View Poll Results: Will you charge your pre before use?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, charge first play later

15 13.27%
  • No, play first charge later

31 27.43%
  • Both, play while charging

67 59.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Upon getting your Palm Pre phone home, do you plan on charging it completely before playing around on it or are you going to play around on it first?
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    HELL NO!!! I will be using it while it charges for the first time.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Upon getting your Palm Pre phone home, do you plan on charging it completely before playing around on it or are you going to play around on it first?
    It's a damned good question.

If I were smart, I'd pick up a Centro battery or something and use it in the Pre while the new Pre battery charges in my charger.*

* - which I just realized probably (maybe?) WILL work on the Pre's battery
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    HELL NO!!! I will be using it while it charges for the first time.
    I'm with you buddy Use it and Charge it
    Won't even sleep the first night
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Play and charge for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I'm with you buddy Use it and Charge it
    Won't even sleep the first night
    I haven't been able to sleep this month! I probably will get 1 hour of sleep on Friday LOL. I need help...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

i don't think anyone will have the patience to sit and just watch this thing charge. i'll be plug and play - literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I haven't been able to sleep this month! I probably will get 1 hour of sleep on Friday LOL. I need help...
    it's almost 3am on the west coast. i'm starting to believe that the Eguy doesn't ever sleep. maybe he's a bot scripted by Palm's people? part of the viral marketing strategy???
    I have had both a Centro and a treo 800w, so I have 4 batteries that will be fully charged and ready.. No waiting here!!!!
    Don't they have to do the "ReadyNow" thing on the phone before giving it to you? I was thinking it would have to be pre-charged. Either that or they just have spare batteries lying around to do that...
    I'll be playing with it while it's on the Touchstone for the first time.

And as mentioned in another thread, lithium-ion batteries are usually shipped with 30-40% charge because that's safest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    it's almost 3am on the west coast. i'm starting to believe that the Eguy doesn't ever sleep. maybe he's a bot scripted by Palm's people? part of the viral marketing strategy???
    Can not compute... initiating startup sequence 0.0A-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Don't they have to do the "ReadyNow" thing on the phone before giving it to you? I was thinking it would have to be pre-charged. Either that or they just have spare batteries lying around to do that...
    ReadyNow is optional, although they are required to promote it to you. Just decline.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Mine will be charging while I play with it.
    If I cant swindle a fully charged battery from the salesman, then I will be charging it while I play. Lucky wife...I will be the one driving and she can play with hers!
    Im right handed. the charging port is on the right if you are holding and looking at the screen. that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    Im right handed. the charging port is on the right if you are holding and looking at the screen. that sucks.
    Hold the Pre in your left hand and gesture with your right index finger.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Hell no ill be using it until its dead!
    assuming that the power source is the same as the Pro... and if my wife goes w/ me, so she can drive and i plug it into the Pro carcharger while she drives, i will probably not buy a charger @ sprint unless i find my 25% S|P coupon
    Why worry about fully recharging it at first? With a lithium-ion battery it doesn't matter. From Battery University:
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery University
    Lithium-ion is a very clean system and does not need priming as nickel-based batteries do. The 1st charge is no different to the 5th or the 50th charge. Stickers instructing to charge the battery for 8 hours or more for the first time may be a leftover from the nickel battery days.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast