1.    #1  
    I'm sorry guys....I'm sure this has come up a thousand times already...I searched and couldnt find exctly what I was looking for....I promise!

I have a website that I go to all of the time to download Howard Stern. I run a quick Hotsync to download it onto my SD card so I can throw on some headphones and listen before I go to sleep. Will I be able to go directly to this website and download the MP3 directly to the Pre? If not, I asuppose I will just have to hook it up via USB and drag and drop?

Any help is appreciated. Again, sorry for the repeated topic. Thanks and Ba-Ba-Booey to you all
    Last edited by Knee Dragger; 05/29/2009 at 05:20 PM.
    There is no spoon
    nope
    dont know about downloading but drag and drop is doable. f jackie
    You can't save it to the flash memory from the website. However, if you tap on the link, it'll stream to the Pre.
    So let me get this right, if I were to find a mp3 file (or any other file type) on a web site that I wanted to download via the browser, your saying I can't save it to the 8 gig flash memory? So for instance I have a web site that has free mp3 files for use as ring tones - you guys are saying that the Pre can't download it? How is a mp3 file any different than say saving a picture from the browser? I have to be confused cause this is not making much sense. Someone set me straight!
    Quote Originally Posted by cbloom164 View Post
    So let me get this right, if I were to find a mp3 file (or any other file type) on a web site that I wanted to download via the browser, your saying I can't save it to the 8 gig flash memory? So for instance I have a web site that has free mp3 files for use as ring tones - you guys are saying that the Pre can't download it? How is a mp3 file any different than say saving a picture from the browser? I have to be confused cause this is not making much sense. Someone set me straight!
    Can't save a picture from the browser either, from what I understand.

And I can't set you straight, it doesn't make that much sense to me either. It's not a big deal in my case, but it still doesn't make too much sense.

The only reasoning I can come up with for it is because there's no file browser exposed to the system, but there's no reason I can see why it shouldn't be able to save automatically to the pictures, docs, music, videos, etc. libraries that are preconfigured on the Pre.
    Thats exactly the reason, no file browser.

I would expect to see something in an OS update however.

Lets remember, brand new OS....i think they have done A LOT right with what they have on the first try on this thing....a few updates and I think it'll be perfect.
    Not YET.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I'm pretty sure that Palm will be adding this feature in another webOS update.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Thats exactly the reason, no file browser.

I would expect to see something in an OS update however.

Lets remember, brand new OS....i think they have done A LOT right with what they have on the first try on this thing....a few updates and I think it'll be perfect.
    But there doesn't have to be a file browser. If I click on an MP3, it should pop up an option save or play. I don't need to browse to decide where to save it, it should save to wherever the OS' music application reads from. Because, there is a browser for music, and there is a browser for pictures. Just because there isn't an OS-wide file browser doesn't mean that it shouldn't be able to save to the directory where the appropriate applications can read it from.

Though, as I said before, it has absolutely no bearing on my interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Not YET.

We say that an awful lot here...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    But there doesn't have to be a file browser. If I click on an MP3, it should pop up an option save or play. I don't need to browse to decide where to save it, it should save to wherever the OS' music application reads from. Because, there is a browser for music, and there is a browser for pictures. Just because there isn't an OS-wide file browser doesn't mean that it shouldn't be able to save to the directory where the appropriate applications can read it from.
    This is what I am talking about. Every week I download various twit.tv podcast(s) (Windows Weekly/ Macbreak/ this WEEK in TECH) on my current windows mobile phone (Q9c) and play them in my car via bluetooth (using the Ford SYNC system). I download them straight to my phone and play them as I am driving around. I don't need to crawl the Pre's file system, I just want to be able to download content someplace the Pre's mp3 player can get at. I am hoping this is possible.

Anyone (that has played with the Pre up to this point) care to commit?
    Quote Originally Posted by cbloom164 View Post
    This is what I am talking about. Every week I download various twit.tv podcast(s) (Windows Weekly/ Macbreak/ this WEEK in TECH) on my current windows mobile phone (Q9c) and play them in my car via bluetooth (using the Ford SYNC system). I download them straight to my phone and play them as I am driving around. I don't need to crawl the Pre's file system, I just want to be able to download content someplace the Pre's mp3 player can get at. I am hoping this is possible.

Anyone (that has played with the Pre up to this point) care to commit?
    I know that's what you're talking about, and we already know it's not possible. I'm just saying that I don't get why, because of what I previously stated.
    I know that's what you're talking about, and we already know it's not possible. I'm just saying that I don't get why, because of what I previously stated.
    I think I should have said that differently, what I meant by my "thats what I am talking about" is that you got it, and that I was glad that I was not the only one wanting this feature. I hope that add that small feature very soon. I view this as a backwards move in my book for a smart phone. My god to think that windows mobile can do something better than webOS. That is amazing, because in IMHO Windows Mobile (6.1) blows chunks on so many levels.

Though, as I said before, it has absolutely no bearing on my interest.
    That is a function of the browser. It has to be built in to the browser, and even though we've all been accostomed to seeing PC based browsers do this, it's really not the default behavior of an HTML application. It's an add-on feature.

I don't think the Pre's browser is going to do that out of the box.