Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    View my post here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...mer-email.html

Worry not, unless you plan on fighting 200 people at best buy for 3 units.
    I'll probably get there around 7 to 7:30. The manager at the Sprint store said they are getting plenty, and the area where the store is, no one has really showed any interest in the PRE. But I will probably call Wednesday to see if any of that has changed. I was able to get the direct line to the Corp store. The worst case scenario would be to go to Best Buy and wait 2 hours if I couldn't get it at Sprint
  3.    #43  
    I'm still leaning both ways - Sprint vs. Best Buy. I want the instant rebate, but Sprint might do a better job for the things that I will be asking. And you get it earlier at Sprint :P

Are MIRs all that bad?
    when i switched to Sprint, i got the Moto Q with a MIR. I did all that the rebate said to do (i work at Office Depot so i know MIR'S) and i was denied. I walked into my Sprint store, told the rep what happened, and he instantly credited my account the $100 MIR. So it could be bad if you dont have good reps at the Sprint store.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePhone4Me View Post
    when i switched to Sprint, i got the Moto Q with a MIR. I did all that the rebate said to do (i work at Office Depot so i know MIR'S) and i was denied. I walked into my Sprint store, told the rep what happened, and he instantly credited my account the $100 MIR. So it could be bad if you dont have good reps at the Sprint store.
    Did they just deny you sending it?

I am nervous about that, too. If I do end up going to Sprint, I will be taking a bunch of pictures of the MIR: before, after, closeups, and the envelope.

Why can't they at least credit my Sprint account the $100? It's going to the same place anyways...
    They sent me the card in the mail that said i was denied my rebate. I think it was something to do with serial numbers not matching (something ridiculous like that). But the rep told me that it doesnt happen too often, and he also said some of the MIR processors just deny some. All i know is that MIR's are a scam. Surprised they are not outlawed yet.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePhone4Me View Post
    They sent me the card in the mail that said i was denied my rebate. I think it was something to do with serial numbers not matching (something ridiculous like that). But the rep told me that it doesnt happen too often, and he also said some of the MIR processors just deny some. All i know is that MIR's are a scam. Surprised they are not outlawed yet.
    Then you would suggest skipping Sprint and going to Best Buy?
    My brilliant answer to the OP's question?

You should wait until you get one!
    i say the Sprint store is still the best option. At least for me because of the quality customer service i have received. If you are not sure, go Sprint store.
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Why can't they at least credit my Sprint account the $100? It's going to the same place anyways...
    Are you kidding? Why would Sprint give the credit to the 100% of the users when, on average, rebate fulfillment is done about 50%-60%?
    Think about it: free money for Sprint. All it takes is people just not sending them in, missing the deadline, incorrect completion of forms... bogus denials like that mentioned earlier.
    i'm going to my local mall and there are 2 sprint stores inside so i'm having my mom go to the one and i'm going to the other one and we're going 2 hours before 8am and whoever gets to the pre will text the other and say they got it and then they will meet up. but 2 hours before 8 is the earliest i will go.
    That's a good idea derik123derik123. I was just going to drive to all the different stores in our area and wait at the one with the shortest line. But what if they only have 5 and I'm 6th in line?! Maybe I'll have my bf drop me off and then have him wait at another store... He has a line on my account (his is the premier line even though it should be me because I'm the one who signed the contract in '02 but they screwed it up so I have to but it on his line then have it reprogrammed to mine - took me two hours on the phone with Sprint to starighten that out!). Would be be able to add it to our plan or do I have to?
    Okay this is going to sound really weird but I've never camped out for anything before. What happens when you have to go to the bathroom??? I have the worlds smallest bladder and know I can't make it 8 hours (if not more) before I got to the bathroom. If I'm by myself I'll lose my place in line if I leave!
    Hahahaha
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    Okay this is going to sound really weird but I've never camped out for anything before. What happens when you have to go to the bathroom??? I have the worlds smallest bladder and know I can't make it 8 hours (if not more) before I got to the bathroom. If I'm by myself I'll lose my place in line if I leave!
    Go right before ;-). Don't drink much. If you need to do a #1 and you're standing, cross your legs; if you need to do a #1 and you're sitting, do NOT cross your legs. Proper posture also helps. Mainly just don't think about it (I googled it a few days ago ;-)). If you need to do a #2...good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    Adult diapers dude. Rock that shizzle hard core!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123