Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    You can still crack a plastic screen and the device will still be rendered worthless.

Having said that, and while I'm still getting the Pre on Saturday, I do hope they offer a higher end model with a glass screen and OLED tech in the near future, for viewing angle and power consumption enhancements.
    I anxiously await the model with the personal teleporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I agree. I like my phones to be the size of a car battery.
    Preferably without sacrificing any of the weight! Can't beat that solid feel that says quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    A bunch of people now have complained about the zooming. A little worried about that.
    Care to quote a couple. The comments that I have seen have been complimentary.
    I anxiously await the model with the personal teleporter.
    Call me elitist but I would want my teleporter made out of anything but plastic.
    I agree. I like my phones to be the size of a car battery.
    I still think the HTC Apache was the epitome of nerd-phone. I loved the way it looked, and (call me crazy) I thought the radio mast/hump was an awesome feature.

It's a phone, show that off! My antenna is bigger than yours!
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    I think a phone can be "too light", at least for me personally. I want a phone to have a "Goldie Locks" heft to it... not too heavy, not too light, but just right.

JMO
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Care to quote a couple. The comments that I have seen have been complimentary.
    Darth Pooh, d94, jerfrank. All of them have had hands on time with the Pre, and all have the same complaint. Its seems the tap to zoom (on a specific part of a website) does not work the way the iPhone does and its not as good.
    The reviewhe gave was short and okay...every single phone you lay your hands on with the exception of the iphone is plastic. I have had blackberries - all big and plastic. But they do the job. I can't wait to have time with one, I will write a review. people have been complaining about the agreement between sprint and palm. this won't be the last pre, there will be new os's, newer more progressive models. I can't wait! 5 MORE DAYS!
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoman View Post
    Preferably without sacrificing any of the weight! Can't beat that solid feel that says quality.
    You know how televisions are getting thinner and lighter? (made of plastic) the same could be said about the the Pre. Although much juicier than most models, its lighter because of the chips and technology embedded within.

I don't have the money for a 800 phone made of all metal with a glass front that weights a ton in my purse or in my pocket. Five more days....
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    I need a phone that will beam me to other locations instead of driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    I need a phone that will beam me to other locations instead of driving.
    yeah - i'd want to get beamed out of cleveland too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Ha ha ha...beam me to where you're at
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I personally dont like the feel of the iphone screen. I have friends that have iphones and I have an Ipod touch. I always like using the plastic cover I have over the glass better. For me, it just feels nicer. The glass has a weird texture thats not bad, and really would not be a problem. I just liked the smooth plastic feel better. so as is everything else is this world...its just a matter of who you are and what you like better
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Cool pic scottie
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    Cool pic scottie
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12