Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'll be switching. I waited on line for the first gen and then updated to the second gen. It's become incredibly buggy. From day to day my usage stays the same but the battery life is all over the place. I'll try the Pre for a month and if I like it i'll port my number over. If not I'll probably look into something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpooted View Post
    curious about the new iphone but still switching to sprint and the pre b/c of poor at&t 3g service at home
    Same here 1 or 2 bars to no service most of the time on my Iphone unless I switch it to EDGE then i get full bars at home.. I live in the L.A. Calif. area right off the 710 fwy @ florence.
    Last edited by pablo7; 05/30/2009 at 08:01 PM.
    There's an app for that...but it's on the Pre. I'll be switching. But getting an ipod touch for the little one. She loves her games.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo7 View Post
    Same here 1 or 2 bars to no service most of the time on my Iphone unless I switch it to EDGE then i get full bars at home.. I live in the L.A. Calif. area right of the 710 fwy @ florence.
    And as I just learned, if you have poor Sprint reception at home -- or none at all -- you can get an Airave mini cell tower to hang off of broadband.
    Downside to Airave is that you still have to pay for a broadband connection. It's odd there is a monthly charge for Airave as well when you are helping them with their coverage. But it's at least an option.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 05/30/2009 at 05:55 PM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    We'll have to see how WebOS development compares to iPhone but the potential is much greater for WebOS because the apps won't be under tight control as with iPhone. Apple chooses what _they_ 'allow' you to run on an iPhone. Imagine if they did that with Mac. They have become the very fascist authoritarians they chastised in those 1984 commercials.

Looks like WebOS will be much more open. Palm may choose what apps go into their own store but you'll be able to put any one on your phone via 3rd party methods w/out having to hack it.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Downside to Airave is that you still have to pay for a broadband connection. There shouldn't be a monthly charge for Airave as well when you are helping them with their coverage. But it's at least an option.
    I wonder if I have a good argument to get the fee waived: Sprint's maps say that I live in a Good reception zone, but I'm not getting good reception -- service they claim to provide is not provided.
    I sold my 1st gen iphone on ebay for 199, and Im switching to the pre for free. I was using it on TMobile for the past year and they are cheap but have terrible coverage. After watching the Pre its seems like the next evolution of the iphone.

It actually makes the iPhone look like a dinosaur to me, the pre is far more intuitive especially with the gestures and having true multitasking.

Hell it took apple 2 years to do MMS and cut and paste.
    I really want to switch to the Pre, but I will not be able to since the Pre's "universal" search will not lookup calendar items.
    ^Until there 'is an app for that'.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    I really want to switch to the Pre, but I will not be able to since the Pre's "universal" search will not lookup calendar items.
    Will iPhone 3.0 do that? I know the current O/S doesn't search anything except contacts...
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I wonder if I have a good argument to get the fee waived: Sprint's maps say that I live in a Good reception zone, but I'm not getting good reception -- service they claim to provide is not provided.
    From what I've heard, it shouldn't be too difficult to convince them. In any event, what's the downside - they say no? doesn't hurt to ask!
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Will iPhone 3.0 do that? I know the current O/S doesn't search anything except contacts...
    Yes. 3.0 searches calendar, applications, memos, contacts, email metadata, and the everything on the iPod section of the phone from one interface.
    I'll have both to compare for 30 days. I'll keep one and either sell or return the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    I am not confident that you will find the Sprint network to be any better. There is a reason that they are losing customers left and right, and it's not just b/c of the iphone.

Many people stay with Sprint for one reason only: price. I know of 0 consultants, business reps, mission-critical people whose large companies issue them Sprint phones. I see more Verizon and AT&T than anything else.
    Odd. At my biz all we have are Sprint data cards and a smattering of AfroBerrys, WinMo Treos and Nextels. I'd say 75% Sprint and the rest are the other carriers. The lone iPhone ranger is usually on wifi or 2G cause of the usual (3G is spotty).

We do just fine. You probably don't know that many "consultants, business reps, mission-critical people". It's okay.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  16.    #36  
    I just read ( cant believe I didnt know this ) that you have 30 days and if you dont like it, you can return it for full money back. So if I get the Pre and I dont like it or Sprint, I will just go back to my iPhone at AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    We do just fine. You probably don't know that many "consultants, business reps, mission-critical people". It's okay.
    I'd take ignorance over patronizing condescension any day.
    I plan on getting the Pre and the new iPhone. The Pre is not on the same level as the iPhone for my media needs. No matter what, the next few weeks shgould be great. The Pre release and the iPhone 3 being revealed.
    I had my Iphone from November last year to this month. I kept my Sprint line open and I did the old school carry a phone(sprint phone voice only plan) and PDA(Iphone 3G data only plan). It was cool but I lusted for carrying one device. I really couldn't have the best of both worlds since ATT's network was semi-crappy but Sprint had lame PDA phones. When I had a firm date on the Pre I quickly sold my Iphone and probably won't look back.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Unfortunately, partially thanks to the release near the iPhone announcement, I'm going to wait and see what Apple does first. There's some speculation that they could announce at a later date with Jobs but it still shouldn't be too much longer since it's coming up on their yearly release time frame.
    That and it looks like the GSM version is still months away. I know you only do GSM phones, right?
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast