Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    If this is true than why did the TV Channel G4 last night (Cablevision Ny) just drop the quick news story that verizon was picking up the phone 6 months after Sprint releases it ...
    Because Verizon said they were? They made the statement, like xenophonite said, to placate subscribers that might jump ship to get the Pre. Just by pulling a statement out of his **** like that, the Verizon CEO gave his subscribers a reason to hang tough for a while and see what happens. Doesn't matter if the statement is true or not. He can always backpedal later and say, "Oops. I jumped the gun. I meant we *want* go get the Pre in 6 months." Just throwing that statement out there might keep a hundred thousand subscribers content. Maybe more.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Because Verizon said they were? They made the statement, like xenophonite said, to placate subscribers that might jump ship to get the Pre. Just by pulling a statement out of his **** like that, the Verizon CEO gave his subscribers a reason to hang tough for a while and see what happens. Doesn't matter if the statement is true or not. He can always backpedal later and say, "Oops. I jumped the gun. I meant we *want* go get the Pre in 6 months." Just throwing that statement out there might keep a hundred thousand subscribers content. Maybe more.
    You know of course Sprint doesn't decide of Verizon gets the Pre -- PALM and Verizon do. It is massively in Palm's interest to give it to Verizon (and ATT) ASAP.

    Palm NEEDS the cash, and needs something else that iphone , WM and BB don't need to survive: quick traction to attain a user footprint to create efficiencies for webOS and for Palm itself, and for developers.

    Sprint has a reason to keep it exclusive but isn't the decider. Palm has a powerful array of reasons to provide to Verzion and ATT and is the decider.

    If Sprint had longer than six months they would have said so.
  3. #23  
    You will see devices like Palm Pre THEY MEAN THAT u will start to see devices that are the palm pre and Storm 2 SO IT IS THE PALM PRE
  4. #24  
    I will give it to Verizon. Their network is bar-none the best. But... the way they gut perfectly good phones and throw in their proprietary GUI and software is just awful. Vcast? I mean seriously. Who even uses that? $2.99 for one song and a terrible interface to go with it.

    I love Verizon's service, but when it comes to smartphones they just need to leave well enough alone.
  5. #25  
    they left the storm alone
  6. #26  
    1. I hope it does go to Verizon - more users means more development/bug fixing, and more third party apps.

    2. If Verizon wanted to keep people from jumping ship to Sprint for the prprpr&#$275$; ($namely$, $me$) $they$ $would$ $compete$ $with$ $the$ $Simply$ $Everything$ $plan$. $I$'$m$ $paying$ $$99$ $a$ $month$ $for$ $2K$ $anytime$ $minutes$ - $no$ $text$, $no$ $pics$ $and$ $web$ $comes$ $out$ $of$ $those$ $minutes$. $I$ $really$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $customer$ $retention$ $is$ $a$ $primary$ $motivator$ $in$ $adding$ $the$ $pr$&#$275$; $to$ $their$ $lineup$.

    Joe
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jallen3.14 View Post
    1. I hope it does go to Verizon - more users means more development/bug fixing, and more third party apps.

    2. If Verizon wanted to keep people from jumping ship to Sprint for the prprpr&#$275$; ($namely$, $me$) $they$ $would$ $compete$ $with$ $the$ $Simply$ $Everything$ $plan$. $I$'$m$ $paying$ $$99$ $a$ $month$ $for$ $2K$ $anytime$ $minutes$ - $no$ $text$, $no$ $pics$ $and$ $web$ $comes$ $out$ $of$ $those$ $minutes$. $I$ $really$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $customer$ $retention$ $is$ $a$ $primary$ $motivator$ $in$ $adding$ $the$ $pr$&#$275$; $to$ $their$ $lineup$.

    Joe
    They aren't going to cut prices to try and keep people from deserting to Sprint. They don't need too. just look at all the threads where poor battery life is mentioned only to find they line or work in a marginal signal coverage area for sprint. That kills battery life. And makes it hard to use the phone inside (because of the low frequency spectrum that VZ and AT&T have).

    There is a reason why Sprint is a second tier carrier!

    What this probably does mean is excpect Sprint to cut prices to keep people on Sprint from deserting to AT&T and VZ.
  8. #28  
    I was on Verizon at the time they made this "announcement" and I can honestly say Ive never been happier to leave a monopoly like that behind as I am now having switched to Sprint. If the service remains as good as it is now I will be a Sprint customer for some time and Verizon can have their ETF and "Network".
  9. #29  
    I switched from Verizon to Sprint for Pre. And first few days were horrible due to signal and battery life problems.

    I really thought of switching back to Verizon or give AT&T a try.

    Now, I got a solution. It is really simple. Take a piece of paper, fold it a multiple times. Shut down phone and open the back cover. Remove battery and replace it with that piece of paper, SO the connection of battery is tight.

    This sounds stupid, but it did solve my major two problems. Somehow battery does not drain that fast and I get better signal.

    I can't figure out how this works, but it did.

    All in my family thinks the voice quality with Sprint is much clearer/better than Verizon. Just not due to new phones!!
  10. #30  
    Verizon has over 80 million people on their network they dont care about sprint stealing their customers
  11. dp135's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #31  
    Whether or not it's true, it is true that it seems to be the VZW party line to try to retain and win back customers. On their multiple calls to me times this week from their WinBack dept they all said, we will have the Pre in 6 months. I did not pursue any of that as I don't believe anything any phone reps say when they are trying to score a sale or whatever.

    If I go back it will be just to get my non data plan on my old phone on a month to month until I see where this phone and OS go over the next 6 mos to a year.
  12. CYaris's Avatar
    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #32  
    Seems that VZW is getting the Pre, again. Verizon Will Get the Palm Pre in January

    And I don't believe VZW is that worried about Sprint stealing customers for one phone. Sprint has been losing customers for quite a while now.
    Visit My Blog

    My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
  13. dp135's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasonB View Post
    Verizon has over 80 million people on their network they dont care about sprint stealing their customers
    I disagree. I have been called and emailed quite a few times this week.
    They follow up as soon as they see you ported over in my experience and I only had an off contract 39.00 plan with a 20% corp discount. So it's not like they don't care about even the least of us in cellphone land - well our $$$ anyway;=)
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by dp135 View Post
    I disagree. I have been called and emailed quite a few times this week.
    They follow up as soon as they see you ported over in my experience and I only had an off contract 39.00 plan with a 20% corp discount. So it's not like they don't care about even the least of us in cellphone land - well our $$$ anyway;=)
    Ther dont want you to switch but they dont care as much as Sprint did when my sis switched from them they still send us stuff from a yr later and they told us that they have refunded 4 dollars from her last bill (from a yr ago) im surprised they never sent anything on the Pre since they did on the Instinct to try to make her come back
  15. #35  
    I hope that Verizon gets the Pre or a Pre-esque device in EXACTLY the same timely and convenient fashion in which they got the HTC Touch Diamond.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I hope that Verizon gets the Pre or a Pre-esque device in EXACTLY the same timely and convenient fashion in which they got the HTC Touch Diamond.
    Hey, we will all be better if VZ and AT&T get the Pre, even if you hate one or both of them and are in goo goo gaa gaa love with Sprint. Competition is good and that competition will result in MUCH better offers from everyone on our favorite devices. If it were up to me, no carrier would have exclusives on any handset.
  17. dp135's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasonB View Post
    Ther dont want you to switch but they dont care as much as Sprint did when my sis switched from them they still send us stuff from a yr later and they told us that they have refunded 4 dollars from her last bill (from a yr ago) im surprised they never sent anything on the Pre since they did on the Instinct to try to make her come back
    I have no experience as to who cares more, I was just saying, they do care, it's $$$. But I'll take your word for it that Sprint feels the hurt more
    and could see that.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by dp135 View Post
    I have no experience as to who cares more, I was just saying, they do care, it's $$$. But I'll take your word for it that Sprint feels the hurt more
    and could see that.
    i just want the pre but im on verizon
  19. poldim's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    They aren't going to cut prices to try and keep people from deserting to Sprint. They don't need too. just look at all the threads where poor battery life is mentioned only to find they line or work in a marginal signal coverage area for sprint. That kills battery life. And makes it hard to use the phone inside (because of the low frequency spectrum that VZ and AT&T have).

    There is a reason why Sprint is a second tier carrier!

    What this probably does mean is excpect Sprint to cut prices to keep people on Sprint from deserting to AT&T and VZ.
    Sprint and Verizon are BOTH CDMA 1900 (higher frequency) carriers running on the same signal. They have exclusive roaming agreements because it makes business sense. If you have Verizon signal, you WILL have Sprint coverage, and vice versa.

    (UMTS frequency bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
  20. #40  
    I hope Verizon does get a Palm device running WebOS. Even the Pre would be sweet. I just hope that they don't cripple the damn phone whether its wifi, GPS, aGPS, whatever whatever.

    Same with the iPhone (when/if they get it)

    If Verizon is getting a Palm Pre like device, and its as open as what you guys currently have on Sprint, then I''m going to wait.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions