Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    There are 2 Sprint stores within 10 miles of me (Uniontown, a suburb of Akron, Ohio), and they're 2 miles apart from each other with a Best Buy sandwiched in-between them... after standing in 5 and 6-hour lines respectively for the first 2 iPhones, I don't think I'll be repeating that for the Pre, but I will buzz by those stores and see if I can't get one on launch day without a lot of hassle...
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I'll be heading out to Springfield, IL nice and early on the 6th. An hour drive to the nearest corporate Sprint store
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    I'll be up bright and early around 5:30am to go wait at my local sprint store in Lithonia, Georgia. I like waiting for cool gadgets so it's no biggie. I'll throw a couple movies on the iPhone and be ok
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm thinking 7AM BB Midrivers in St Peters MO. Anyone else heading that way?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    because you'll look like a ******.
    Wow!... your just too cool for the room huh?

Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I am going to my local Sprint Store at 5pm on the 5th and see if they are going to sell early. If not, I will pull my reclining lawn chair out and proceed to wait until the sales start on the 6th. I am going to get 8 lines of new Pre's so I have to be there first.LOL
    I'd rather look like one than ACT like one.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post

OH NO You just got salted!!! Seriously, it's time to stop acting like children
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    I am going to my local Sprint Store at 5pm on the 5th and see if they are going to sell early. If not, I will pull my reclining lawn chair out and proceed to wait until the sales start on the 6th. I am going to get 8 lines of new Pre's so I have to be there first.LOL
    8 lines???? I hope I'm not behind you, or anyone like you is in front of me haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    5 am? wow that's early but I guess depending on the hours you work as an officer - you're probably up at that time anyways Good luck getting yours that day
    I work 9am - 7pm...

But I'm off that weekend and am not sure at all on lines... .I just want mine "in the bag" so to speak...

What is reasonable if "all stores" open at 8am... how early are you guys gonna be there...
    I got 2 or 3 stores near me in central Jersey. Will try to get there alittle before they open. Can't compare this to iPhone launch because Sprint and Palm basically didn't advertise the Pre on TV yet. Also I do remember seeing people lined up on a cold morning in front of VZW store for the Storm. Now that's what I call a waste of time!
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    I'll be heading out to Springfield, IL nice and early on the 6th. An hour drive to the nearest corporate Sprint store
    What city do you live in out of curiosity? I'm close to Springfield too and was just wondering why you'd be driving their. No Sprint store in your town? That sucks.

I plan to be at mine around 7 - 7:30AM and no earlier. Gotta be to work by 9:30AM. Hope I can get a hold of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post

Seriously though, I'll be at the one in the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. There is a Best Buy a block away in case I need it and I will probably get there an hour early, make sure there is no line, and then head over to Panera next door for breakfast so I can keep an eye out for any lines. If there is already a line when I get there then I'll just stick around while my gf goes to grab breakfast.
    Well I just spoke with Best Buy Mobile people in North Little Rock, AR. They informed me that they're getting 2 (TWO) Pre's on the 6th, which are already spoken for. They said they would have "plenty" in August.

Then I went to the Sprint store in NLR. They were pretty helpful, but told me that I would most likely need to plan on bringing a lawn chair if I wanted to get one next weekend. She couldn't say how many units they would receive. She was fairly knowledgeable about the Pre itself, and answered my questions about moving from ATT.
    Luckily I have two stores within 5 minutes of each other. I plan to stop by 2-3 hours earlier. If there isn't a line (and somehow we've figured out the inventory levels by then), I'll just stay in my car, "liveblogging" from my netbook right here on this forum.
    IMO - getting to the Sprint Store no earlier than 30 minutes before it opens is appropriate. anything earlier than that is obnoxious, unnecessary, inappropriate, and just plain uncalled for.
    That's insane if Sprint sets it up for people to have to wait hours in line for a cell phone. Very poor business!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I got 2 or 3 stores near me in central Jersey. Will try to get there alittle before they open. Can't compare this to iPhone launch because Sprint and Palm basically didn't advertise the Pre on TV yet. Also I do remember seeing people lined up on a cold morning in front of VZW store for the Storm. Now that's what I call a waste of time!
    i live in centreal nj which stores r u going to? I work overnite so i am leaving work probably around 5am or 6 just to get in line and relax before all the craziness starts.
    I'm in Los Angeles. I'm going to buy a round trip ticket to Indianapolis on the 5th to camp out over there at 5am on the 6th. Then I will have the Pre at least 3 hours before you guys on the west coast! MUUUAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

or maybe just wait at the pasadena store with some hot cocoa and mini chocolate donuts... I dunno. I'm gonna play it by ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacqueishasmith@yahoo.com View Post
    i live in centreal nj which stores r u going to? I work overnite so i am leaving work probably around 5am or 6 just to get in line and relax before all the craziness starts.
    you go girl! get on with your bad self!
    Beaumont, TX
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast