Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My 2 cents:

Sprint will only have Pre till end of year, where the rest of the carriers will pick it up. The key thing here is when Pre 2 launches. This i bet will come out on Sprint yet again as exclusive, at which point people will flock to Sprint because nobody wants a Gen 1 device.

Sprint FTMFW
    If Sprint does well with the Pre. Their image improves, numbers grow and they take a nice upswing, I think it'll be interesting to see the Verizon get the Pre. I'm sure they'll neuter things on it and their plans will be higher. If I had a buddy with a Pre on Sprint, and I'm on Verizon and saying Pre comes out next week, can't wait to get it. And he says, yeah, how much are you paying a month for it there? Have fun with that. I pay $20 or so less, my coverage is fine, and I have no issues. Hmmm, maybe I'll check out Sprint then. They could just get enough positive buzz the second half of the year and ride the wave in against the competition.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Sprint's retention dept is known to offer favorite 3 from time to time.

Retetions has clamped down hard
    previous rep entered i could get 3 at contract price now they say no

what is the faorite 3 program
    she said she would work with me on any other phone and get it at the contract price and this was the main head of retention the supervisor at this call center. And i said discount the plan if u cannot give the phone
    she is still trying to do somthing for me. Her assistant called me back on Friday and said they were still working on my case

But tell me what the favorite 3 program is ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePhone4Me View Post
    My 2 cents:

Sprint will only have Pre till end of year, where the rest of the carriers will pick it up. The key thing here is when Pre 2 launches. This i bet will come out on Sprint yet again as exclusive, at which point people will flock to Sprint because nobody wants a Gen 1 device.

Sprint FTMFW
    Pre 2? Everyone is focused on the Pre launch right now. The GSM version will be the next one released.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Pre 2? Everyone is focused on the Pre launch right now. The GSM version will be the next one released.
    And if sprint has any success at all with Pre there will be a Verizon model on Jan 1.

And everyone here is focused on Pre 1, but not everyone in the smartphone market.
    I think it will be decided by how much of the supply Sprint can move quickly, and if they're willing to cut a sweetheart deal with Palm. Apparently AT&T made a deal with Apple about kicking back activation fees and paying a fee for each unit sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I think it will be decided by how much of the supply Sprint can move quickly, and if they're willing to cut a sweetheart deal with Palm. Apparently AT&T made a deal with Apple about kicking back activation fees and paying a fee for each unit sold.
    Sprint is not AT&T. Apple can live with AT&T alone because AT&T is a tier 1 carrier. Limiting a superphone to a tier 2 carrier would be stupid, and the Palm people are not stupid.

Sure, there is a price at which a deal can be done, but that price is way past what Sprint could afford. It's also MUCH MUCH higher than the price was 6 months ago when Sprint had the chance to make it a year.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12