Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went to Sprint.com and printed out like 20 stores in my area and just started calling. It seems that "Non-Corporate" or "3rd party" Sprint locations can start their own lists. I was just 100% guaranteed a Pre on the 6th. I questioned him and he promised me up and down. He said he is getting in 133 of them. I said "so I can stop looking around" and he emphatically said "YES"!!!.

So I guess "Corprate" Sprint stores have very strict rules they have to follow where as a "Non-Corporate" retail store does not.

Thought I'd share
    There is no spoon
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I lol'd.
    I almost filled up.
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Tell us how that worked for you on the 6th ok
    short skirt and lots of cleavage...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Tell us how that worked for you on the 6th ok

Why is this such a ridiculous notion? Why would this guy spend 5 minutes of his life lying to me? So I can show up and he can say "I don't know what your are talking about"? What does he gain from this???
    There is no spoon
    I've been told that there are Red Carpet third party Sprint retailers that earn spec privileges w/ Sprint for sales #'s. I believe that these stores will have stock of Pre's but fall outside corp ctrl
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Why is this such a ridiculous notion? Why would this guy spend 5 minutes of his life lying to me? So I can show up and he can say "I don't know what your are talking about"? What does he gain from this???
    It's not that he's lying about saving you one, but when there's 10 people asking to buy a Pre and saying things like "Are you sure you have none in the back I'll buy every accessory" things change, he gets nothing by holding it for you.

Also, 133 sounds like a fabrication. Best Buy gets 4, Sprint stores are rumored to get 30 to 100, but third party stores get 133?

Good luck, just show up early anyway.
    therefore can do how they please w/ lists and rebates. v've been told that I'm on "the list" 4 1 here in Austin and they'll make it an inst rebate. sry for 2 posts...Opera Mini on Instinct = 180 char
    Why is this such a ridiculous notion? Why would this guy spend 5 minutes of his life lying to me?
    Why you ask?

He said he is getting in 133 of them.
    There.

Neither him nor anyone else knows how many units their store is getting. In fact, there's a good chance their shipment is being staggered through next week (and continuing throughout the month).
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Why would this guy spend 5 minutes of his life lying to me?
    If he gets a commission, he has just guaranteed himself at least one customer. If others show up before you, even better for him.

Hopefully he's honest and can hold it for you despite his manager.
    So the scenario is a lot of people line up on opening day, they open the doors and say to the customers in line "I'm sorry, we are all sold out of the Pre's".
  14.    #14  
    The 133 thing does sound crazy. He did mention he had several stores. It's a company called Absolute Wireless in NC. I guess he could of been talking about his combined inventory?

My point is...there is no reason for him to lie. No matter how many Pre's anybody gets in the near future everyone of them is going to sell. I'm sure he's not worried about not being able to move product. We had a 5 minute conversation and if he was lying to me the dude needs some serious medication. He would of been fabricating quite a story. I guess it's possible....I don't know.

This probably doesn't mean a damn thing...but I am in the car business ...which is really the "people" business...and I was sold
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    That's never worked for me. It has worked on me, but never to my advantage...
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    That's never worked for me. It has worked on me, but never to my advantage...
    +5
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Well it depends, is this a Sprint store or a 3rd party store that sells sprint? See were I live both Sprints stores aren't corporate owned but they are still Sprint stores. They show up on Sprints web site but they are offering the Pre with no rebate. They are in fact getting them in stock, how many they have no clue and showed me the memo asking them to open at 8AM. Which sucks because they were going to do a midnight launch before.

The manager at the one I went two, we have two in town, told me he would hold it but I'm taking it with a grain of salt. He may have just said that to get me to come back, so I plan to be there at 8AM. Don't have to work until 9:30AM luckily and so I see that as my best bet.

I do agree with most of the posters, the fact that the store you went to claims to know stock seems fishy. As for holding one I wouldn't bet on it. Again though it depends on if they are an official sprint store, funny thing is nothing in our town is owned by spring not even the towers. Thought that was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Hey if that works, I will show up looking like a **** just so I can make sure I get a Pre!
  19.    #19  
    I just called him back today and he confirmed that his company, which has 7 stores, will be getting 133 units. He confirmed my phone number from his list that I gave him last week. He said he is not sure if he can sell them on the 5th because that rule keeps changing apparently. He said he will call me on the 5th and might be able to sell it that night.

If I were you guys I would find a non-corporate Sprint retailer and get on a list.
    There is no spoon
    I went to an independent store and they were clueless about how may they would have and never even thought about starting a list. Not enough people were asking about the Pre. I was only the second person to even mention the Pre.

At a bigger store in a mall they were equally clueless about a list.

"Hey Joe, are we keeping a list for the Pre?"
    "List? What kind of list? What are you talking about?"
    "You know - for reservations for one."
    "Huh? I still don't know what you're talking about."

I left the store at that point.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast