View Poll Results: Which carrier will you be going with?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

112 92.56%
  • Verizon

4 3.31%
  • AT&T

5 4.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We know that AT&T wants the Palm Pre, and today we found out that Verizon may carry Palm Pre in 6 months. On June 6th Palm Pre enthusiasts will finally be able to buy the Palm Pre through Sprint. Now that you know AT&T and Verizon will most likely be offering the Palm Pre on their network will you hold off on buying the Palm Pre? If you will then what network will you go with and why? For me I would prefer Verizon but I don't want to wait 6 more months and I also want to get started with webOS development and learn it. I'll still be going with Sprint!
    I'm definitely staying with sprint. I get great service and even better deals. I'm kinda upset that I have to switch to a SE plan, but its still waaaay cheaper than AT&T and Verizon. Everyone I know with an Iphone has terrible service with AT&T and Verizon is just overpriced for what you get.
    sprint..... you get tv and navigation with your plan..... what else is better?
    Verizon - because in my business a dropped call is lost business.
  5.    #5  
    Another thing you may want to consider is that Sprint does not allow tethering and doesn't have visual voicemail. Maybe Verizon or AT&T will offer these features for the Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'm leaving Verizon and the stupid Storm (biggest mistake ever).
    Verizon is OVERPRICED!!! along with At&t. Why throw extra money at Verizon? I'd rather put the extra money that I'm saving with Sprint into my savings.
    Last edited by modern; 05/30/2009 at 11:31 PM.
    I am actually going to wait for an unlocked GSM Pre. Not sure how long that will be.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

AT&T - Slow, expensive, 3G network is completely congested with iPhone traffic
    Verizon - Wanna-be exclusive, gimps all their phones, takes forever to release phones because they need to hack their crummy GUI on it, expensive
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Sprint because they are amazing.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    VZW for the customer service.
    Sprint because it's cheaper (than my VZW plan) -- AND THEY HAVE THE PRE FIRST..

I might pay early termination and go back to VZW ... when they get the Pre..
    Sprint.

I was a Verizon customer, going back from their "PrimeCo PCS" days. They were never competitively priced, but coverage was great and (in my experience) their customer service excellent (they once owned up pretty quickly to an error by not adding a data plan when I first go my Treo 650. I didn't even had to ask for the credit, of over $350).
    They even surprised me when, due to the credit's amount, a supervisor called me two days later (as promised) to confirm the credit.

When I left them, while under contract (just renewed for a Treo 800w a few months earlier) I was able to claim "adverse effect" due to their raising of text message rates.
    Even though the rep tried his best to convince me to stay (3 free months, free text message plan for 12 months), in the end he reneged and left me off the contract.
    Again, a supervisor called to confirm the credit.

Sprint's SERO plan were amazing (I eventually changed my wife over too) and, again in my experience, their customer service has been pretty good. I only dealt with them via chat and in-store, but they've been professional and quick to respond (I had chat sessions -Dell, I'm looking at you- where the rep would take over 15 minutes to answer back. Couldn't really blame them though, they often would say they were handling a number of other customers at the same time.

I can say from personal experience that AT&T's structure for customer service was a mess. Having worked there in previous lives, I can say that their (now defunct) long distance service, had no less than four different billing systems (spanning multiple markets) and at least half dozen different guidelines for adjustments. To say nothing of their p*$$-poor customer service training, coaching and development.
    When the wireless division was created, from the beginning they mirrored their culture to old Mabel's. It was clear to me who my wireless carrier was NOT going to be.

It's no coincidence that at home, we never used AT&T for anything as long as we could help it. Heck, I remember actually picking Sprint for long distance just to avoid them.
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 05/31/2009 at 12:06 AM.
    I'm going to pick Sprint, but only because my AT&T PDA is dying now and I can't really wait 6 months. If I could, I'd absolutely pick AT&T.

We have a family plan with 850 minutes for $69 on AT&T, and with rollover, it's a great deal. My wife has an iphone, so I really want to stay on the AT&T family plan. Even with iphone pricing, it would cost me $10+30 to add the Pre to my family plan, much cheaper than with Sprint.

I suspect after the Pre is on AT&T for awhile I will eventually get back to AT&T.

I like a GSM phone because of Intl travel, and AT&T in my area has great coverage. I don't need telenav since my car has a GPD, and Sprint TV is un interesting to me.

I can't move my family plan over to Sprint because of the iPhone and superior AT&T coverage in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    ...We have a family plan with 850 minutes for $69 on AT&T, and with rollover, it's a great deal. My wife has an iphone, so I really want to stay on the AT&T family plan. Even with iphone pricing, it would cost me $10+30 to add the Pre to my family plan, much cheaper than with Sprint....

Ahhh What? $69 a month? How many lines? How many have data? How many have SMS/MMS?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Another thing you may want to consider is that Sprint does not allow tethering and doesn't have visual voicemail. Maybe Verizon or AT&T will offer these features for the Palm Pre.
    You don't know any of that. It may be that way now but the phone has not even been released and who the hell would want to teather on AT&T or Verizons slow 3G?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  15. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Ahhh What? $69 a month? How many lines? How many have data? How many have SMS/MMS?
    It might not be a current plan, as I don't think at&t offers the 850 minute plan. It's probably still listed in Telegence, but they probably can't give it to a new customer.

Here's a list of current plan pricing for me. This is with a 15% discount... I think 15%.. sorry, it's late, not sure :P (sorry to hijack a thread, just helping you out)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by enjoyingsilence; 05/31/2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: added AT&T OLAM screenshots
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You don't know any of that. It may be that way now but the phone has not even been released and who the hell would want to teather on AT&T or Verizons slow 3G?
    That's why I said that they may offer these features. There are AT&T iPhone users out there that have been using tethered connection (through jailbreaking).
    Hahahaa right, Verizon of all companies would allow tethering. Really the same goes for AT&T as well (and jailbreaking doesn't count, because they don't really allow that). Unfortunately, the company that in the past has given you the best chance of having tethering on devices was Sprint, because they don't tend to lock the devices down as much as other carriers. If it's not being allowed on Sprint, the chances are even more slim that you'd be allowed to on AT&T or Verizon.
    guarantee that verizon won't allow tethering... well unless you are willing $50 more for it... verizon really has a history of crippling their phones... just look at all their other smartphones.
  19. enjoyingsilence
    That's why I said that they may offer these features. There are AT&T iPhone users out there that have been using tethered connection (through jailbreaking).
    And not to set a double standard, but on average, a lot of the users who jailbreak + tether, abuse that privilege. And are contributing to the reason why at&t's 3g network is, well, poo.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hahahaa right, Verizon of all companies would allow tethering. Really the same goes for AT&T as well (and jailbreaking doesn't count, because they don't really allow that). Unfortunately, the company that in the past has given you the best chance of having tethering on devices was Sprint, because they don't tend to lock the devices down as much as other carriers. If it's not being allowed on Sprint, the chances are even more slim that you'd be allowed to on AT&T or Verizon.
    Didn't know that. Thanks! Forget about tethering then, what about visual voicemail? I'm sure AT&T would offer that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast