Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    And as I just learned, if you have poor Sprint reception at home -- or none at all -- you can get an Airave mini cell tower to hang off of broadband.
    Sprint reception is fine @ home, I have both
    att and sprint....I've been eligible for an upgrade thru sprint since 07 but the strange thing is when I go to sprint's web site to verify my upgrade status it says I'm eligible but only thru Jun. 6 .....so I'll have to see what happens when I try and upgrade to the pre after the sixth of June???
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    I really want to switch to the Pre, but I will not be able to since the Pre's "universal" search will not lookup calendar items.
    wait...does the iphone do that?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    wait...does the iphone do that?
    this was answered, in the 3.0 update it will do that
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've had both iPhones and will likely be in line for this year's model, if the rumors are true and they add some video recording capability to it. Otherwise, I'll keep rolling on with my iPhone 3G and the hot new stuff in OS 3.0.

But, I still want a Pre! So, I'll probably buy one next week and see if the first 30 days convinces me to roll with two cell phones... LOL
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by JRBTempe View Post
    I've had both iPhones and will likely be in line for this year's model, if the rumors are true and they add some video recording capability to it. Otherwise, I'll keep rolling on with my iPhone 3G and the hot new stuff in OS 3.0.

But, I still want a Pre! So, I'll probably buy one next week and see if the first 30 days convinces me to roll with two cell phones... LOL
    same with me, gonna try it for 30 days.. if I dont like it im going back to iphone
    I'm keeping my iPhone 3G and I'm 99% sure that I'll be buying whichever new model Apple comes out with as well. The pre for me will be a new line of service and I'll have the Pre, iPhone, and my Blackberry bold cause I'm cool like that!
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggi View Post
    I'm keeping my iPhone 3G and I'm 99% sure that I'll be buying whichever new model Apple comes out with as well. The pre for me will be a new line of service and I'll have the Pre, iPhone, and my Blackberry bold cause I'm cool like that!
    I wish I could afford that
    I use my iphone 3G as an ipod touch/internet wifi basically. I have an IC902 right now with the simply everything plan and I love it, I dont have too worry. I connect my laptop with it and its great, and yes surprizingly the at&t speeds arent that great honestly and there text messing plans are junk. there a total rip off
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    . . .Price is also awesome. With my 27% employer discount, my bill for 2 lines on the Everything Data 1500 Family is 94 bucks a month. I was paying AT&T(with 2 iPhones and one normal line) about 140 with an 18% discount for 700 minutes, N&W starting at 9 and etc. That's a DIFFERENCE OF . . .
    I alwsys wonder why so few people recognize the value of Sprint's N&W starting at 7 pm.

Look closely at the people out and about in the early evening in any major urban area of the country. Almost everyone in a car is chatting away on a phone. If you're on verizon or at&t, that airtime is coming off your primetime allotment. Unless you pay for an add-on for 'early evening'. Not so if you're on Sprint, a big savings if you do most of your social gabbing in the evenings.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Believe it or not, I've stayed with them because I have only ever had fantastic customer service experiences with them -- for more than 10 years. I would be using an iPhone now if I weren't so happy with Sprint customer service and so upset with how AT&T treated me when I had DSL with them. (I had 50% downtime AT&T could never fix, and despite accepting responsibility for the problem they billed me $200 early termination fee anyway.)

Everyone I know who has an iPhone complains about the network. Sprint doesn't seem that bad, but I find myself wishing I were on Verizon. Here in Austin, the only place I have trouble with Sprint reception is at my house. Grr.
    You try getting an airave?
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    I am not confident that you will find the Sprint network to be any better. There is a reason that they are losing customers left and right, and it's not just b/c of the iphone.

Many people stay with Sprint for one reason only: price. I know of 0 consultants, business reps, mission-critical people whose large companies issue them Sprint phones. I see more Verizon and AT&T than anything else.
    This is such, excuse my language, bs. How can you be "confident"? Have you had Sprint in the past year or two?? They are losing customers because they had crappy CS. Their network is great - and since they roam off of VZW, they practically have the same coverage.

You might see more Verizon and ATT because they have a combined 160M customers and Sprint has about 48M. Duh, math makes sense. Sprint dropped the ball from a business standpoint, but ATT's network is not any better. They are just "ATT" which helps a lot.

All carriers suck and all carriers are excellent. Just depends where you are and what you are willing to put up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    I alwsys wonder why so few people recognize the value of Sprint's N&W starting at 7 pm.

Look closely at the people out and about in the early evening in any major urban area of the country. Almost everyone in a car is chatting away on a phone. If you're on verizon or at&t, that airtime is coming off your primetime allotment. Unless you pay for an add-on for 'early evening'. Not so if you're on Sprint, a big savings if you do most of your social gabbing in the evenings.
    Oh i didn't forget about that! My favorite part of Sprint actually! I just forgot to mention it xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    I'd take ignorance over patronizing condescension any day.
    Ignorance is bliss they say I surely won't take that away from you.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Oh i didn't forget about that! My favorite part of Sprint actually! I just forgot to mention it xD
    I wasn't implying you did, but the rest of the masses, yes. Many on here who debate the costs of the different plans rarely mention it.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggi View Post
    Hey Ziggi, did you buy a Bold off-contract and just use it with your iPhone account, or is it a second line of service (maybe family plan?). I considered doing the same a few months ago but never pulled the trigger...
    I'm getting a Pre, but will most likely keep the iPhone for awhile or pick-up an iPod Touch so I can still use all my apps that I'm guessing the Pre won't have at launch, I also need more than 8 GB unless they're gonna have a streaming app available like Simplify Media. I am really looking forward to the potential I think webOS has though.
    Yes
    I am still going to wait until I see what apple announces next week, but unfortunately my thoughts are being skewed back to the iPhone from the Pre.

All these early reviews about the plastic feel and flimsy keyboard have gotten me really concerned. I've had an iPhone since day one and it's always been rock solid.

I'm absolutely going to reserve judgement until I actually use it for myself, but I'm not as psyched for the Pre as I was a few weeks (months) ago...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123