1.    #1  
    Full post by Dan Rumney
    preDevCamp Big updates from preDevCamp
    Key points:

Last week was a busy one! Lots of announcements and conversations about preDevCamp & Palm, between preDevCamp & Palm and within preDevCamp & Palm. Its time to clear things up and talk about the future:

1. whurley and gio have stepped down from the organization team.
    2. Lisa Brewster and Greg Stevenson have joined the main team,
    3. A large number of cities have expressed concerns about the short notice for the preDevCamp date. To ensure that everybody is as ready as they can be ... weve selected August 8th as the date.

Palm are being very supportive and were working out the best ways for them to provide assistance to the numerous events. Im confident that well be seeing some material support coming our way soon.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Thanks Lisa and Greg for taking over.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Interesting developments.
    Hmmm... seems like that's around the time the book comes out too. Maybe we'll actually have the full SDK by then? Wishful thinking, I know.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmmm... seems like that's around the time the book comes out too. Maybe we'll actually have the full SDK by then? Wishful thinking, I know.
    I'm still confused as to how exactly the whole thing is going to work. Don't we have to have an SDK available to really get things going? Without that how much can you do besides a meet and greet. But however it's going to work, I'm still interested in checking it out.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    I'm still confused as to how exactly the whole thing is going to work. Don't we have to have an SDK available to really get things going? Without that how much can you do besides a meet and greet. But however it's going to work, I'm still interested in checking it out.
    The SDK is available to select developers now, and they plan on rolling it out to a larger audience at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hopefully a LOT sooner than August. As much interest I have in webOS, it's just an OS. It needs apps in order to make it useful to the masses. That won't happen (in quantity) until the SDK is released.

Personally, I don't see what the holdup is. Obviously it's at a stable enough release point to produce apps (both by Palm and 3rd party developers), otherwise they couldn't launch.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Anyone here going to the SF PreDevCamp? I just signed up