1.    #1  
    I wonder if it's the Mycroft plugins is behind the Universal Search, that's what a lot of browsers uses.

Mycroft Project: Search Engine Plugins - Firefox & IE7

It would be nice if we can customize what engines we want to make available in Search.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I recall somebody along the way with access to the SDK saying that additional sources could be added to Synergy data sync as well Universal Search...

EDIT: I've tried locating the source of my rumination, but for the life of me I can't find it. PAAAAAAAAAAAALM!
    Last edited by Derek Kessler; 05/30/2009 at 06:09 PM.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    ^ Now that would be simply awesome.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Custom Search for the Palm Pre: Our Predictions - My Pre

There's a recent discussion on how Twitter in the USearch is lame that held the above link, but I'm too tired to link...
    It seems like a lot of this type of stuff would be simply adding to a list in a html or css file.
  6.    #6  
    Which is essentially what Mycroft is. It's a file that contains the search string and link to the engines.

It would be awesome to add something like Merriam-Webster, then I can simply forget about using Wordnet.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here