1.    #1  
    Please, this is not an announcement, just a possibility. Mods, feel free to merge it with the rumors if you want.

My daughter (who use to be an asst. mgr. at a Sprint store, and still has "contacts") just texted me and said that the Pre will be on demo in the store in 2 days.

The main contact she had has told me (through her) when he got the phone, and some other information, but stated that if he allowed me to use it, I'd have to be the last customer in the store, have the door locked, and would have to promise not to talk about it. I figured, what's the fun of that?

I say that, because I'm reasonably sure that's where this information is coming from, and I'm just as sure that she wouldn't have phrased it that way had it not been something that all of the Sprint stores are doing.

She knows I'm going to be in DC on Monday, and no way would she do that to me.

So, there you have, information that's surely worth what you paid for it.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Hope it's true, but I hit 3 Sprint stores in my area today looking for info (and maybe an Advocate peek!) and none of them said anything about it.

Fingers crossed!
    I went to my sprint store on thurs and I knew more than they did about the phone and launch lol
    Seriously, I went in today and asked about a waiting list, and the guy who helped me said "It's coming out sometime in Mid June." I was like, yeah, next Saturday.. He said "Oh, well, I don't know about that, I think it's in mid June." :\.

Then my friend asked if it would have about as many apps as the iPhone in the future and he said, "Of course, it runs Windows Mobile 6.1, so there's already as many apps available." I left. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by linkofhyrule007 View Post
    Seriously, I went in today and asked about a waiting list, and the guy who helped me said "It's coming out sometime in Mid June." I was like, yeah, next Saturday.. He said "Oh, well, I don't know about that, I think it's in mid June." :\.

Then my friend asked if it would have about as many apps as the iPhone in the future and he said, "Of course, it runs Windows Mobile 6.1, so there's already as many apps available." I left. Lol.
    hahahahahah thats great
    Quote Originally Posted by linkofhyrule007 View Post

I swear I have not seen such a botched release in years. I went to a corp store today. At least they were honest about not having much info (they are reading same boards here).

Then you have the clueless among them like above. That's when your blood boils. There should have been more mandatory training of all personnel alot earlier. Instead we have plenty of drones who don't sh1t from shineola on launch day. ARGH!!!!