Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quick Question - Which single feature is making you want to buy the Pre?

1) Web Browsing
    2) Email
    3) Calendar
    4) Maps
    5) Other - please name

After reading a few articles online it got me thinking that most research pointed towards users buying the Iphone because of its superior browsing capability and the Blackberry for its superior email capability. So when we consider the Palm what is its superior capability that it does better than any other phone?
    Last edited by no1smartphone; 05/30/2009 at 12:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    For me:
    Multitasking and notification system
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    1. Web Browsing
    Because it's a more open platform than iPhone.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    For me:
    That's two...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Shaped like a river stone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7.    #7  
    Can the Pre beat the Iphone at Browsing? Can it beat the Blackberry at email?

The reason I would like to buy the Pre is because of its web browsing. I use my phone less and less for calling. I use the calendar and browser more often.
    For me:
    me three
    Time for an upgrade with Sprint--sick of Instinct that's not working right anymore.
    alien technology
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    alien technology
    damn I forgot about that. I change my answer.
    web and os
    Since there's way too many things I could name, I'm going to be cheap and say the improvements in PIM, which to me includes the contacts and calendar.
  14.    #14  
    Apple markets strongly on the apps front - downloadable apps and the web browsing experience. When have they ever marketed its call quality etc.

Blackberry markets itself as the premier email device.

What should the Pre market itself as? If you were running an ad campaign what simple message would you want to get across?

The pre will not be a success because of people on this forum alone but will need to have a clear simple message to the public.
    The OS.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I was planning on trying to get one on or as close to release as possible, but the lack of mp3/file downloads is causing me to wait seeing as I use file downloads on a almost daily basis and sometimes download mp3s for local listening during a road trip or flight. I almost never stream to my Centro.

Also, I may wait and see what happens on the Verizon front, seeing as I'm an existing Verizon customer.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    web browsing
    universal search
    synergy

and ofcourse the alien technology that eats iphones for breakfast
    For me:
    +1
    The fact that it's better than the iphone in every way and everyone I work with has an iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    alien technology
    I heard that the technology is really coming from another solar system. LOL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast