Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 99
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonemo View Post
    Not a current Sprint customer. One person did it before me at my store, hence I am no two on the list. I asked them twice whether this guarantees me one on Saturday and they said yes.

    Edit: I am in NY, not sure if that plays a role. Try it at your own Sprint store and report back.
    none of my sprint stores are doing it, hence asking. the one is saying a "600k waitlist" and today they said "500k." They sound absolutely clueless. And they'll get stock the "morning of June 6th, hopefully"
  2. jonemo's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #62  
    My store was also talking about "the wait list" with 1.6 million people (so they say) and I asked them what they mean and they werent really sure. I guess that is everyone who signed up on sprint.com to get a notification when it comes out.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Right up the the East Coast comment I was beginning to think you'd found my intended store!
    Ahhh, yes... No.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  4. Dr D's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #64  
    Shockeroo.....I stopped by a different Sprint store today. They are getting 20 Palm Pre phones. No one getting them before June 6 here, or anywhere --except those 10 flagship cities who are partying June 5.

    BUT THEY SAID THEY HAD A WAITING LIST FOR THE 20. I was so incredibly bummed out thinking I had missed out until they said, "We have 17 of the 20 phones reserved....but we have 3 more spots available". SIGN ME UP ! Which they did and I got an appointment at 8 am June 6 for a guaranteed Palm Pre. I DID THE HAPPY DANCE.

    Apparently 3 of the 6 Sprint stores in the area have waiting lists. I had been talking with one that had NO list and planning on camping out at an ungodly hour to HOPE to get one.


    So call stores to see about waiting lists. I think these stores should have signs on the window stating: "No Palm Pre phones on June 6 if not on waiting list" to avoid mass confusion.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    There's a Panera Bread with free wifi within eyeshot of my closest Sprint store. It opens at 6:00am. So, I'll be swinging by at 5:50am, if there's a line I'll join it, if not I'll grab a cup o' Joe and hang out online (reading about everyone's East Coast Pre experiences, of course) until I see people starting to show up. At either point, I'll release the knockout gas I've been saving for just that moment, and move to the front of the line. I figure I'll have 5 minutes or so for the entire manuever--should be plenty of time.
    Reading this i was like omg one of the Sprint stores i was thinking about was just mentioned Than saw the east coast comment as well ...
    Unless your hiding your true location Panera bread is also within an eyeshot of one of the more popular sprint stores in my location as well, see ya there?!?
  6. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    #66  
    C'ville, VA.
    Both of our Sprint stores are opening at 8 AM, which is a change from what they had online before. At the smaller affiliate, he said he did not know how many phones he was getting, but offered the range of "5 to 20".
    At the larger (corporate) store, they would not say how many they are expecting, but they obviously knew, and only smiled when I pointed that out. I mentioned the "5 to 20" I'd heard, and she only smiled more, saying "I really wish I could say." When asked, they said there had been a LOT of interest in it, but then also said that I was the most interested person. (I've been in there 2 or 3 times in the last couple of weeks.) They also suggested getting there early, "7:45". Fortunately, they did say they would have "refreshments" at that early hour.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  7. #67  
    Best Buy in Springfield, Oregon.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  8. #68  
    Ladies and gentlemen, this just in! Yes, yes, this is breaking eyewitness news!

    The Pasadena, CA Sprint Store has been taken over by giant alien robots! They have informed the city that they will be keeping that store closed til Monday, June 8! The robots, who are calling themselves "Prenautocons (copyright DCA), also revealed that they have the swine flu, the bird flu, crabs and practice SAT/MCAT/LSAT exams waiting for any person who shows up to the store prior to that date.

    We repeat: Stay away from the Pasadena Sprint Store until Monday, June 9, 2009!

    That is all. We now return this thread to our regular nerdy pursuits.
  9. #69  
    A Sprint corp. store south of Chicago.....and as a backup....an RS store not far form that..

    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Reading this i was like omg one of the Sprint stores i was thinking about was just mentioned Than saw the east coast comment as well ...
    Unless your hiding your true location Panera bread is also within an eyeshot of one of the more popular sprint stores in my location as well, see ya there?!?
    All I will say is that the closest ocean to me is much colder than the closest ocean to you.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  11. #71  
    I won't be waiting.
    I already have a Pre!

    Oh wait...

    I have the Pro.
    I still get those two confused.
  12. #72  
    Pardon me for posting here. I'm very confused on what I should do. Should I go to BB or Sprint? I want to sell my Treo at Sprint using their Buy Back thing, but I don't think BB does that. I also want the instant rebate...UGH
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, this just in! Yes, yes, this is breaking eyewitness news!

    The Pasadena, CA Sprint Store has been taken over by giant alien robots! They have informed the city that they will be keeping that store closed til Monday, June 8! The robots, who are calling themselves "Prenautocons (copyright DCA), also revealed that they have the swine flu, the bird flu, crabs and practice SAT/MCAT/LSAT exams waiting for any person who shows up to the store prior to that date.

    We repeat: Stay away from the Pasadena Sprint Store until Monday, June 9, 2009!

    That is all. We now return this thread to our regular nerdy pursuits.
    You have said too much. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated soon.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Pardon me for posting here. I'm very confused on what I should do. Should I go to BB or Sprint? I want to sell my Treo at Sprint using their Buy Back thing, but I don't think BB does that. I also want the instant rebate...UGH
    Well...Sprint opens 8am...Best Buy...10am......"If you first don't succeed...try...try again"...hint!!

    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  15. jgassaway's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #75  
    Tulsa, OK

    Justin
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Well...Sprint opens 8am...Best Buy...10am......"If you first don't succeed...try...try again"...hint!!

    IGO
    Haha yeah I was wondering if BB opened at 10am...wasn't quite sure, though. The $100 instant rebate at BB is very temping, though...I wouldn't mind if the rebate for Sprint takes 2 weeks...but from past experiences, wont it take like 6-8 weeks?
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Haha yeah I was wondering if BB opened at 10am...wasn't quite sure, though. The $100 instant rebate at BB is very temping, though...I wouldn't mind if the rebate for Sprint takes 2 weeks...but from past experiences, wont it take like 6-8 weeks?
    Sprint will not even touch the rebate until 30 days is elapsed. It is about six to eight weeks.
  18. #78  
    [QUOTE=IGoDwnTwn34;1625518]Well...Sprint opens 8am...Best Buy...10am......"If you first don't succeed...try...try again"...hint GO TO SPRINT 1ST
  19. #79  
    anyone going to the Deerfield IL store? I'll be there but i'm not sure how early to go !
  20. #80  
    [QUOTE=clevelandrocker;1625639]
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Well...Sprint opens 8am...Best Buy...10am......"If you first don't succeed...try...try again"...hint GO TO SPRINT 1ST
    WHAAAAAAA?????...try..try again!!

    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions