Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. mecca's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
       #1  
    I buy new phones each year for my 4 lines of service through telesales. Being that we cannot order the Pre through them on the 6th, will I be able to bill to my account if I go to a Sprint store?
  2. #2  
    I have always been told that you can only bill to your accout from the telesales. now that might have changed in the past few years but thats the way it used to be.
  3. #3  
    You should be able to. That's my plan. i was told it would be fine. As long as you can bill to your account, that is.
  4. #4  
    Yeah, unless you have a spending limit (which you seem not to have, after ordering 4 phones at once), you'll be fine. Of course, there could always be a "Pre launch-only policy" and they'll you require to pay with card/cash at the time.

    Either way, be prepared.
  5. #5  
    should be able to
  6. #6  
    i always bill to account...as long as you're account is able...it can be done online, telesales, and in-store...not at Best Buy, Radio Shack, or Walmart
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    not at Best Buy, Radio Shack, or Walmart
    Good to know, I had no idea.
  8. #8  
    All of my phones were purchased via phone w/Sprint. One was done at a corporate Sprint store and it was done on the account. Not a question asked.
  9. #9  
    I was approved for five lines when I opened my account a few years ago, and I've always been able to have anything just added to my account, either in store or via the phone telesales. Haven't tried it over the web but haven't needed to.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    Being that we cannot order the Pre through them on the 6th, will I be able to bill to my account if I go to a Sprint store?
    My store said yes. And even accessories, too! I think I may buy the Touchstone afterall and charge it to the account.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  11. #11  
    The account must be paid up to get a new phone right? Just asking.
  12. #12  
    I have a question, what the advantage of charging it to the account? Your still paying it within the month, right?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I have a question, what the advantage of charging it to the account? Your still paying it within the month, right?
    It gets billed to your next due bill. Sometimes it pushes it out a month so you have time to pay. Other than that, there are no benefits.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    It gets billed to your next due bill. Sometimes it pushes it out a month so you have time to pay. Other than that, there are no benefits.
    Thanks
  15. mecca's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
       #15  
    Just came from a Sprint store on 116th street in Manhattan. I was just told that they are not letting the Pre be billed to your account. I then went to 125th street and was told the same thing. Has anyone else heard of this?
  16. #16  
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover.

    What am I missing here? Use one of the above to pay for you phones, get an extra month, have some buyer's protection, etc. Expense the phone to your company if it applies later??? What's the big deal?

    If I were Sprint, I would want some cash up front too. Palm isn't going to want to keep sending 10's or 100's of thousands of phones without getting some cash from Sprint for the first batch sold.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    Just came from a Sprint store on 116th street in Manhattan. I was just told that they are not letting the Pre be billed to your account. I then went to 125th street and was told the same thing. Has anyone else heard of this?
    They aren't corporate stores then.. any corporate sprint store will charge a phone to an account. No questions asked, just as long as you have no spending limit or no other notations saying other wise. They are 100% wrong and if its corporate I'd talked to a manager.

    I have billed phones on my account all the time at Sprint Corporate stores.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by glitchy View Post
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover.

    What am I missing here? Use one of the above to pay for you phones, get an extra month, have some buyer's protection, etc. Expense the phone to your company if it applies later??? What's the big deal?

    If I were Sprint, I would want some cash up front too. Palm isn't going to want to keep sending 10's or 100's of thousands of phones without getting some cash from Sprint for the first batch sold.
    If I'm floating Sprint a $100 interest-free loan in the form of a mail-in rebate, the least they can do is float me a $300 interest-free loan in the form of billing me on my next billing cycle. Turnabout is fair play.

    Credit cards often charge interest. I don't carry a balance, so mine doesn't, but they often do charge interest, and why not put off that interest accruing for another month by having them bill it to you later?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    If I'm floating Sprint a $100 interest-free loan in the form of a mail-in rebate, the least they can do is float me a $300 interest-free loan in the form of billing me on my next billing cycle. Turnabout is fair play.

    Credit cards often charge interest. I don't carry a balance, so mine doesn't, but they often do charge interest, and why not put off that interest accruing for another month by having them bill it to you later?
    I forget about the interest when carrying a balance...I try really hard to never carry a balance.
  20. #20  
    Ya I have a $500 credit on my account from returning my Treo Pro so I'm planing to bill to my account.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions