Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Goyena » Not to screw up your numbers, but there are 3 Sprint stores in Kerrville. The other one is getting 13. The third one... I don't know.
    Just the contrary - that seems a lot, especially with respect to the demand. If you get the chance, can you ask how the allotment to the store was decided? From the store itself, or the from HQ?

Thanks again for the minireview, Goat. Oh the pages you'd write if you had it for half a day!
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Perhaps the most encouraging thing is that Kerrville is getting so many.

For those not familiar with Texas, Kerrville is a tiny, tiny, hole in the wall.

I hope this bodes well for the Houston distribution.
    yes, if there's hope for Kerville, there's hope for us all.
    Good review, but that picture was so bad
    Fellow Texan - thanks!

But you said something that made me stop and re-read it about the battery. I understand it will not last as long as a BB, but you said OR A TOUCH PRO! Yikes! I have a Touch Pro and if the Pre is the same or possibly worse, I will stay the hell away from it! Well at least until I can get a Seido battery for it.

So, could you clarify with you friend again when you can? Maybe later in the week after he has used it more. Thanks again!
    good job pedro!!! i think i know where wowowie came from hephep?
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Goat,
    Thanks for the information regarding the waiting list.

I JUST JUST had my name in the list,
    but I was skeptic about the store people calling me.

I am third in the list , and I was assured of my unit when available.
  7.    #47  
    I'll talk to the store manager a bit more on Monday about the battery.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Thanks Mr. Goat.
    At first I was a bit suspicious about this review but people here seem to hold you in high regard so thank you very this very objective review! The only thing that concerns me is what you said about the keyboard: "After a bit of adjustment with my thumbnails I got over that really quickly". So are you saying that you had to type the whole time using your thumbnails? If so, I might have to start clipping my thumbnails in an shape thats optimal for typing. Say, is the Goat able to speak with the assistance of one of those collar devices similar to the ones used by the doggies in the movie Up?
    you the Man, no the Goat.
    Thanks Goat... is the slider spring loaded? I mean does it snap open or does one have to push it all the way open or closed?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Thanks Goat... is the slider spring loaded? I mean does it snap open or does one have to push it all the way open or closed?
    It did not seem to be spring loaded. It had resistance when it was in the closed position. So it shouldn't fall open without a moderate amount of force.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I'll talk to the store manager a bit more on Monday about the battery.
    I'll clarify - a day is fine with me but that is very subjective because we all use a device differently, have different tower signals, etc. I can make two 45-60 minute calls on the TP and it needs a recharge. However, no calls and I can easily last a day as long as I don't do too much browsing.

Anyway - thanks for following up on this. Maybe I'll just drive out to Kerrville on Saturday if the stores are out here!
    Yeah, Goat, You the Man! I mean the Goat, er the Man, oh whatever!
    I live in SA but come to Kerrville often to visit family so I may just come get my Pre there. Where is the store? I have relatives off Harper Rd. and some in Hunt and Ingram.
    Now THAT was a preview review...Thanks Goat.
  16.    #56  
    Hey guys, I don't know if the manager would be cool with me giving out the addy of his store, or divulging his name yet. I will find out more on Monday, if it is cool with him then I would be more than happy to let you guys know more about the exact location and such. I just really don't want to get him in trouble. After all, he did arrange for the Goat to have his time with the Pre.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I'll clarify - a day is fine with me but that is very subjective because we all use a device differently, have different tower signals, etc. I can make two 45-60 minute calls on the TP and it needs a recharge. However, no calls and I can easily last a day as long as I don't do too much browsing.

Anyway - thanks for following up on this. Maybe I'll just drive out to Kerrville on Saturday if the stores are out here!
    He may only be demoing phones for people on the list. I'm not sure. As soon as I find out more I'll hit you up personally.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Goat,
    Muchas gracious ,

I was debating weather to buy the HTC TOUCH PRO 2 or Pre simply because the sprint touch pro2 has Global GSM.
    Its a nice feature when you travel.
    But browser is the second most application that I use on my current 800W.

After you wrote about the browser , my nerves are calm now.

I have
    OPERA Mobile,
    Opera Mini,
    Iris,
    Netfront
    Skyfire
    and IE
    on my 800W.

I normally use OPERA mobile with IRIS as backup for non flash sites.
    For flash sites I use Skyfire.

Can you check how fast the following sites load on Pre

eDealinfo- - Daily Hot Deal with Price Comparison, Online & Printable Coupons, Rebates,Gift Ideas Credit Cards at Lowest Cheap Price

Engadget
    On Monday I will come to this page and hit these links up. I know Engadget quite well and doubt it would take much time at all on the Pre.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post

Whoa! I made a couple of voice calls on the sucker and didn't notice a significant battery drain like that.

By the way, the call clarity was great. Unlike my Blackberry, the Pre actually felt like a REAL phone when holding it to your face. (When opened)
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Nice going Pedro! I am really looking foward to next Saturday!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast