Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    posting from line
    From past experience I'd say 2 hours before the store opens will be more than enough.

6 hours for iPhone 1st gen
    2 hours iPhone 3G
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Hell, I was in line for the Wii launch & that line didnt get jumping till about 5am. And this was in the DC area.
    Thats funny, I went to get a Wii several months after launch when I found out Target was getting some in stock. I showed up 3.5 hours early and ended up being one of the last ones in line to get one. And at the time I lived in a small-medium size city, Kalamazoo, MI to be exact. I'm taking no chances with the pre.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I already postet in another thread that I was able to put down a $100 deposit to have a Pre guaranteed next Saturday. If you are in line I might walk past you to pick my guaranteed one up :P
    I am not camping so if there is a big line when I get to the store remember I got one of these on standby:

Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I dont know what to expect....5am sounds nice...Dunkin Donuts and a large coffee in hand and have my 800w scanning PreCentral!!. We could have a Thread..." What's your place in line?"..Plus, I have a good contact manager at RS...and they dont open till 10am.....so I have a backup!!

IGO
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 05/30/2009 at 09:07 PM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I did the line thing for both iPhones (5 hours the first time and 6 hours the second), so I'll probably pass on that for the Pre and swing by my local stores in the morning to see what's what.

if I miss out, then I'll be coming home and reading how all of you lucky fellers are faring with your Pres...
    I'm only going about an hour to half an hour early. Best Buy's right across the street from my Sprint store, so if Sprint doesn't work out, I'll have 2 hours to wait at Best Buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    I dont know what to expect....5am sounds nice...Duncan Donuts and a large coffe in hand and have my 800w scanning PreCentral!!. We could have a Thread..." What's your place in line?"..Plus, I have a good contact manager at RS...and they dont open till 10am.....so I have a backup!!

IGO
    Is that the Chinese version of Dunkin Donuts?

I keed, I keed!

Best Buy opens at 10am and I will be there around 8ish. A Best Buy Mobile employee told me that she had heard some people saying they're going to camp out but didn't know whether they actually would or not. She told me that the best thing to do would be to arrive "fairly early". She said they will be handing out tickets to people in line.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Is that the Chinese version of Dunkin Donuts?

I keed, I keed!
    Thanks....getting my fingers..PRE-pared!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Since it's exclusive to Sprint, I really don't think there are going to be big shortages. It will be interesting to see.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post

Best Buy opens at 10am and I will be there around 8ish. A Best Buy Mobile employee told me that she had heard some people saying they're going to camp out but didn't know whether they actually would or not. She told me that the best thing to do would be to arrive "fairly early". She said they will be handing out tickets to people in line.
    I asked a guy at BestBuy today about the pre he said they will only get about 5 per store.
    How Long Should I Wait in Line?
    Until you purchase the Pre. And not a minute longer.
  15.    #35  
    I would be very happy, and this decision would be very easy, if Sprint did the instant rebate, or just credit my Sprint account (it is going to the same place eventually anyways).
    i have a lifestyle store that is really w/in walking distance of my house... so i may get up and ride my bike @ 3 and see what it do, and if there is 1 or 2 cars there i will call the wife and have here to come and meet me.....
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noto220 View Post
    I asked a guy at BestBuy today about the pre he said they will only get about 5 per store.
    I've heard the same thing from 2 Best Buy's close to my house. (both are large stores in a metro area) In both cases, an employee told me that there would be no more than 10 available on launch date. And when I pressed them for more details, they made it sound like that number would be closer to 5 than 10.

By contrast, I think Sprint stores will have more. A sprint guy at a nearby store (who I generally trust, believe it or not) said that he would be getting 20, but some bigger Sprint stores might get up to 50.

So... since I have an unused Best Buy gift card from Christmas, I plan to hit that first and if the line is more than 6 or 7 deep I'll keep going to the Sprint store.
    i can only wait 3 hours, i have to catch amtrak at noon.

i dont think i will be waiting that long though. if there was a long line they would probably be out of them within 3 hours.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i'm getting there at 2am. the nearest store is 45 mins away. i won't be too happy if i get there at 2 and there's a line. i'll be pissed even if there's not a line - not like i can go back home and come back later!
    i will be getting to the Sprint store around 6-630am Sat morning. Im going to a Sprint store so i can bill to account.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast