Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Damn, I thought I was the only one in Cleveland that was interested in the pre. You mean to tell me I will be competing against others come launch day?! $%%^#&^%!!!!!
    No cities in Ohio are getting the Pre on the 6th. I heard it from my sister's ex-Lesbian lover's ex (who is no allegedly "straight," but I digress). She manages the Sprint warehouse in Louisville. They're diverting all the phones to Pennsylvania markets.

Seriously, though; aren't these threads about as useless as my reply above? No one really knows how many units any particular market is getting at this point. Just get in line at a store on the 6th and keep your fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Grim; 05/30/2009 at 02:38 PM.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    yeah it's kind of selfish and unnecessary.
    My motivation is to obtain and share information on this open forum--not selfishness.
  4.    #24  
    What's up LOONYTUNES? I knew there were fellow Clevelanders out there. We'll get the Phone!
  5.    #25  
    Are there real indications that the launch of this phone will be like iphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    What's up in Ft. Lauderdale with the Pre?
    Not much, I called just two stores (the closest, within 5 mins from home) and as of yet they don't have a list, will do first-come, first-served on Saturday and claim to know more about inventory numbers by Friday.

There is a store down in Pembroke Pines that will host one of the 10 Premier parties, but I'm not bothering going there as I'm not Premier status.
  7.    #27  
    I think we'll all get one on Saturday!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm in a suburb of Akron, Ohio (about an hour south of Cleveland) and checked a few stores in the North Canton area today... there are 2 Sprint stores within 10 miles of me, 2 miles apart from each other with a Best Buy sandwiched in-between.

Sprint store #1 was totally empty of customers with about 6 or 7 employees, and the 2 I spoke with were extremely friendly and eager to answer Pre questions. Of course, they couldn't say much except the doors open at 8 am Saturday and they were expecting a small crowd.

At Best Buy, I actually walked up to the Mobile section as their Sprint rep was training one of the employees. She was quite enthusiastic (maybe too much so!) and when she saw me standing there, was more than happy to talk up the Pre like it was the second coming of You-Know-Who. She had handled one during training 4 days earlier, so she was pretty excited about it. But she was repeating most of the stuff that I already knew, so after maybe 10 mins. or so, I politely thanked her and moved on. But still, encouraging that she was there getting the troops excited about it. (One amusing anecdote: She kept saying she had never seen anything like the hype for the Pre before, and I didn't have the heart to ask if she had heard of the iPhone. LOL...)

Sprint store #2 was a lot busier than the first, but still way too many employees milling around and seemingly ignoring me at first. When one finally asked if I needed help, the moment I mentioned the Pre he rattled off the short list of factoids, obviously trying to get me the information so he could get on with doing nothing. It was kind of night & day from the first Sprint store, so at least I know which one I'd be giving my hard-earned cash to now, anyway.

My last stop was at the nearby Westfield (Belden Village) Mall... I had a card from their Sprint kiosk where I met a very friendly guy named Faiz and rapped about phones a few weeks back, so I thought I'd check in with him and see if they were going to have them on launch day. Thankfully, he remembered me (or so he claimed) and he said yes, they would have Pres on launch day. Best of all, they're doing the instant rebate thing on the spot! He said they open at 9:30 am that day, so I figure I can check out the first Sprint store and if there's a crazy line, take my chances at the mall kiosk, assuming they actually do get them (not that I don't trust Faiz, but I think they must not be a corporate store, so who knows where they rank in the food chain).

What I was really hoping for was running into one of the Advocates (or is that "Ambassadors," as the Sprint Best Buy rep called them, LOL) with a Pre in hand, but I struck out there. But, I did get to see first-hand that even in my neck of the woods, lots of people are calling and stopping in asking about it, so Sprint and Palm may have a winner on their hands...
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I live in north canton. Which was the better store? The Strip?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgravo View Post
    I live in north canton. Which was the better store? The Strip?
    Yes, those were some friendly folks in there... I'd hit them first if possible, then maybe Faiz at the kiosk in the mall and maybe Best Buy as a backup...
    Quote Originally Posted by JRBTempe View Post
    I'm in a suburb of Akron, Ohio (about an hour south of Cleveland) and checked a few stores in the North Canton area today... there are 2 Sprint stores within 10 miles of me, 2 miles apart from each other with a Best Buy sandwiched in-between.

Sprint store #1 was totally empty of customers with about 6 or 7 employees, and the 2 I spoke with were extremely friendly and eager to answer Pre questions. Of course, they couldn't say much except the doors open at 8 am Saturday and they were expecting a small crowd.

At Best Buy, I actually walked up to the Mobile section as their Sprint rep was training one of the employees. She was quite enthusiastic (maybe too much so!) and when she saw me standing there, was more than happy to talk up the Pre like it was the second coming of You-Know-Who. She had handled one during training 4 days earlier, so she was pretty excited about it. But she was repeating most of the stuff that I already knew, so after maybe 10 mins. or so, I politely thanked her and moved on. But still, encouraging that she was there getting the troops excited about it. (One amusing anecdote: She kept saying she had never seen anything like the hype for the Pre before, and I didn't have the heart to ask if she had heard of the iPhone. LOL...)

Sprint store #2 was a lot busier than the first, but still way too many employees milling around and seemingly ignoring me at first. When one finally asked if I needed help, the moment I mentioned the Pre he rattled off the short list of factoids, obviously trying to get me the information so he could get on with doing nothing. It was kind of night & day from the first Sprint store, so at least I know which one I'd be giving my hard-earned cash to now, anyway.

My last stop was at the nearby Westfield (Belden Village) Mall... I had a card from their Sprint kiosk where I met a very friendly guy named Faiz and rapped about phones a few weeks back, so I thought I'd check in with him and see if they were going to have them on launch day. Thankfully, he remembered me (or so he claimed) and he said yes, they would have Pres on launch day. Best of all, they're doing the instant rebate thing on the spot! He said they open at 9:30 am that day, so I figure I can check out the first Sprint store and if there's a crazy line, take my chances at the mall kiosk, assuming they actually do get them (not that I don't trust Faiz, but I think they must not be a corporate store, so who knows where they rank in the food chain).

What I was really hoping for was running into one of the Advocates (or is that "Ambassadors," as the Sprint Best Buy rep called them, LOL) with a Pre in hand, but I struck out there. But, I did get to see first-hand that even in my neck of the woods, lots of people are calling and stopping in asking about it, so Sprint and Palm may have a winner on their hands...
    your post kind of reminds me of this story -

Buying Myself a Birthday Present
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    your post kind of reminds me of this story -

Buying Myself a Birthday Present
    Um... whatever.

I've seen you post a lot here and it seems like you don't have much nice to say about what anyone else says, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    My motivation is to obtain and share information on this open forum--not selfishness.
    Yeah, that's Gekko for ya. It's as if someone is always pi**ing on his on cereal.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Yeah, that's Gekko for ya. It's as if someone is always pi**ing on his on cereal.
    There's always gotta be one on every board, it seems... LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by JRBTempe View Post
    Um... whatever.

I've seen you post a lot here and it seems like you don't have much nice to say about what anyone else says, so...
    WTF? why did you take offense to that? it's a great story - a shopping adventure of a guy on a mission and visiting several stores.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    WTF? why did you take offense to that? it's a great story - a shopping adventure of a guy on a mission and visiting several stores.
    OK, my bad... to be honest I didn't read the whole story (it was even longer than mine, LOL!) and based on some of your other posts I had just read, I foolishly assumed it was something sarcastic or negative.

Sorry 'bout that!
    It's probably because you're usually have such nice exchanges around here, people are always expecting the best out of you.

But we still love you.
    Nice a Cleveland thread...

I live in the Old Brooklyn neighborhood on the cities west side...

How about them cavs...

I thought this was the year...
    Quote Originally Posted by jar3232 View Post
    How about them cavs...

I thought this was the year...
    No, it's how 'bout that LeBron? Without him, we wouldn't even be dreaming about the Cavs being something worth mention.

Besides, it's Cleveland. You're why the state can't have anything nice.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    No, it's how 'bout that LeBron? Without him, we wouldn't even be dreaming about the Cavs being something worth mention.

Besides, it's Cleveland. You're why the state can't have anything nice.
    haha oh snap. so true though. With the mistake by the lake, and the nasty nati, Columbus is our only hope
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast