Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Is the Pre going to have Google Maps and TeleNav? I have Google maps on my Centro, and I like it because I'm used to it, but think it'd be cool to have TeleNav for the real-time GPS.

Justin
    No, it's not going to have TeleNav, it's going to have Sprint Navigation.

(Aka, it'll have the Sprint-branded version of Telenav. )
    Still not even close to Mobile XT but it will do for now...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgassaway View Post
    Is the Pre going to have Google Maps and TeleNav? I have Google maps on my Centro, and I like it because I'm used to it, but think it'd be cool to have TeleNav for the real-time GPS.

Justin
    Google maps is real time GPS. What you mean is audible turn by turn,which telnav aka sprint navigation has. The Pre has telnav (and google maps) and telnav's cost is included in most plans likely to be required for the Pre.
    recent sprint phones (like window mobile) have both google maps and telenav (sprint navigation)
    It will have Google Maps and Sprint's Telenav out of the box. If the platform is successful I'd guess TomTom, Garmin, and the others will get ported over like they were on Win Mobile and others.

Can't imagine that's easy so it will probably depend on the success of WebOS before any other turn-by-turn app comes out.