Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    There's a Panera Bread with free wifi within eyeshot of my closest Sprint store. It opens at 6:00am. So, I'll be swinging by at 5:50am, if there's a line I'll join it, if not I'll grab a cup o' Joe and hang out online (reading about everyone's East Coast Pre experiences, of course) until I see people starting to show up. At either point, I'll release the knockout gas I've been saving for just that moment, and move to the front of the line. I figure I'll have 5 minutes or so for the entire manuever--should be plenty of time.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Livermore or Pleasanton, CA....Hopefully no one knows about the pre here... Will get there about 7am and hope for the best. Husband going to one store and I will go to the other. Hope one of us scores!
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    There's a Panera Bread with free wifi within eyeshot of my closest Sprint store. It opens at 6:00am. So, I'll be swinging by at 5:50am, if there's a line I'll join it, if not I'll grab a cup o' Joe and hang out online (reading about everyone's East Coast Pre experiences, of course) until I see people starting to show up. At either point, I'll release the knockout gas I've been saving for just that moment, and move to the front of the line. I figure I'll have 5 minutes or so for the entire manuever--should be plenty of time.
    Right up the the East Coast comment I was beginning to think you'd found my intended store!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr D View Post
    I'm going to go in the dark of night and post a sign on the closest SPRINT store reading "PALM PRE not available here; go to store x across town". Then I'll get to that store at 5 minutes to 8 and get the first Pre.
    Sounds like one of the better plans I've heard to date...
    I'm already in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I'm already in line.
    Too funny.

Just don't be like those guys in that cereal commercial who were lined up outside the grocery store... until they realized it was a 24 hour store and people were already inside buying stuff.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Sorry, I plan on getting there at least 2 hours before opening.
    I'm not taking any chances of missing out.
    My store, in a small metro area may not get that many Pres.
    Please don't bring a lawn chair!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    i was thinking 1-2hrs before store opening... I'm not entirely confident about the store here. there's another, but eh, we'll see. I'm calling them all during the week next week. hopefully they'll have better info
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Please don't bring a lawn chair!
    I'm not going to sit on the sidewalk!
    I'm already in line.
    Behind me.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I wont wait at all. I just go there and get mine. I went to the store today, put down a $100 deposit and have one of the 10 Pres they get next week guaranteed. This seems to be a process that is administrated corporation wide since they had to call the area manager to find out how to put the deposit into the system.
    I'm going to most likely hit the 86st location (between 3rd and Lex) an hour or two before it opens and see if there is a line. There is also a Best Buy on 86th and Lex so between my girlfriend and I we will be able to get one from which ever store wants to sell us two first and at the best price!

Fortunately they are about 5 minutes away from home so it is pretty painless to go early!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonemo View Post
    I wont wait at all. I just go there and get mine. I went to the store today, put down a $100 deposit and have one of the 10 Pres they get next week guaranteed. This seems to be a process that is administrated corporation wide since they had to call the area manager to find out how to put the deposit into the system.
    are you a current sprint customer? Has anyone else done this?
    Will there be any difference between Sprint stores owned by Sprint vs a Sprint store owned by another company like Connectivity Choice or Total Choice? I have no idea what that even means, but when I look up stores near me in Houston, two are just plain Sprint while 2 others are owned by someone else.

Also, without mainstream advertising I wonder if there will be huge lines? Since I am still not sure if I want to leave Verizon and pay an ETF, I may just go mid-afternoon to various Sprint stores and see if any Pre's are still in stock. If some are, maybe it is a sign I should leave Verizon, hah.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    Not a current Sprint customer. One person did it before me at my store, hence I am no two on the list. I asked them twice whether this guarantees me one on Saturday and they said yes.

Edit: I am in NY, not sure if that plays a role. Try it at your own Sprint store and report back.
    Last edited by jonemo; 05/30/2009 at 05:09 PM.
    I'm already in line.
    how many ahead of you in line?
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Will there be any difference between Sprint stores owned by Sprint vs a Sprint store owned by another company like Connectivity Choice or Total Choice? I have no idea what that even means, but when I look up stores near me in Houston, two are just plain Sprint while 2 others are owned by someone else.

Also, without mainstream advertising I wonder if there will be huge lines? Since I am still not sure if I want to leave Verizon and pay an ETF, I may just go mid-afternoon to various Sprint stores and see if any Pre's are still in stock. If some are, maybe it is a sign I should leave Verizon, hah.
    I think the "Sprint Store By...." are non corporate stores so I doubt they will get as much stock as a regular Sprint Stores. You might have better luck with stock at the plain "Sprint Stores" that you find in the store locator.

As far as the lack of mainstream advertising, I hope there won't be any huge lines.VZW is actually a good company, good coverage, and good customer service. You just have to decide for yourself if getting the Pre is worth paying the ETF. I think it is Good luck
    I'm getting mine from a sprint store in Pleasant Hill, CA. I'm first on the wait list and have two on hold for my mom and I. I'll prolly end up showing up at like 7AM and just grab a cup of coffee at the starbucks that's right next to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    i called a corporate Sprint Store and asked about putting down a deposit or buying it in advance and they said "we don't do that." i didn't feel like pressing them or asking for a manager. this has all grown so tiresome.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I visited the Green Hills area corporate store in Nashville today. They told me that they were not keeping any kind of waiting list but that they expected to have "plenty" in stock to meet demand. Hopefully that will be the case everywhere. They also said that anyone on an EPRP could upgrade to a Pre in-store without a problem.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast