Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Good evening all, just got home from a visit to my local Seattle Washington Sprint store that is having one of the premier parties. I went in to inquire about an invite to the party as well as what their stock of Pre's might look come Saturday morning, and came out with a lot of good information.

Premier Party Invite
    Since this is what I went in for the rep added my email to an online form that they have access to that should supposedly generate an invite for me. The rep said all Premier customers in the area should have gotten an invite. He said I should be getting an email with the RSVP information within a day or two, and gave me his business card in case I didn't.

One other note, I asked about being able to purchase two Pre's since I have two lines of service, and he said that was no problem.

Pre Stock Levels
    He also noted that they were expecting a "ridiculous" amount of Pre's at the Seattle location. He mentioned it might be the most for any one store. Also that some stock would be withheld until Saturday, even if they sold out on Friday at the event.

Seattle Party Celebrity
    Last thing he clued me into was what was going on at the party itself. Party details including drinks, food, a DJ, and Seattle's celebrity, which will be Seattle Seahawks Center Chris Spencer.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Sprint Rep at my local store told me 4 days ago, that they had to save 30% of their initial shipment for Saturday Sales. I findit hard to believe that a Premier Customer is going to show up Friday Night and be told they can't have one, but that they have stock for Saturday. At least that is consistent with the Seattle story!
    Thanks, delb. Which Seattle store is that info for?
    I'd also like to know which Seattle Sprint Store you are talking about. Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    The Sprint store that is holding the Premier Party for Seattle is the University Village Store. This is the one I went into, it is located at:

Vladimir Village
    2756 Ne 45th St, Ste 102
    Seattle, WA 98105
    Phone: (206) 729-1964
  6.    #6  
    Just to clarify in terms of the party invite, I have yet to receive that despite the rep adding me to that list. I will post back if I get an email.
    I like the notion of rewarding old customers for being so loyal, however... What Sprint needs right now are new subs, and the best way to get new subs is to offer the phones to people who aren't current subs.

Hope they have an even balance of Pres to spread the love around, or there's going to be a lot of confusion and discontent.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Quote Originally Posted by delb View Post
    The Sprint store that is holding the Premier Party for Seattle is the University Village Store. This is the one I went into, it is located at:

Vladimir Village
    2756 Ne 45th St, Ste 102
    Seattle, WA 98105
    Phone: (206) 729-1964
    Thanks, delb!
    Here's what I can contribute...

I called two Radio Shacks (3rd and Pike/Pine and Rainer Valley). They both said they would be carrying the Pre but probably not on launch day. The downtown store said to call Friday or Saturday.

Today I was in Queen Anne and popped into the store on Mercer. The employee's face lit up at my mention of the Pre. He said they would be getting them sometime in June but that he already had a waiting list of four people.

Later today I popped into the Sprint Store downtown at 5th and Union. The guy I spoke to said they had a waiting list and that they expected to sell out in the first few hours and that some people had ordered as many as five units. He said I could only get on a list if I had an existing account. He also said that there would be two demo units available.

Finally, I went to the Westlake Center store. The guy I spoke to said they should have pleanty to go around and that he could take my info and call on Friday or Saturday. I asked if they would be available on Friday, and he said that indeed they would be.

Hope this helps anyone in and around Seattle!
    So there is really no Sprint Primere party in NYC?

Crazy.
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I'm in Seattle myself, this is all very useful to know!

So looks like i'll be hitting 45th and/or Westlake on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    So looks like i'll be hitting 45th and/or Westlake on Saturday.
    You might try calling Westlake. They have a list, looked like only two or three on it and maybe they'd add you over the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by delb View Post
    One other note, I asked about being able to purchase two Pre's since I have two lines of service, and he said that was no problem.
    I think this will be basd on a store-by-store basis...
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwinn View Post
    You might try calling Westlake. They have a list, looked like only two or three on it and maybe they'd add you over the phone.
    I stopped by the Westlake store today and got added to the 'list'. Rep offered to call me first thing on Saturday morning. Absolutely no Friday sales at that location from what she said. Also something to note, they will be opening at 10am on Saturday, not 8am. This is due to the mall hours.

Planning on calling back on Friday to double check hours, but it looks like i'll be waiting at the store on 45th for the 8am opening, and if no luck will supposedly have one reserved at Westlake for 10am.

But did my credit check and got all the initial stuff out of the way. So I think I should be ok to get my hands on one on Saturday
    Last edited by jp22382; 06/01/2009 at 09:10 PM.
    anyone tried the sprint store on lake city way and 145th?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    damn delb! u talk too much! that info wasn't suppose to be shared. if S. isn't employed there next week that's on you homie
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Don't see anything for Seattle or Washington in the Official [location] Forum, so this could get moved there.

Nothing new yet, going to call the rep at Westlake on Friday to verify hours and see if I can get any more info.
    stopped by the corporate store in northgate today and was told they have "enough"

also did a credit check and was approved for 3 lines and no deposit
  20.    #20  
    Quick interesting update. Fired off this email...

... you added my email to a tool that was supposed to generate me an email with an invite tot he party. I did not receive one. You also made mention even if I didn't get one to come anyway as I am a premier member. This was still my plan... is this still ok?

THE RESPONSE...

We have been told by our manager to ask those without invitations to arrive at 7:30 or later. The event will continue until Midnight.

damn delb! u talk too much! that info wasn't suppose to be shared. if S. isn't employed there next week that's on you homie
    Didn't mention any names. There were about 5 employees in the store at the time... all males.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast