1.    #1  
    But, every phone can sync with iTunes… : Boy Genius Report

Says synching with I Tunes is not a great achievement as every dumb phone can do it.

This is not even reporting as much as bile.
    who cares? BGR is a good website and I don't believe he's an apple fanboy. He MIGHT like the iphone more, but maybe he just likes it because he feels like its a better phone? not everything they do is out of their love for iphone and hate for the Pre. This story seems like a good story for those that didn't know they could use itunes. Big deal.
    But it's true. If anything it takes away Apple's "Oh no you di'int!" attitude. It's like Winamp or any other program that syncs with USB storage. I didn't really see the big deal with iTunes sync since you can do that with practically any mp3 player.
    He's certainly trying to downplay the significance of the iTunes announcement. It's the out of the box-ness that makes it newsworthy, both because of the capability and because of the competition between Apple and Palm, and what Palm may have done to make it work.
    Every tech site is going to try to downplay the importance of the Pre syncing with iTunes. The simple fact is people don't want to download and install additional software just to make something work - that is the golden ticket here.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Every tech site is going to try to downplay the importance of the Pre syncing with iTunes. The simple fact is people don't want to download and install additional software just to make something work - that is the golden ticket here.
    i'm telling you guys, derek is knows his stuff!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    BGR is just a piece of trash. The would would be a better place w/o his Apple bias reviews..
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I think it's sweet for them to bring this up as it is relevant. There was just too much spin in the article. As Derek said and has been said time and time again, it's about doing it out of the box and not stuffing around with other 3rd party software.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Ultimately, I think they do this to gain attention and stir peeps up. It's like their half baked pre-release review with minimal qualifiers in it.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    BGR is doing it's part in making sure the lines are short for all of us to get our phones this coming Saturday LOL
    Mark/Space has been syncing WinMo phones with iTunes for at least 3 years. Palm's little trick with the Pre is old news.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Bgr is on Apple's nuts. He's a true Apple fan boy.