Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    One thing that I've come to love on my Curve is the ability to save myself tons of time while typing with its automatic text expansion/replacement. For instance, I type in "idk," and "I don't know" automatically pops up.

Does anybody know if the Pre will have any feature like this out of the box? If not, I suppose an app could take care of it, most likely.
    I would like the ability *not* to have auto-correction. For example, in French "il" means "he" but my Centro changes it to "I'll". I have to then go back and edit, or fool the OS by typing "iil" and then deleting the middle "i". This should be an option--I don't like stupid machines thinking they are doing me a favor by fixing my "mistakes."
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Hopefully it will be included with an option to turn it off. Some how I think it won't considering the Pre seems to be option light at this time.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff DLB View Post
    I would like the ability *not* to have auto-correction. For example, in French "il" means "he" but my Centro changes it to "I'll". I have to then go back and edit, or fool the OS by typing "iil" and then deleting the middle "i". This should be an option--I don't like stupid machines thinking they are doing me a favor by fixing my "mistakes."
    Yeah, it should definitely be customizable. I think BlackBerry perfected it by having an editable database. That way, you can add your own automatic corrections (or shortcuts), but yet not have any annoyances from the OS trying to type for you. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff DLB View Post
    Yeah, auto correct is a pain but once in a while it cracks me up. My wife and I both have iPhones and the other day she texted me "Hi Hindu". She was trying to say "hi honey" but for some reason it thought to auto correct Honey to Hindu.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    How about a full on spell check menu option for IM/txt/email like Windows Mobile (professional edition) has? There's got to be a built-in dictionary on board somewhere, right?