Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    So I dunno if anyone here read about the Google IO even this week, but they demoed some pretty interesting things there.

On the first day, they demoed many of the possibilities of HTML 5 and showed of a plugin called O3D, which gives the ability to do 3D rendering right inside a browser.

And that got me thinking....

Last I recall, the pre is/does support HTML 5. Which makes me wonder if some of these features and things like 3D rendering could be implemented on it. Does anyone else know more about this?

Here's a link to the google page where you can download the plugins and see for yourself: O3D API - Google Code

or just the youtube video:

Don't forget! All of that 3D is done with javascript!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Good find, hope this is possible on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPreee View Post
    Good find, hope this is possible on the Pre.
    Yeah I don't see why it wouldn't be able to if Palm wanted. I mean the pre does html 5, css, and javascript. All they would need is to implement this open source plugin. I mean there would still be the limitations of the pre's hardware.
    There is also this site that does some amazing things with javascript and the like. Wonder how the Pre does on these. Darth Pooh? D94?

Chrome Experiments - Home
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    yeah i remember when google first announced 03D about a month or so ago and this was a question that popped up. that would be ridiculously sweet if sometime down the road this was implemented if not being possible from the jump!! imagine the apps and games that could be made using these tools!!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    yeah i remember when google first announced 03D about a month or so ago and this was a question that popped up. that would be ridiculously sweet if sometime down the road this was implemented if not being possible from the jump!! imagine the apps and games that could be made using these tools!!!
    I would guess it is entirely possible. It would just be up to palm to implement an O3D plugin.
    FWIW, Palm had some engineers at IO and even demo'd the Pre at the event. Hope they're lining up something!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Would be cool.

Personally I'm seeing WebOS being primed to take advantage of the full capabilities of Wave. Add some sort of file browser and it would be the new target for all smart phones in that regard.