Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I guess that, when I stand in line on Black Friday, it's to buy items that I've never used before. So, why should this be any differeent? I dunno, but it seems to be - maybe because my smartphone organizes and manages so much of my life, whereas a digital camera just takes pictures of it.

I'd rather not dive in head-first, if handling the phone a little would prove to me that it's not for me. And then, of course, once I, say, upgrade my plan there's no going back. I probably won't be faced with this situation, but it's something I've been thinking about, lately.

Are any of you at least a little concerned about buying a Pre without ever having held one, first?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3.    #3  
    I'm going to guess that's your way of saying that you have no such concerns, whereas some might view the following as problematic:

"Refund policy

You’ll get the amount you paid for the device at the point and date of purchase plus any taxes. Your refund excludes any instant discounts received at purchase or charges for shipping or deposit.
    If you paid cash, we’ll refund in cash up to $175 at the store, or for refunds of more than $175, we’ll issue a check within 14 business days.
    If you paid by check, we’ll issue a check within 14 business days as soon as your check clears.
    If you billed to your account, we’ll credit the amount back to that same account within 30 days after you return it to a Sprint store or mailed it to a warehouse. Your credit may take up to 1 or 2 billing periods to appear on your account. Deposit refunds are processed after the return is completed and take up to 2 billing periods after the device has been returned.
    "

We know the Pre will cost most folks over $175, so it'll take them at least two weeks, after purchase (presumably), to get a refund, regardless of how one pays.

Not sexy.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm going to guess that's your way of saying that you have no such concerns, whereas some might view the following as problematic:

"Refund policy

You’ll get the amount you paid for the device at the point and date of purchase plus any taxes. Your refund excludes any instant discounts received at purchase or charges for shipping or deposit.
    If you paid cash, we’ll refund in cash up to $175 at the store, or for refunds of more than $175, we’ll issue a check within 14 business days.
    If you paid by check, we’ll issue a check within 14 business days as soon as your check clears.
    If you billed to your account, we’ll credit the amount back to that same account within 30 days after you return it to a Sprint store or mailed it to a warehouse. Your credit may take up to 1 or 2 billing periods to appear on your account. Deposit refunds are processed after the return is completed and take up to 2 billing periods after the device has been returned.
    "

We know the Pre will cost most folks over $175, so it'll take them at least two weeks, after purchase (presumably), to get a refund, regardless of how one pays.

Not sexy.
    yeah i'm liquid enough where i can float them the difference. i'm not too worried about it. and the cost of this phone is really nothing if you think about it - it's like a bar bill to me.
    Wait, what do they do if you pay with credit card? 30 days? full refund?
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Don't they just add it to your sprint bill? I only remember ordering through telesales so don't know if you buy in store.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Are any of you at least a little concerned about buying a Pre without ever having held one, first?
    It's a valid point -- I was kind of excited about the Instinct until I got a chance to spend 10 minutes with it in store.

But with this phone, I think we've all spent so much time watching demos that we have a pretty good idea what it can do. I'm interested in the physical feel of it but that won't sway me one way or the other -- the OS looks fantastic and that's far more important.
    I never really have hand on with most of my devices, I bought centro online.

I did handled iPod Touch, then I returned it, the iTunes and limitation was killing me.

I guess Im a function guy, and I think Im confidant enough with my technological instinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I never really have hand on with most of my devices, I bought centro online.

I guess Im a function guy, and I think Im confidant enough with my technological instinct.
    This.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    The reason I don't need to try before I buy is because I know I'm renewing with Sprint, but I hate pretty much every sprint phone out there. So even if it doesn't live up to the hype then it's still better than any other Sprint phone so it's all or nothing on the Pre.
    I plan on actually seeing it and fondling it before I leap. I have serious concerns (for me) about the keyboard. If it seems just "reasonable", I'll probably go ahead and get one sometime in June. I actually played with the Touch Pro in the store about 5 times over 2 months before buying one - and then I bought it off eBay as to not use my upgrade. Have to say, as amazing as the Pre seems, there are a lot of other phones coming this summer. I might just sit tight until July or August before I dump the TP.
    I have a Centro, so I'm not concerned about the complaints about the keyboard or 'feels cheap'.
    No need to handle it. Also, No time to handle it. With a shortage in supplies, and a bomb-rush of people going to pick these first available Pre's up on the 6th and 7th, I can't "afford" to wait. But again, as reported above, that's what the 30 days is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    No need to handle it. Also, No time to handle it. With a shortage in supplies, and a bomb-rush of people going to pick these first available Pre's up on the 6th and 7th, I can't "afford" to wait. But again, as reported above, that's what the 30 days is for.

LOL! Palm and Sprint must LOVE guys like you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    it's like a bar bill to me.
    One day soon the proletariat is going to rise up and then look out. I heard you're a lousy tip too.
  16. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I've handled it in my dreams. I need no further convincing.
  17. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    yeah i'm liquid enough where i can float them the difference. i'm not too worried about it. and the cost of this phone is really nothing if you think about it - it's like a bar bill to me.
    More like a strip club bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    LOL! Palm and Sprint must LOVE guys like you!
    Hey, Well they can't hate us. It's their policy, we're just abiding by it, right?
    I handle all of my phones before I purchase mine, and spend at least a few with it... that being said, I'll purchase on the 5th or 6th immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    One day soon the proletariat is going to rise up and then look out. I heard you're a lousy tip too.
    the rich get richer.

nah i tip too well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast