1.    #1  
    Ebay has several different battery and desktop charging combinations for the Centro(Pre). One of them has 2 OEM batteries and a desktop charger for $17.99 with free shipping. Probably not a bad idea.
    Search Centro battery chargers
    Is it 100% verified they work properly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlebuddy View Post
    Ebay has several different battery and desktop charging combinations for the Centro(Pre). One of them has 2 OEM batteries and a desktop charger for $17.99 with free shipping. Probably not a bad idea.
    Search Centro battery chargers
    Confucius say...

charger and battery bought cheap on ebay fry your new Pre.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    According to this SprintGurus comment, the Centro and Pre batteries have different model numbers. What does that mean? Dunno.
    I will let you guys try all these batteries and stores out first and if they don't fry your phones then I will buy from them.

According to this SprintGurus comment, the Centro and Pre batteries have different model numbers. What does that mean? Dunno.
    I thought D94 tried out the Centro battery in the Pre when he did his review of the phone and he said it worked fine. But then again, I guess maybe he didn't have it in there long enough to see if there would be a long term problem.
    I usually wait on Seidio to come out with their version which packs a little extra punch. But I spend most of my daily time at my desk, so I expect to have it sitting on the Touchstone most of the day w/Bluetooth on. The Touchstone is gonna be sweet, IMO.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    The Palm web site isn't currently listing the Centro battery as compatible with the Pre. However, it also doesn't list any batteries for the Pre yet. See this Centro battery page.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Confucius say...

You got that right Confucius.
  9.    #9  
    Over the past few days, we have learned a great deal about the upcoming Palm Pre, but what was not said at the recent keynote were details of the battery. We did not know the size or life of the battery; we can now tell you that the Palm Pre will use an 1150mAh, the same battery used in the Palm Centro and the Palm Treo 800W.

They are OEM batteries
    This probably belongs under the accessories.

Note that Treo 800w battery chargers use MicroUSB, while Centro battery chargers use Palm's old proprietary charger. If you have extra wall chargers for the 650/700/Centro, go with the Centro chargers, otherwise look for the 800w chargers.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Palm Spare Battery Charger for Treo 800w - Includes Battery - Palm Accessories

You might be better off getting something like this. $60 is kind of a rip off, but then again; it is an official palm battery. I might just wait until Saturday though just to be sure the batteries are the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Palm Spare Battery Charger for Treo 800w - Includes Battery - Palm Accessories

You might be better off getting something like this. $60 is kind of a rip off, but then again; it is an official palm battery. I might just wait until Saturday though just to be sure the batteries are the same.
    Nice avatar!!!!!
    crogs says he's been using OEM Centro batteries from ebay in multiple Centros with zero issues for months and months along with a desktop centro cradle with an outboard battery charger for over a year. Confucius should stay on the mountain and suck on his pipe a little more.

Also, with thi type of charger you don't need an AC adapter. Just flip out the prongs and plug it in. Plus you have a USB port to plug in a micro USB cable to charge the Pre. Great for traveling. It's been talked about in another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Confucius say...

Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.