1. Duo
    According to this PC World Podcast the NDA lifts on June the 4th at which point they will have full coverage of the device.

To listen just copy and paste the URL below into your browser (sorry less than 10 posts so no links for me):

media.pcworld.com/audio/090529_PC_World_Podcast.mp3
    LOL usually date of nda clearence is a core nda element. IE stating end date of NDA is as much or more of an nda violation then any spec!
  3. Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    LOL usually date of nda clearence is a core nda element. IE stating end date of NDA is as much or more of an nda violation then any spec!
    Thatís what I thought when I first heard it and If a company hasnít announced that a product is coming or when a product is coming then that would usually be a problem but since Palm have announced the release date it shouldnít be an issue.

I guess it will be Hollywood on the 3rd, reviews on the 4th, Premier customers party on the 5th and on general sale on the 6th.
    thats too bad considering the final software upgrade occurs on June 6th.
    i wouldnt consider full coverage.
    ^Please explain...
    NDA until 2 days before launch is a bad sign. If the issues were easy to fix they would have by now. Do NOT expect a magic patch because they don't exist.
    Unless the 'magic patch' is enabling the features that they don't want folks to see until launch. Could be their silver bullet so to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    First rule of fight club: You don't talk about fight club.
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    When the first Zune came out there was a firmware update for it immediately. As in, you could have bought it on the very first day it was available, brought it home, installed the software, and it told you there were new updates. This is pretty unusual and quite frankly a poor way of doing things (if anything says the software was rushed that does) but it has happened before.

Still, I would also like to know where he's getting that assertion from.
    So on the 4th we'll have Dieter telling us all about his Pre?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    So on the 4th we'll have Dieter telling us all about his Pre?
    since when did dieter have a pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    since when did dieter have a pre?
    I think we're assuming that he does and can't talk about it.
    From what I've seen, we're pretty much guaranteed to see an immediate update, given that the help system says something about being available after launch. That's not necessarily a guarantee of some "secret" features, because it would be just as easy to update the help files with new info as implement the features themselves. But, obviously, there needs to be help, and so I'm guessing we'll get a notice to update pretty much immediately after activation.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic