Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    I had to pick up a shower rod at a nearby Super Walmart in S. Florida this evening (Friday, 29th) and thought I'd stop by the Wireless Phone section to inquire about the Pre. Now this Walmart is HUGE!!!! So I thought the salesperson would at least know something about the Pre. She had no clue - never heard of it (and I don't think she was faking ignorance either)!!! She said unless it's the release of a big, new phone she wouldn't know about it until they opened the box and saw them for sale. I said the Pre is actually a really BIG phone, on the same order of the I-phone. She shrugged her shoulders and apologized for not knowing anything.

    Although I'm planning on ordering online, I may stop by there next Saturday just to see. Clearly, no one before me had apparently asked her about it. So if I were willing to wait in a line, the line here may be REAL SHORT
  2. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    I had to pick up a shower rod at a nearby Super Walmart in S. Florida this evening (Friday, 29th) and thought I'd stop by the Wireless Phone section to inquire about the Pre. Now this Walmart is HUGE!!!! So I thought the salesperson would at least know something about the Pre. She had no clue - never heard of it (and I don't think she was faking ignorance either)!!! She said unless it's the release of a big, new phone she wouldn't know about it until they opened the box and saw them for sale. I said the Pre is actually a really BIG phone, on the same order of the I-phone. She shrugged her shoulders and apologized for not knowing anything.

    Although I'm planning on ordering online, I may stop by there next Saturday just to see. Clearly, no one before me had apparently asked her about it. So if I were willing to wait in a line, the line here may be REAL SHORT
    Why would you buy it at WalMart anyway?
  3. shadrap's Avatar
    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    #3  
    They are not going to be available online for a while after launch.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    I had to pick up a shower rod at a nearby Super Walmart in S. Florida this evening (Friday, 29th) and thought I'd stop by the Wireless Phone section to inquire about the Pre. Now this Walmart is HUGE!!!! So I thought the salesperson would at least know something about the Pre. She had no clue - never heard of it (and I don't think she was faking ignorance either)!!! She said unless it's the release of a big, new phone she wouldn't know about it until they opened the box and saw them for sale. I said the Pre is actually a really BIG phone, on the same order of the I-phone. She shrugged her shoulders and apologized for not knowing anything.

    Although I'm planning on ordering online, I may stop by there next Saturday just to see. Clearly, no one before me had apparently asked her about it. So if I were willing to wait in a line, the line here may be REAL SHORT
    Not all Walmarts will get the Pre. Not all Walmarts carry Sprint phones, such as the one nearest me. The larger ones would be more likely to--the Super Walmarts, perhaps.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Why would you buy it at WalMart anyway?
    Same phone as that purchased at Best Buy, RadioShack, Sprint, etc.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Why would you buy it at WalMart anyway?
    ever stop to think the OP may live close to a Walmart, but not close to the other stores in question???
  7. #7  
    Wait... somebody working at Walmart was clueless? No way!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  8. urabcsr's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #8  
    True..Only a handfull of WM stores will actually be getting the Pre. Compared to how many Domestic Units WM has, it's actually a small number of stores. The good news is that the training is out there for WM associates in the form of online info. Nothing that we haven't seen here already. The gesture guide and a getting started guide that has all been seen here. The most promising thing I have seen is a 64 (I think) page guide that is quite detailed, but still nothing new.
    The good thing about it is that the info is there. Unfortunately due to WM's security settings there is no way to email or print it or I would of had it all posted already. Again, it's nothing new. The date it was posted to the internal WM site was 05/22. I first noticed it on the 26th and spent half a day trying to get to printed with no luck.
  9. #9  
    lol I went into the Sprint store here in Atlanta and I knew more than the guy who worked there, which I found funny.. He said they were all going to a training session this weekend and to call him then, he said they would DEF have enough in stock though
  10. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Same phone as that purchased at Best Buy, RadioShack, Sprint, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave
    ever stop to think the OP may live close to a Walmart, but not close to the other stores in question???
    I still stand by my question.
  11. #11  
    If it's the South Florida I know, there's probably 5 Sprint Stores, 5 Wal-Marts, 10 Radio Shacks, and 5 Best Buys within 15 miles...
  12.    #12  
    Slow nite, eh? Well, do you think a Sprint-purchased Pre is better than a Walmart-purchased Pre ;-)
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    If it's the South Florida I know, there's probably 5 Sprint Stores, 5 Wal-Marts, 10 Radio Shacks, and 5 Best Buys within 15 miles...
    441 & Hillsboro in Coconut Creek? Yes, there are plenty of options around for me - should I choose not to order it online. As I stated in my original post, I went to the WalMart for another reason - but it is still closest to me AND would possibly be less busy next Saturday (if they stock the Pre) as far as the Sprint stores, etc.
  14. #14  
    I've been wondering what kind of account access these non-Sprint outlets will have. They'd need to know, for instance, whether we qualify for the contract renewal discount.

    For that matter, I wonder if they'll have jacked-up prices, which have been rumor.

    Bah. I think I'll do the Sprint thing. Too many unknowns. No offense to the reps out there, but many are clueless enough, within their own industry/field. How much worse in someone else's field?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  15. #15  
    This just in: Wal-Mart employees clueless about everything, especially tech gadgets.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    This just in: Wal-Mart employees clueless about everything, especially tech gadgets.
    Kind of like 99% of Sprint employees
  17. #17  
    Less than 5% of the Walmart Stores will have the Pre.
    Would you take the time to learn about something you are not going to sell?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Less than 5% of the Walmart Stores will have the Pre.
    Would you take the time to learn about something you are not going to sell?
    seriously, have you been in a sprint store? The Pro advocate in my store literally has zero WM apps on his Pro and does not know the term "today screen". Yet he will tell you why you should by the Pro, even if 90%of his information oin handset (and plan) is incorrect. It isn't about the phone it is about selling a plan or contract renewal -- that is their commission base.

    Sales people are trained in selling. Sprint people make no money selling phones they make it on new customers and plan renewal.

    The idea that walmart, or best buy, or radio shack salespeople will know less is credible only for people who haven't bothered to actually talk to the average sprint CSR or advocate and realize how little they know.

    There are sprint people who know a lot, but no more so then people in the general population
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I went to my local Sprint store to ask about shower rods and they were totally clueless.
    Nice
  20. #20  
    If I were to buy my Pre at Walmart it would be probably to avoid lines but I would not want them to put their grubby hands on it! I don't think I could ever trust a WM employ to have enough savvy to activate it. Is it possible to just buy one and take it and activate it on your own? Probably not since they make their money on activations. OK I jus talked myself out of buying at WM!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions