Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I was on the wait list at the Brea Sprint store. Originally, they told me someone would call me on the 5th to arrange a time on the 6th for pickup. However, today the rep who took my name down called me and told me they just received an email from corporate saying that they are not allowed to hold phones for anyone and that if I wanted one I would have to be at the store 8AM.

Can anyone confirm?
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    This thread will likely be moved but yes, I've received a similar phone call.

I was told that they will be allowing people to come in to buy the Pre starting at 7:30, so long as you are on the list. People will be called in by name.
    confirm what? If a store you had a deal with doesn't let you get it early anymore, theres not much else you can do.
    That sounds reasonable...just default all the stores to 8am on launch day.....evens out the playing field. But I can hear the "Premies" yelling already.."but you said.......".

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    This thread will likely be moved but yes, I've received a similar phone call.

I was told that they will be allowing people to come in to buy the Pre starting at 7:30, so long as you are on the list. People will be called in by name.
    Yeah, I got the call back and that they would call people in by names at 8am on the 6th.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by despo88 View Post
    confirm what? If a store you had a deal with doesn't let you get it early anymore, theres not much else you can do.
    Just to confirm his reasoning for not going by the list. If it is a corporate directive and not a store policy I probably will not try to look for a different Sprint store hoping to get on a list. I'm not looking to go back and challenge his store's decision. I just want more info.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Sorry, to clarify... Being there at 8 AM does not guarantee me a phone. He said NO list, NO calling names, NO priority for people on the list or not, MUST wait in line like everyone else.

Like I said, this just came out of no where today. And I'm just curious are there still corporate stores that plan to go by some sort of list.
    They are not going to call people in by names at 8am...its first come first served. If you want to be first then you need to be early to make sure you're towards the front of the line. They will not call someone into the store at 8am and let them get their Pre before the people at the front of the line...not gonna happen!!!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    They are not going to call people in by names at 8am...its first come first served. If you want to be first then you need to be early to make sure you're towards the front of the line. They will not call someone into the store at 8am and let them get their Pre before the people at the front of the line...not gonna happen!!!
    Yeah, that how I imagine it'll be. I did the line thing for the iPhone 3G (Thought it would be 1-2 hours, it ended up being 10). Not sure if I need the Pre on launch day so badly.
    It won't be a big wait.
    When you walk in the store there will be a big huge stack of boxes full of Pre's.
    Go ahead and sleep in.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rijc99 View Post
    Yeah, that how I imagine it'll be. I did the line thing for the iPhone 3G (Thought it would be 1-2 hours, it ended up being 10). Not sure if I need the Pre on launch day so badly.
    I don't think it will be anything like this. Apple is cool, Palm is yesterday. We'll all be back here by 10am on the 6th wondering why there were no lines. Even so, the Sprint stores will still sell out by the end of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It won't be a big wait.
    When you walk in the store there will be a big huge stack of boxes full of Pre's.
    Go ahead and sleep in.
    2 out of the 4 stores near me are not even opening until 10 so I think I will be sleeping in a bit .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    That sounds more logical, I thought this whole waiting-list bogus was kind of thrown together and too much of a store-by-store basis type thing to be worthwhile.

It makes more sense hype-wise to have people in line each with a fair chance of getting the phone. That way people get talking and show up/make an effort to research it instead of assuming that because all the waiting lists are full, their chances are 0 and being disappointed.

Thumbs up palm!
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
  14. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    It won't be a big wait.
    Go ahead and sleep in.
    I'll do no such thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    That sounds more logical, I thought this whole waiting-list bogus was kind of thrown together and too much of a store-by-store basis type thing to be worthwhile.

It makes more sense hype-wise to have people in line each with a fair chance of getting the phone. That way people get talking and show up/make an effort to research it instead of assuming that because all the waiting lists are full, their chances are 0 and being disappointed.

Thumbs up palm!
    what has it got to do wth palm? they have nothing at all to do with these decisions. The fact is if you know your sprint store people they will hold one for you and do so with a list.
    It won't be a big wait.
    Go ahead and sleep in.
    My Sprint store is opening at 8 a.m., I will be there at 6. After 5 months, I'm not taking a chance, especially when my closest Sprint corp. store is a 45 minute drive.
    Two weeks ago, a Sprint employee told me there was a waiting list but it was just to get people to stop bothering them, it doesn't mean anything, first come, first served.
    I can get up at 5 a.m. and miss some sleep to ensure I have a Pre June 6.
    the day the Wii was first available, I got to the store 45 mins ahead of opening, and was 7th in line. By opening time there were 30-some in line. This is in a smallish city, Syracuse, in Upstate NY. As it turns out, the store only had 11 to sell - not atypical.

It took nearly two years later and across two Xmas seasons for the Wii to be easily available everywhere. Palm should be so lucky ... or not... its widely speculated that the Wii severe under production cost them sales. Sounds like Palm (Foxconn) also is having production problems...

Anyways, get to the store a bit ahead of opening I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    the day the Wii was first available, I got to the store 45 mins ahead of opening, and was 7th in line. By opening time there were 30-some in line. This is in a smallish city, Syracuse, in Upstate NY. As it turns out, the store only had 11 to sell - not atypical.

It took nearly two years later and across two Xmas seasons for the Wii to be easily available everywhere. Palm should be so lucky ... or not... its widely speculated that the Wii severe under production cost them sales. Sounds like Palm (Foxconn) also is having production problems...

Anyways, get to the store a bit ahead of opening I think...
    Guess, we'll be waiting in line together at that Sprint Store in North Syracuse.