Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I made a circuit of my local Sprint stores (4 in my little town, for some strange reason), and kept hearing "Sorry, but we can't tell you anything about the Pre until it's released." Finally, at the last store, the "Pre Advocate" was there and when I asked him if he knew anything about it, he was like "What do you want to know?" and proceeded to tell me everything he could about it. He even took me aside & showed me the cool features he was talking about.

I asked him if I could hold it and play with it for a second, thinking he would say no and he was like "Sure!" To say I was happy would be an understatement. First off, the Browser is Smokin' Fast! I was shocked. And the keyboard isn't that hard to use, and I have big fingers! (I wear a size 14 ring). No problems. It reminded me of the BB Curve keyboard.

Also, it felt REALLY nice in my hands! Honestly, it didn't feel that much different than the iPhone. It didn't feel "plasticky" at all. It had a really nice feel to it, and was very well balanced when the keyboard was pulled out (which, by the way, was also very smooth!)

I asked him about the App Catalog, and he said that it wasn't activated yet. He was told that it wasn't going to be activated until a week before they were going on sale. I pointed out that would be today, and he checked. Yup, it was up. He was happy. There were only a few apps on there. Just the ones that we'd already seen. We were looking at it when we moved on to the TeleNav. Yeah, it's sweet. Locked on us VERY quickly.

He let me call Time, and the call quality was also really great! Very clear and loud. I didn't get to talk to anyone on it, so I'll just have to assume that the clarity goes both ways.

He also said that they were going to have "enough phones so [they] don't run out" next Sat.

Overall, it seems to be a great, solid phone! I'm excited about getting one of my own!
    Thanks for the impressions.
    what general geographic area are you in?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    what general geographic area are you in?
    Northern VA.
    Nice one! I plan tomorrow to also drive around and visit some Sprint stores (nothing too far, there quite a few in a 10mi radius) and see what they say.
    I was actually going to do this either Monday or Tuesday after, but I guess tomorrow is as good a time as any.
    NOVA huh....I'm in DC.... wanna PM me the store so I could go and try to play?
    A size 14 ring and the keyboard is fine for you?

Yeah, I'm not listening to ANYONE who ever says the keys are too small again. Maybe Shaq or Andre the Giant might have problems, but if your size 14 hands are fine, then I'll have no troubles, and 98% of the free world shouldn't have any problems with it either.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post

Yeah, I'm not listening to ANYONE who ever says the keys are too small again. Maybe Shaq or Andre the Giant might have problems, but if your size 14 hands are fine, then I'll have no troubles, and 98% of the free world shouldn't have any problems with it either.
    Well, it definitely felt small. But nothing I couldn't deal with. I thought I would have a problem with the "lip" around the keyboard, but I didn't even realize it was there.
    Gotta love all the crap flying around the net (not directed at the OP)

But seriously, we have heard so many different versions it is ridiculous. Some people say its like the Curve, some like the Centro, some say the pro etc.. Most anyone with a sane mind would never say the Centro keyboard in any way resembles the Curve.

So who is telling the truth and who is full of ****?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Gotta love all the crap flying around the net (not directed at the OP)

But seriously, we have heard so many different versions it is ridiculous. Some people say its like the Curve, some like the Centro, some say the pro etc.. Most anyone with a sane mind would never say the Centro keyboard in any way resembles the Curve.

So who is telling the truth and who is full of ****?
    I don't have a lot of experience with "smart"phones and their keyboards. The only two I've ever used were a friend's Curve and another friend's iPhone, both of which I actually liked (for different reasons).

So, when I said it reminded me of the Curve, that was the only phone with which I'd had experience that had a keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post

And probably 100% of the non-free Aisan baby enslaving world should have no problems either...
    I'm visiting NY and I walked by a Sprint store before they opened and they were training employees with the Pre. He was holding up a Pre showing everyone different features. I waited for the store to open and right before they opened they picked up everything and wouldn't even let me see it. They told me "Thank you for understanding, but they aren't allowed yet" They couldn't tell me anything except wait till the 6th, and the 5th was just invitation only to 10 stores. He also said Premier members will get an email allowing us to come to the store a little earlier on the 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by vamike78 View Post
    I don't have a lot of experience with "smart"phones and their keyboards. The only two I've ever used were a friend's Curve and another friend's iPhone, both of which I actually liked (for different reasons).

So, when I said it reminded me of the Curve, that was the only phone with which I'd had experience that had a keyboard.

Again, that post wasn't directed at you in the slightest just more of a general thought on my part. I do appreciate your thoughts and sharing them with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    He also said Premier members will get an email allowing us to come to the store a little earlier on the 6th.
    this is good news if true. hopefully we get our emails soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by vamike78 View Post

I frankly get tired of.."it feels like this and it feels like that"..or....too small and and too big". Remember we all are different....in weight, size, height..etc. So it's expected that we all have a slightly different experience from the same item...no matter what it is. So respect the individual experience and be happy that we all are here share it....individually.

IGO!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    man, you're only across the border... in MD (gaithersburg area) it's like talking to walls with info
    which sprint store? I'm in VA too
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I actually laughed when I read the BGR review on how he mashed four keys at a time. The only way you can do that on the grid layout is to hit the space between four keys. No matter how big the thumb, you're always going to have a fingertip (uh, thumbtip), unless you have flat-ended Lego bricks for thumbs. Or perhaps BoyGenius types with the FLAT of his thumb, who knows?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'm in NoVa as well. I went to the Herndon store and they acted like they didn't know anything. Finally the rep I was talking to said he was tired of all the hush hush that was going on and how they weren't allowed to say anything. He also kinda quickly mentioned how all the shortage talk might be just to hype it up. Kinda made me feel like it shouldn't be a problem trying to get one on launch date. which store did you go to? I plan on going to the Tysons Ccorner store on leesburg pike tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    A me too post

I went to the Sprint Store (it's a sales only store - no service) in .. well, a town in the midwest. They all want the pre, and we sat there and gossiped about it. he said it sounded like I might know more than he did - they acted like they knew very little. I asked him if he thought they'd have enough and he said he had no clue. Asked if they had an advocate / advocate phone, he said "nope."

:/ I guess I'll call the manager the day before, if he wont say anything then maybe I'll find another store to camp...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast