1.    #1  
    I apologize if this has already been posted but I did a search and did not find it anywhere.

I am getting tired of the reviewers just stating the negatives and not talking about the positives. Especially when they haven't even tried the phone first hand.

His biggest reason for not buying the pre is because..... It's a first gen phone. Really, Seriously, thats all you got.

Anyway, there is a poll asking if you are buying the pre or not. If you jump over be sure and click yes, to show him the error of his ways.

Here is the link
    Mr. Ski Mask!!! Glad to see that you're still hanging around!

But actually it was a pretty strong endorsement: the only thing he could say about the Pre that was wrong was the 8GB limit and lack of microSD. It actually seemed to me like he was trying to convince himself that he didn't need the Pre. I bet he ends up with one before the summer is out.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/29/2009 at 08:21 PM.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    The Pre is amazing and complaints about how it's not a world phone or how it's on Sprint won't change my mind.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    How long would you have to wait for a gen 2 phone? That's my problem.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    And being a Premier customer, I'd only have to wait a year to get the upgrade at the discount. Would gen 2 happen in less than a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    And being a Premier customer, I'd only have to wait a year to get the upgrade at the discount. Would gen 2 happen in less than a year?

I could see a 16gb version around the time it hits Verizon or AT&T other than that I doubt any major revision for a year.
    That guy is an *****. He claims he loves that the iPhone can be upgraded via software, but never mentions that the Pre also has this same feature, and is actually integrated much nicer (OTA updates without formatting).
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    the INTERESTING thing is that if you take a look at the poll results on this story, it's over 50% that say they will get a pre no matter what and almost 3,000 people have voted so far!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Well... that may be because people who are more inclined to read the article are more inclined to buy the Pre. As well as threads like this telling people to go there and vote that we're going to buy it.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Mr. Ski Mask!!! Glad to see that you're still hanging around!

But actually it was a pretty strong endorsement: the only thing he could say about the Pre that was wrong was the 8GB limit and lack of microSD. It actually seemed to me like he was trying to convince himself that he didn't need the Pre. I bet he ends up with one before the summer is out.
    yes I am still around.

Maybe I read to much in to the article but it just sounded to me like this guy is not giving palm any benefit of the doubt and nick picking on things he has not confirmed.
    There's only 1 person's opinion on the Pre that I care about.
    Mine.
    I know I'm going to love it, so I'm buying one.
    As much as I respect the Pogues, Baigs and Mossbergs of the tech journalism biz, my opinion counts the most.
    BTW, PALMMMMMMMMMM!
    Nice to have you back releasemypre.
    I hope you post a video of you waiting in line and then getting your Pre on June 6.
    That would be a video I would pay to see.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    There's only 1 person's opinion on the Pre that I care about.
    Mine.
    I know I'm going to love it, so I'm buying one.
    As much as I respect the Pogues, Baigs and Mossbergs of the tech journalism biz, my opinion counts the most.
    BTW, PALMMMMMMMMMM!
    Nice to have you back releasemypre.
    I hope you post a video of you waiting in line and then getting your Pre on June 6.
    That would be a video I would pay to see.
    We are planning something.
    Quote Originally Posted by releasemypre View Post
    We are planning something.
    Yeah!
    Take off the mask when you get the Pre for dramatic effect.