or Memo or, well, just about everything else.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    In the browser, sure, but those gestures don't exist in the Contacts app or Calendar or Memo or, well, just about everything else.
    Exactly - and particularly EMAIL! I am just starting to have to wear glasses to do any reading - and I don't always have them on when I am out so having a bigger font on my WM Touch Pro has been a good thing. Somthing tells me it is going to be locked at least on initial launch.
    From pg 48 of the UG:

Zoom in (Email, Web, Photos,
    Doc View, PDF View, Google
    Maps): Pinch out: Place two
    fingers on the screen and
    spread them slowly apart.
    So it seems you can zoom in or out in many different applications.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  6.    #6  
    From pg 48 of the UG:

OK, well see if that does the trick. I looked for "font" in the UG, not the zoom feature.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    It'll sure help my aging eyes when viewing email! If I don't have my "Cheaters" on while wearing contacts, reading email on my 755p is a challenge!
  8.    #8  
    It'll sure help my aging eyes when viewing email! If I don't have my "Cheaters" on while wearing contacts, reading email on my 755p is a challenge!
    I am in the same boat, my man! Getting old $ucks.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    From pg 48 of the UG:

Good find, but I hope they allow you to just change it system wide later.
    I think it's a really elegant solution. Lets you change font sizes "on the fly" instead of having to change a setting in a particular application or system-wide.
    It is an elegant solution but why not both
    Changing the fonts for menus and sub-menus is something I love about my BlackBerry. My understanding is that, at least until there is an OTA update, the system font/size is set and cannot be changed. Customization *may* come later, or may not.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I am in the same boat, my man! Getting old $ucks.
    . . . BUT, it beats the alternative!!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Amen to that!
    I think it's a really elegant solution. Lets you change font sizes "on the fly" instead of having to change a setting in a particular application or system-wide.
    Not particularly elegant if you have to scroll back and forth all the time to read lines of type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Not particularly elegant if you have to scroll back and forth all the time to read lines of type.
    Exactly. Using multitouch to zoom in the email app is not nearly as elegant as being able to change the font size. When you zoom in, you will need to scroll more. If your using a larger font, it would word wrap in the proper locations.

Blackberry has awesome font control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    That's a big "if" but just how would that differ from having to change the font size in some application or system setting? Depending on how "word wrap" works, there may be no horizontal scroll required. But at this point we don't know how well "word wrap" works,