Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Whoa! I made a couple of voice calls on the sucker and didn't notice a significant battery drain like that.

By the way, the call clarity was great. Unlike my Blackberry, the Pre actually felt like a REAL phone when holding it to your face. (When opened)
    VERY good news. Yes, the TP will run fine (with some battery tweaks) until you make a call, then bam, the bottom drops out. And I don't really like the Touch Pro's call quality. It is not "clear" even if it is loud - too much "static".
    Awesome preview goat - THANK YOU. Glad to see you are coming over form an 8330 - I am also - was concerned about the keyboard - but if its good enough for the goat its good enough for me!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    OMG THE GOAT RULES!!! Congrats big guy
    exactly what my man preman said!! you have got to be the luckiest goat this side of the mississippi!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    At first I was a bit suspicious about this review but people here seem to hold you in high regard so thank you very this very objective review! The only thing that concerns me is what you said about the keyboard: "After a bit of adjustment with my thumbnails I got over that really quickly". So are you saying that you had to type the whole time using your thumbnails? If so, I might have to start clipping my thumbnails in an shape thats optimal for typing. Say, is the Goat able to speak with the assistance of one of those collar devices similar to the ones used by the doggies in the movie Up?
    haha, we all know goats don't have thumbnails...more like hoofs/hooves (whichever you prefer) if i'm not mistaken. what i actually think he means is that his thumbnails probably got in the way while trying to type with the pads of his thumbs and then he made the adjustment of using the tips or something similar, but apparently no big deal and an easy adjustment. correct me if i'm wrong goat, great post anyway!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Perhaps the most encouraging thing is that Kerrville is getting so many.

For those not familiar with Texas, Kerrville is a tiny, tiny, hole in the wall.

I hope this bodes well for the Houston distribution.
    Now I wouldn't say it was a hole in the wall...it's more like the kind of town you pass through on a road trip and 3-5 minutes after entering you see the "Leaving Kerrville" sign and say to yourself something like "that's it?? I always thought it was bigger."
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    haha, we all know goats don't have thumbnails...more like hoofs/hooves (whichever you prefer) if i'm not mistaken. what i actually think he means is that his thumbnails probably got in the way while trying to type with the pads of his thumbs and then he made the adjustment of using the tips or something similar, but apparently no big deal and an easy adjustment. correct me if i'm wrong goat, great post anyway!!
    Ah. The reason I thought he meant thumbnails is because I went to a Sprint store to try out the Treo Pro's keyboard, which I'd heard was similar to the Pre's. Being this was my first time typing on it, I found the only way I could was with my thumbnails! I asked the employee about this and he informed me that he really did like this keyboard, and although it seemed I was using my nails now, I would get used to it and would be able to use my thumb. I believed him because he anticipated me asking him about using my nails before verbally asking him. I've never owned a smart phone so this will be my first tiny keyboard.
    Mr. Goat....

Who'd have thunked it! You lucky *******....thanks so much for the great preview. What apps did you see on it?

On a side note....I had a Pre all put away for me and all by my friend who works at Sprint. I just got news today that he's been reassigned to the next bigger city starting on Monday!!! Aaaaaaaaaaargh! This whole time I have been bugging him about it, and now he won't even be around for the big day! At this point, I'll be lucky to get my hands on one come launch day!
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    VERY good news. Yes, the TP will run fine (with some battery tweaks) until you make a call, then bam, the bottom drops out. And I don't really like the Touch Pro's call quality. It is not "clear" even if it is loud - too much "static".
    I'm just wondering how long his calls were, though. Short calls shouldn't have a strong effect on the battery.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Ah. The reason I thought he meant thumbnails is because I went to a Sprint store to try out the Treo Pro's keyboard, which I'd heard was similar to the Pre's. Being this was my first time typing on it, I found the only way I could was with my thumbnails! I asked the employee about this and he informed me that he really did like this keyboard, and although it seemed I was using my nails now, I would get used to it and would be able to use my thumb. I believed him because he anticipated me asking him about using my nails before verbally asking him. I've never owned a smart phone so this will be my first tiny keyboard.
    I'm sorry, I should have been more clear on this point. My thumbnails hit the bottom of the screen when I was typing. It was easily corrected through positioning my thumbs slightly differently.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Mr. Goat....

Who'd have thunked it! You lucky *******....thanks so much for the great preview. What apps did you see on it?

On a side note....I had a Pre all put away for me and all by my friend who works at Sprint. I just got news today that he's been reassigned to the next bigger city starting on Monday!!! Aaaaaaaaaaargh! This whole time I have been bugging him about it, and now he won't even be around for the big day! At this point, I'll be lucky to get my hands on one come launch day!
    I was wondering when I was going to see a comment from you Manny my friend.

Apps: Besides all of the Sprint Software that was on it, the store manager told me that the only app he was able to download so far was AccuWeather. I did see that on the launch screen. Other than that, I got no new info for you my friend. Sorry. Maybe Monday... I think by Monday a lot of people may have played with a Pre already. Then we'll get all different kinds of reports from many different facets.

If not, then I'll keep visiting the store and checking it out if I can.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Hey Super Goat, many thinks for the quickie review.

It looks like they just put up the App Store.

Could you check to see up Update is working and what version comes in the update?
    Last edited by TomD; 05/31/2009 at 01:29 AM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Hey Super Goat, many thinks for the quickie review.

It looks like they just put up the App Store.

Could you check to see up Update is working and what version comes in the upsate?
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to check out anything today. I'll have to wait 'till Monday at the earliest. I got a feeling that by Monday A LOT more info on our beloved Pre will come out and this thread will be all but useless. If you do not have your answer by Monday morning then I will be sure to check it out for you.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    I was wondering when I was going to see a comment from you Manny my friend.

Apps: Besides all of the Sprint Software that was on it, the store manager told me that the only app he was able to download so far was AccuWeather. I did see that on the launch screen. Other than that, I got no new info for you my friend. Sorry. Maybe Monday... I think by Monday a lot of people may have played with a Pre already. Then we'll get all different kinds of reports from many different facets.

If not, then I'll keep visiting the store and checking it out if I can.
    YES!!! I was waiting for the first weather app!!! Pedro you rule!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to check out anything today. I'll have to wait 'till Monday at the earliest. I got a feeling that by Monday A LOT more info on our beloved Pre will come out and this thread will be all but useless. If you do not have your answer by Monday morning then I will be sure to check it out for you.
    Thanks again.

It seems to me that it is hard for those of us who have not seen and held the beast. It must be even harder for you who have held the Newness, to have to give it back.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    YES!!! I was waiting for the first weather app!!! Pedro you rule!
    Even if there's not a specific weather app (which it appears there is anyway) there's an option to add weather into Google Calendar and in videos I've seen, that appears to carry over to the Pre.
    Congrads to the Goat for being one of the first with an hands on review. However I thought you had your back on 3-15? Now your just giving us an review shame on you billy goat. I was waiting for you to spills the beans, good Job. Looking forward to being like you one day. Hopefully June 6 2009 with a Lil bit of Luck.

700P > 800(dub)
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbug621 View Post
    Congrads to the Goat for being one of the first with an hands on review. However I thought you had your back on 3-15? Now your just giving us an review shame on you billy goat. I was waiting for you to spills the beans, good Job. Looking forward to being like you one day. Hopefully June 6 2009 with a Lil bit of Luck.

700P > 800(dub)
    I did have my back on 3 - 15. When that fell through I was SURE about May 17th. I guess June 6th is better than the end of June.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    I can't imagine there is anything else we don't already know from all you guys with pre-Pres giving us Pre-Reviews. I guess this last week will seem pretty long...
  20.    #80  
    Fancy me! I'm SUPER blushing now.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast