View Poll Results: Porting to Sprint for the Pre? Who will you be porting from?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Verizon

21 37.50%
  • T Mobile

9 16.07%
  • AT&T

24 42.86%
  • Alltel

0 0%
  • US Cellular

0 0%
  • Cricket

0 0%
  • metroPCS

0 0%
  • Other

2 3.57%
  1.    #1  
    I left Verizon... will be returning a Diamond for the Pre. (day 28 of my 30 return window)
    New account for Sprint. I'm keeping my AT&T line open since its a family plan and pretty much unbeatable price / service wise.
    New account for Sprint. I'm dropping my AT&T line since speed and reliability on the network was horrible. That and I was paying too much for less.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Coming from my Helio Ocean to its true successor. A bit sad to see it go but its served its 2 years flawlessly. Im on to touch screens, cards, and actual apps. This will be my first real "smart" phone!
    I'll leave my next ex girlfriend before I meet her.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I will be leaving AT&T, had an original iPhone I loved it but were I'm at AT&Ts data plan sucks mud. Friend of mine has a TouchPro on Sprint and I was very impressed with the broadband service. I can't wait!
    Makes sense that the poll numbers show the most defections coming form Verizon and AT&T. Those two have the highest rates for data plans. Most folks on Cricket and MetroPCS are probably there for the cheap plans so I doubt they'll be looking to spend more.

I'm bugging out of AT&T (currently out of contract) and ditching my BlackBerry Bold, which I love dearly.
    What I might do is open a completely new account for the Pre and audition it for the trial period. If it's good they I'll cancel the new line I just opened and port my existing number over to the Pre. If I don't love it, I can return/cancel with Sprint and just stay with AT&T/BlackBerry. I only end up paying for 1 month on both carriers. I can live with that.
    Last edited by rambo47; 05/30/2009 at 08:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    @OP

I just realized you used my photoshop as your avatar. nice!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    New account for Sprint. I'm dropping my AT&T line since speed and reliability on the network was horrible. That and I was paying too much for less.
    Ditto!
  10. enjoyingsilence
    I terminated my Verizon account, but will be keeping my at&t account, and acquiring a new number with Sprint. My parents are also on my at&t account, and I don't have a "beef" with AT&T. Their 3G services leave a lot to be desired here in Jacksonville, FL, but where I live in particular, there isn't 3G service anyway.. It is what it is It also gives me a service to use to make / receive a call in the event Sprint is acting goofy
    At&T
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    @OP

I just realized you used my photoshop as your avatar. nice!
    I sent you a message earlier... asking permission. Never heard from you. Hope you dont mind, which it appears you dont. If you want to use it as your avatar, let me know and I will find something else.

Thanks!