Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a iPhone 3G and even though im pretty sure apple announce a new iPhone at there conference, the Pre is to good to pass up... and AT&T network sucks lol. Ill just use my iPhone as a ipod touch haha

but anyone else having a iPhone and is switching?
    If I had an iphone I would.
    Unfortunately, partially thanks to the release near the iPhone announcement, I'm going to wait and see what Apple does first. There's some speculation that they could announce at a later date with Jobs but it still shouldn't be too much longer since it's coming up on their yearly release time frame.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Im switching from the iPhone. Had the very first iPhone, and it was great. Windows mobile sucks so much, the iPhone was a breath of fresh air. Got the 3g iPhone, which is basically identical. I like the WebOS OS better than the iPhone OS. Atleast from what ive seen since i havent actually used it. Cant beat a real keyboard. And, its different. Everyone and there mama has a iPhone. Not that I care that much about it, as I wouldnt dump it for an inferior product just to the the latest gadget.

Im just bored with the iPhone. The 3.0 software isnt anything great, and most of it is things that the phone should have came with anyway, like MMS and copy and paste. Knowing apple, the new iPhone isnt gonna have a "make your jaw drop" upgrades. Just minimal stuff to make you buy another one, like they do with the computers.

Lastly, I loved sprint, but there phone selection sucked (smartphones. they have decent mid range phone selection). Im excited to be going back. Network is great, evdo speeds are much better than ATT's 3g, and im tired of spending $95 a month for my iPhone bill.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelatheart View Post
    im tired of spending $95 a month for my iPhone bill.
    I have the Sprint everything plan and pay $120/month. That's $99 + taxes.
  6.    #6  
    Im switching from the iPhone. Had the very first iPhone, and it was great. Windows mobile sucks so much, the iPhone was a breath of fresh air. Got the 3g iPhone, which is basically identical. I like the WebOS OS better than the iPhone OS. Atleast from what ive seen since i havent actually used it. Cant beat a real keyboard. And, its different. Everyone and there mama has a iPhone. Not that I care that much about it, as I wouldnt dump it for an inferior product just to the the latest gadget.

Im just bored with the iPhone. The 3.0 software isnt anything great, and most of it is things that the phone should have came with anyway, like MMS and copy and paste. Knowing apple, the new iPhone isnt gonna have a "make your jaw drop" upgrades. Just minimal stuff to make you buy another one, like they do with the computers.

Lastly, I loved sprint, but there phone selection sucked (smartphones. they have decent mid range phone selection). Im excited to be going back. Network is great, evdo speeds are much better than ATT's 3g, and im tired of spending $95 a month for my iPhone bill.

You are def right EVERYONE having a iphone lol... 14 year old kids at my sisters school have iphones, so it will be kinda nice to have something that not everyone has.
  7.    #7  
    oh and I am not in anyway saying the iPhone suck... Its great, and changed the market. But I am just ready for something new
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I have the Sprint everything plan and pay $120/month. That's $99 + taxes.
    Ok, I guess I should have said that Im tired of paying $95 a month with a discount, for only 900 minutes, and 200 text messages a month, along with 9pm N&W.
    I've been using the Iphone for close to two years, the longest I've ever had the same phone form factor. A tribute to how well they did their first design is it took almost two years for another company to really step up and challenge them.

I'll be retiring my Iphone for the Pre on the 6th though.
    curious about the new iphone but still switching to sprint and the pre b/c of poor at&t 3g service at home
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Ok, I guess I should have said that Im tired of paying $95 a month with a discount, for only 900 minutes, and 200 text messages a month, along with 9pm N&W.
    Wow, that does suck. I didn't realize that I have such a good deal.

Just checked: It's actually $122/month, but that includes the $7/mo. "total equipment protection plan."
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    I have a iPhone 3G and even though im pretty sure apple announce a new iPhone at there conference, the Pre is to good to pass up... and AT&T network sucks lol. Ill just use my iPhone as a ipod touch haha

but anyone else having a iPhone and is switching?
    I am not confident that you will find the Sprint network to be any better. There is a reason that they are losing customers left and right, and it's not just b/c of the iphone.

Many people stay with Sprint for one reason only: price. I know of 0 consultants, business reps, mission-critical people whose large companies issue them Sprint phones. I see more Verizon and AT&T than anything else.
    I'm not switching from an iPhone, I'm replacing my Treo 755p with the Pre and keeping my iPhone 3G. My iPhone 3G is running iPhone 3.0 OS, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the Pre compares. I am very happy with Sprint's network compared to AT&T.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    Many people stay with Sprint for one reason only: price.
    Believe it or not, I've stayed with them because I have only ever had fantastic customer service experiences with them -- for more than 10 years. I would be using an iPhone now if I weren't so happy with Sprint customer service and so upset with how AT&T treated me when I had DSL with them. (I had 50% downtime AT&T could never fix, and despite accepting responsibility for the problem they billed me $200 early termination fee anyway.)

Everyone I know who has an iPhone complains about the network. Sprint doesn't seem that bad, but I find myself wishing I were on Verizon. Here in Austin, the only place I have trouble with Sprint reception is at my house. Grr.
    I am not confident that you will find the Sprint network to be any better. There is a reason that they are losing customers left and right, and it's not just b/c of the iphone.

Many people stay with Sprint for one reason only: price. I know of 0 consultants, business reps, mission-critical people whose large companies issue them Sprint phones. I see more Verizon and AT&T than anything else.
    network quality will depend on your location. Where I live AT&T is <<OK>> and sprint is a little bit better. but down the road 20 miles AT&T is better. My friends in Chicago say that sprint is MUCH better. Same with my friends in NYC. But I hear in Southern Cali that AT&T is much better. And lots of places in between AT&T coverage is better. So............yeah......
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Believe it or not, I've stayed with them because I have only ever had fantastic customer service experiences with them -- for more than 10 years. I would be using an iPhone now if I weren't so happy with Sprint customer service and so upset with how AT&T treated me when I had DSL with them. (I had 50% downtime AT&T could never fix, and despite accepting responsibility for the problem they billed me $200 early termination fee anyway.)

Everyone I know who has an iPhone complains about the network. Sprint doesn't seem that bad, but I find myself wishing I were on Verizon. Here in Austin, the only place I have trouble with Sprint reception is at my house. Grr.
    Either buy or get Retentions to give you an Airave femtocell. Try and get Retentions to waive the $5/mo fee as well if you can!

Actually, the Sprint network has been one of the most reliable for me. I just ditched my iPhone 3G on AT&T yesterday in preparation for the Pre and picked up a Treo Pro to hold me over. I have to say, at least in the SF Bay Area, AT&T sucks. Period. 3G coverage was there but the speeds were horrible and I got dropped on major freeways such as 680 and in Downtown Concord and Walnut Creek. Sprint is a breath of fresh air in terms of its network with no dropped calls and fast speeds on the EV-DO network.

Customer service so far has been top-notch, dealing with my number port in a timely fashion and giving me people that ACTUALLY SPEAK ENGLISH.

Price is also awesome. With my 27% employer discount, my bill for 2 lines on the Everything Data 1500 Family is 94 bucks a month. I was paying AT&T(with 2 iPhones and one normal line) about 140 with an 18% discount for 700 minutes, N&W starting at 9 and etc. That's a DIFFERENCE OF 46 bucks! 552 dollars a year saved! With better coverage, a nicer Phone(the Palm Pre) and english-speaking customer reps? I'm sold.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Either buy or get Retentions to give you an Airave femtocell. Try and get Retentions to waive the $5/mo fee as well if you can!
    OMG!!! You may have just eliminated my only concern with getting the Pre, as well as a big impediment to life in this house! I've been dreaming of this solution, but thought it only a pipe dream! Thank you!

My cell phone coverage drops to nothin' for about two days per year, and another 7 to 14 days coverage is so spotty that it's hard to talk at all. For this reason, I bought a $40/month landline that I keep unplugged except when my cell phone is unusable. You have saved me at least $35/month. Thank you!

I sure hope this is real. I'm going to check it out.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I'm switching, and I'm ecstatic about switching. For me, the iPhone has stalled, and a software revision right now is too little, too late. Besides, my iPhone crashes 3-4 times a day, be it Safari, games, or just generally stalling/being glitchy. I'm over it- I want to be with a company that needs me as a consumer, and with almost 30 billion in cash reserves, Apple doesn't need me. Palm does. Which suggests they're more apt to listen to feedback, criticism, etc., and implement changes to match the needs of the consumers.

Let's compare for a second: Apple users have been asking for MMS for 2 years now, and they're finally implementing it in the 3.0 software. But... (and it's a big one) 1st gen users won't benefit from it, although they've been waiting the longest. The Pre's software shortcomings seem like they're going to be addressed in a short amount of time; in fact, they've already addressed many of the iPhone's shortcomings in their hardware and software already (user-replaceable battery, MMS, etc.).

Like a scene from Star Wars, I move for a vote of "no confidence" in Apple- at least in regards to the iPhone; I love their computers and their software.
    It s real, and it works really well! You'll need a high speed internet connection as runs over the internet, but the reception is outstanding. I have it in my office at the front of the house, and I had noticed a group of kids started hanging out in the street using the signal so get the security set up on it ASAP. It will handle up to 3 lines (I believe) at once, but can slow your internet from time to time. One of the best investments I ever made!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast