Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Been happy with my instinct but have it sold on june 8th plan on camping out on the 6th looking forward to the pre

Fred
  2.    #22  
    I'm also planning on using the sprint buyback program
    Is it better to use the Sprint Buyback Program or just to sell it on EBay or something to get the maximum amount of money back? Also, I don't know if I want to sell my Instinct until I'm 100% certain on keeping the Pre, so the buyback thing is able to be done at any point, right?
    Not I
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Is it better to use the Sprint Buyback Program or just to sell it on EBay or something to get the maximum amount of money back? Also, I don't know if I want to sell my Instinct until I'm 100% certain on keeping the Pre, so the buyback thing is able to be done at any point, right?
    I'm going to avoid the ebay hassle and have Sprint buy it back for $50. And yes, it can be done at anytime.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I'm going to avoid the ebay hassle and have Sprint buy it back for $50. And yes, it can be done at anytime.
    Awesome, that's good news.
  7.    #27  
    Eventually they will knock the price down though, so we may not get $50 back for long. I have no reason to ever switch back so it'll be sold next week.
    I fell for the hype and commercials and got one. I've regretted it since the "new toy" fun factor wore off. It just couldn't do some things I wanted it to do (render some often visited web pages correctly, read pdf's, etc). Can't wait to get rid of it.

I don't know how many of Sprint's phones do it but the Instinct's contacts get backed up periodically. Does anybody know if the Pre will be able to pull those contacts from Sprint or do I have to enter them manually when I get phone or start adding them to Gmail now?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknightdug View Post
    I fell for the hype and commercials and got one. I've regretted it since the "new toy" fun factor wore off. It just couldn't do some things I wanted it to do (render some often visited web pages correctly, read pdf's, etc). Can't wait to get rid of it.

I don't know how many of Sprint's phones do it but the Instinct's contacts get backed up periodically. Does anybody know if the Pre will be able to pull those contacts from Sprint or do I have to enter them manually when I get phone or start adding them to Gmail now?
    I would start adding them to gmail. You can view the Sprint backed up one's online and export them. Then you could try importing that file into gmail contacts.
    I've loved my Instinct, but the 'newness' has worn off and it's time to get a new phone. There are things about the Instinct that I like and will miss, including being able to video things and Visual Voice Mail, but I am looking forward to having a new 'playtoy'.

I am not getting rid of the Instinct because I don't like it. It basically boils down the fact that I am ready for a new phone. I rarely keep a phone more than a year, and probably this time next year I will be looking for something to replace the Pre.
    I liked the Instinct, but it was really flawed. The keyboard lagged whenever I typed quick, the browser was horrible and while Opera Mini was very fast and rendered well it was a little buggy and text input in Opera always annoyed me (click where to type, click T on the control, type 150 characters only, click done, click OK).

I also didn't like how the pictures had to load slowly each time when you wanted to browse your pictures, or how the music had to scan the card for music each time (and it had problems with id3 tags and album art).

Overall it was a cool and fun phone but not great or amazing and I'm happy something better from Sprint has finally come along.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I got my Instinct the day before general release and liked it for a while. I don't watch much if any tv on a phone but the pixelation is just horrible. The lack of apps for the phone is another negative.
    Will be glad to get rid of it on the 6th. Sprint buy back, here I come.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Overall it was a cool and fun phone but not great or amazing and I'm happy something better from Sprint has finally come along.
    I agree with your complete post. I plan on upgrading to the Palm Pre as soon as I can.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I had the instinct for 30days, and i had to take that thing back. I'm switching from the Curve 8330.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12