Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74
  1.    #1  
    I just dont get the big deal with Twitter...honestly, who cares...what type of USEFULL info are you going to get from it being in Universal search..becauae you are not following anyone from it.......

    Pretty lame for Palm to put it in there....Twitter is pretty lame as it is...
  2. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #2  
    To make you angry.
  3. #3  
    Well, as an example, during the D7 conference you were able to get real-time news updates by searching #d7.
  4. #4  
    Hey, don't #FAIL something until you've given it a good fair try...

    I found out about this forum on twitter. And no, I do not tweet about what cereal I ate for breakfast.
  5. #5  
    yeah man theirs a lot of crazy twitter fans out their not that im even into it but one day i might
  6. #6  
    I have had a twitter account for a while, and i still don't see the big deal about it. I hope there is a way to limit what you search on the pre, like not search twitter
  7. #7  
    yeah i got twitter too just to see whats the big deal i havent logged on in a month none of my friends are on it etheir
  8. #8  
    Because a lot of people like it? It was a smart move, even if I, or you, don't use it.

    Twitter can be used for more than personal blogging, CNN and just about everything else in the world is on there too.

    It's harmless, why so serious?
  9. #9  
    It makes sense that there would be a way to specify search locations.

    It also makes sense that Palm/Sprint would capitalize on the Pre's ability to integrate with the latest greatest social media craze. Whether twitter lasts remains to be seen. I've found it very useful some days and utterly yawn-able on others.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Twitter can be used for more than personal blogging, CNN and just about everything else in the world is on there too.
    This is an excellent point. When I quit looking at twitter as a microblog (not for me) and started looking at it as a nifty RSS-news-feed-funnel-gadget-thingy, it became pretty cool. Examples of twitter accounts I follow:
    NASA, Astro_Mike (from orbit while working on the Hubble), CDCemergency, my local new stations, etc.

    I'm looking forward to trying twitter out on the Pre. I'll wait and see just how useful the search results from twitter are.
  11. TPavey's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #11  
    If you have a twitter account and don't like it and don't want it to be part of universal search..then don't tell the Pre you have a twitter account. Seems pretty simple.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    If you have a twitter account and don't like it and don't want it to be part of universal search..then don't tell the Pre you have a twitter account. Seems pretty simple.
    You don't need a Twitter account to search Twitter. In fact, I don't think I've seen any log-in options for Twitter in webOS.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  13. TPavey's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    You don't need a Twitter account to search Twitter. In fact, I don't think I've seen any log-in options for Twitter in webOS.
    Ahh. I was under the impression that universal search searches the phone first and then the InterWeb. If that's the case I still don't understand why people are upset if twitter gets thrown into the mix. It's a pretty good way to find links to stuff you want.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    Ahh. I was under the impression that universal search searches the phone first and then the InterWeb. If that's the case I still don't understand why people are upset if twitter gets thrown into the mix. It's a pretty good way to find links to stuff you want.
    That is exactly how it works.

    http://www.precentral.net/examining-...es-and-twitter
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  15.    #15  
    I wonder if there is a way to edit add delete the options for Universal Search...it just makes me cringe a little to knwo that when I start typing Twitter pops up with Google, Google Maps, and Wiki....Twitter has no right to be paired with the other three.
  16. #16  
    You still have to click twitter in Universal Search (they should have named it something shorter) to get search results so just don't click it!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  17. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #17  
    exactly, it wont actually search twitter unless you click the button for twitter. If you really have an issue with it just being on the list thats a little strange but to each his own, I hope you find a way to remove it.

    of course thats like going out to dinner and telling them to hand you a menu with only the items you want.
  18. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #18  
    Well.. I do understand him wanting it to not even appear. If it said some totally random website instead of Twitter, that'd I'd never want to use, I'd want the option to not even see it there.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

    Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Because a lot of people like it? It was a smart move, even if I, or you, don't use it.

    Twitter can be used for more than personal blogging, CNN and just about everything else in the world is on there too.

    It's harmless, why so serious?


    sorry i had 2 lol but yeah your right
  20. #20  
    I almost never use a semi-colon. Why does the Palm have it on their keyboard? LAME!!!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions