Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Looks like the Palm Pre might actually be getting an on-screen keyboard!
    Check out the first post on PreRumors.com (Can't post direct link since I still have under 10 post.)
    Last edited by PalmPreee; 05/29/2009 at 05:32 PM.
    Here's the link:
    On-Screen Keyboard Very Possible For The Pre

Thanks for the tip, though there's little new (other than the ever-so-convenient "From what we heard").
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    No problem, I will keeping looking for more information on this.
    Thread title is VERY misleading...
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be misleading.
    I don't see how an on-screen keyboard would work in the current design of webOS - all developers can program are cards and notifications. They have no power to enhance the Pre system-wide as far as I know. What this probably means is developers can make an in-app on-screen keyboard for their app alone if they chose to, which I'm sure isn't too hard with html and javascript. A system-wide keyboard would probably have to come in a firmware update though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultima301 View Post
    I don't see how an on-screen keyboard would work in the current design of webOS - all developers can program are cards and notifications. They have no power to enhance the Pre system-wide as far as I know. What this probably means is developers can make an in-app on-screen keyboard for their app alone if they chose to, which I'm sure isn't too hard with html and javascript. A system-wide keyboard would probably have to come in a firmware update though.
    They can probably make a headless app that you turn on once that can communicate with other webOS applications.

Most likely just the base Apps.
    I like how everyone said that the iPhone not having a physical keyboard was a dealbreaker but now that the Pre has one people want an on-screen keyboard LOL. Funny how people are.

That being said it would be more convient having it for landscape type but I would much rather have a physical kb than an on-screen only.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.