Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1st of all - moderators, I apologize but I searched and didn't find an existing thread that would fit this description. Just wanted to know which stores (ie city, state) people are planning to go see on Pre-day. I don't really care if you guys respond or not - just thought it would be cool to meet some of you in person if you were close by and we ended up at the same store. We've all spent the last few months on these forums together and it might be the only chance we get to meet in person.

I will most likely be at the Emeryville (California) store before 8 am wearing a PreCentral.net shirt. JK although I would probably wear one if we had them on sale here.
    Last edited by cary328is; 05/31/2009 at 02:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I could possibly go to emeryville. But I wasn't planning on calling up store til mid-week. I wanted to wait as late as possible to find out which stores had what. Although I was looking for more the San Francisco/Daly City area.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  3.    #3  
    Gerorne - thx for your reply. I was checking Yelp.com to see the reviews on the different Sprint stores around our area. Sad how many bad reviews there are out there. I work in Emeryville so I'll stop by the store and ask what their possible stock may be. Good luck in getting yours
    I will be at a number of stores depending on which one opens first .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Prolly my local sprint store at stapley and us 60 in mesa az....

They "say" they have a lot of requests about the phone, but again, no one knows about it... Would 5am be too early???
    IMO - getting to the Sprint Store no earlier than 30 minutes before it opens is appropriate. anything earlier than that is obnoxious, unnecessary, inappropriate, and just plain uncalled for.
    I'm in manhattan NYC, if anybody knows of a good Spint store to go to let me/us know here, Thanks.

I will also try calling different stores mid-week to see how are stock levels and if they're selling them on the 5th.

Thanks for the thread, I was thinking along the same lines but was hesitant.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    Prolly my local sprint store at stapley and us 60 in mesa az....

They "say" they have a lot of requests about the phone, but again, no one knows about it... Would 5am be too early???
    5 am? wow that's early but I guess depending on the hours you work as an officer - you're probably up at that time anyways Good luck getting yours that day
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    i dont know or care bout what you guyz think. people waited for dayz for the iphone so a few hours isnt
    obnoxious, unnecessary, inappropriate, and just plain uncalled for.
    . I'm in Santa Barbara, CA and there's only one TINY store for 60 miles around so I'm heading over there after i get of work on friday (2am) because i am NOT willing to miss my chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    IMO - getting to the Sprint Store no earlier than 30 minutes before it opens is appropriate. anything earlier than that is obnoxious, unnecessary, inappropriate, and just plain uncalled for.
    Before my knee jerks, maybe I should just as if you'd explain what's inappropriate, for instance, about someone standing outside of a Sprint store 45 minutes before it opens. Would you, please?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Before my knee jerks, maybe I should just as if you'd explain what's inappropriate, for instance, about someone standing outside of a Sprint store 45 minutes before it opens. Would you, please?
    because you'll look like a ******.
    because you'll look like a ******.
    *bites lip*

Is that how everyone looks when they're waiting in line on Black Friday or on the day before the iPhone debuted?
    Last edited by west3man; 05/30/2009 at 04:53 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    *bites lip*

Is that hope everyone looks when they're waiting in line on Black Friday or on the day before the iPhone debuted?
    yes. but hey - if that's what you want to do, do it. i'll be showing up 15 minutes early. if there's a crazy line - i go home and buy one later. i'm still hoping i get an email before fri that invites me to buy early because of premier status.

BTW - WTF is up with your syntax?
    Last edited by Gekko; 05/30/2009 at 04:45 AM.
    yes. but hey - if that's what you want to do, do it. i'll be showing up 15 minutes early. if there's a crazy line - i go home and buy one later. i'm still hoping i get an email before fri that invites me to buy early because of premier status.

BTW - WTF is up with your syntax?
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    1st of all - moderators, I apologize but I searched and didn't find an existing thread that would fit this description. Just wanted to know which stores (ie city, state) people are planning to go see on Pre-day. I don't really care if you guys respond or not - just thought it would be cool to meet some of you in person if you were close by and we ended up at the same store. We've all spent the last few months on these forums together and it might be the only chance we get to meet in person.

I will most likely be at the Emeryville (California) store before 8 am wearing a PreCentral.net shirt. JK although I would probably wear one if we had them on sale here.
    I'd consider showing up early, but just to handle the demo unit. It'll probably be my first opportunity to try the device out.

That's assuming I'll even be available. Looks like I may be in an event, somewhere.

Hm. I should really find out the specifics beyond just the date.
    I'm going to go in the dark of night and post a sign on the closest SPRINT store reading "PALM PRE not available here; go to store x across town". Then I'll get to that store at 5 minutes to 8 and get the first Pre.
    I may show up at one of the stores in NY / NJ 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before they open. I wouldnt wait on a long line for a phone But I dont criticize anyone that does. Thats there perogative and thats fun to some people. But you will not see any Iphone types lines. Iphone was unique. Release of other big phones after that like the storm / Android etc didnt bring about any hysteria etc. my guiess if you show up 1 hour before the store opnes you will see anywhere from no one in some areas to 10-15 tops in places like NY.
    Sorry, I plan on getting there at least 2 hours before opening.
    I'm not taking any chances of missing out.
    My store, in a small metro area may not get that many Pres.
    2am, best buy, tucson central!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    so if i get there 31 minutes early, ill beat EVERYONE!!!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast