1.    #1  
    Is there a more lame source than BGR? If so, please nominate it now.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I thought you were going to say you wanted random comments about the BGR review popping up in random threads just to hate on them to stop. I was all for that.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Probably the next site that doesn't say that the Pre is the best phone ever. j/k
    Last edited by lopezpm; 05/29/2009 at 11:55 PM.
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    PhoneNews.com

LOL
    Gizmodo, engadget, macrumors, apple.com etc...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    You are welcome to disagree with BGR, but I think 99% of the anger at them is for correctly deflating hyper heated expectations. Once you have your hands on something, as they did, it is no longer that exciting. You will see half the people here agreeing with many of their points soon enough.

The pre looks good, it moves the ball forward, but the knocking down to reality is natural. You shouldn't resent it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    You are welcome to disagree with BGR, but I think 99% of the anger at them is for correctly deflating hyper heated expectations. Once you have your hands on something, as they did, it is no longer that exciting. You will see half the people here agreeing with many of their points soon enough.

The pre looks good, it moves the ball forward, but the knocking down to reality is natural. You shouldn't resent it.
    You are exactly right. Let's face it, we all think this phone is amazing. But really, think about it 4 months from now, will you still be drooling and going insane? Probably not.

Well said.
    It's more the comments on BGR that are annoying. I used to visit that site a lot and would just get suckered into arguing with trolls.
    Getting upset about it doesn't do anybody good. The best thing you can do is enjoy your phone. Ignore the others
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  11.    #11  

I'm not super gung ho about the Pre. Merely "interested". What gets me about BGR is the quality of the "review", based on the content I've read on their site. I simply find them not very credible and therefore, USELESS as a source for determining if the Pre is a winner or loser. We all disagree with some facets of reviews of products that we already have tried, or owned, but with the BGR site, I find it routinely LAME, in comparison to bloggers elsewhere. I'm also not a Gizmodo fan either...
    Getting upset about a bad review before the Pre is even released is a sort of preemptive cognitive dissonance. We all want to be comfortable with our purchases, and so we hate bad reviews that make us doubt our decisions--even more so, apparently, reviews that make us question our anticipation.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    It's more the comments on BGR that are annoying. I used to visit that site a lot and would just get suckered into arguing with trolls.
    Whats so different about this site? Mention that you like the iPhone and people jump down your throat.
    Look here
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1624518

It's the same. I like BGR, not so much for the reviews but for leaked info.